News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Syria reported to have use Chemical Warfare

Started by Suu, April 23, 2013, 02:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

-

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
Protests are apparently going to be held in the UK on the 31st.

I'm wavering on whether to attend. I'm pretty sure this is still bullshit to grab votes and show them listening to the people by not taking action.... which is what the strategic goal seems to be.

That said, I've been reconsidering my stance on protests and going would probably be useful in that regard.

Anyone else in the UK/elsewhere hearing similar things?

The 31st as well, in Portland. I'll be in Oklahoma, though, and I'm pretty damned sure I'm not of the ballz to try my luck at demonstrating there.

Also, from the "so fucking true, it's funny" file:

http://pdxintelligencer.com/attempt-to-organize-anti-war-rally-via-facebook-turns-into-bitter-argument-over-tactics/

QuotePosts calling for an end to the antagonism begin to drown out the antagonistic posts, resulting in increasingly antagonistic posts calling for an end to the posts calling for an end to the antagonism. Fortunately, many of those engaged in the more contentious arguments have already stated that they do no not plan on attending the event itself.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cain

-

Cain

-

LMNO

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2013, 07:59:53 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-the-saudi-connection-the-prince-with-close-ties-to-washington-at-the-heart-of-the-push-for-war-8785049.html

Quote"It was Prince Bandar's intelligence agency that first alerted Western allies to the alleged use of sarin gas by the Syrian regime in February." "The CIA is believed to have been working with Prince Bandar directly since last year in training rebels at base in Jordan close to the Syrian border. The Saudis are "indispensable partners on Syria" and have considerable influence on American thinking, a senior US official told The Wall Street Journal yesterday. He added: "No one wants to do anything alone"."

Well, shit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

Aw, don't tell me I'm the only one giggling.

The Machine™ seems to be in good functioning order.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 28, 2013, 08:14:40 PM

Can't stop laughing, over here.  ha HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

As an exercise in highlighting the structure of the system, it's superb.

It's just, you know, the death. And propagation of shittery. All roads and options that seem likely to be adopted lead to bad times. Attempts to take other options will probably be thwarted.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 08:21:29 PM

As an exercise in highlighting the structure of the system, it's superb.

It's just, you know, the death. And propagation of shittery. All roads and options that seem likely to be adopted lead to bad times. Attempts to take other options will probably be thwarted.

Nobody said it was a healthy laugh.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Cain

-

LMNO

You know, the reality we're living in is written more poorly than a Tom Clancy novel.

Cain

-

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 28, 2013, 07:48:27 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
Protests are apparently going to be held in the UK on the 31st.

I'm wavering on whether to attend. I'm pretty sure this is still bullshit to grab votes and show them listening to the people by not taking action.... which is what the strategic goal seems to be.

That said, I've been reconsidering my stance on protests and going would probably be useful in that regard.

Anyone else in the UK/elsewhere hearing similar things?

The 31st as well, in Portland. I'll be in Oklahoma, though, and I'm pretty damned sure I'm not of the ballz to try my luck at demonstrating there.

Also, from the "so fucking true, it's funny" file:

http://pdxintelligencer.com/attempt-to-organize-anti-war-rally-via-facebook-turns-into-bitter-argument-over-tactics/

QuotePosts calling for an end to the antagonism begin to drown out the antagonistic posts, resulting in increasingly antagonistic posts calling for an end to the posts calling for an end to the antagonism. Fortunately, many of those engaged in the more contentious arguments have already stated that they do no not plan on attending the event itself.

HAW HAW HAW HAW!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."