News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Call the cops, get evicted

Started by Trivial, April 27, 2013, 06:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

MMIX

http://www.aclu.org/blog/womens-rights-lgbt-rights-racial-justice-criminal-law-reform/shut-or-get-out-pa-city-punishes

does that work?

Also
Holy fuck Norristown, Pa, et al, there are no words for that level of mean spiritedness.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Pope Pixie Pickle

Nice way to ignore ALL the research on how domestic abuse works, wankstains.

I predict a rise in death by partner for the black women in that town. (as they don't seem to enforce it with white wimmen)

Can't leave without a safety net, AND,  when you leave a domestic abuser, it's the most dangerous time, and when the most fatalities occur.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

What the fucking fuck, PA? You're letting me down, here. Why is your land so beautiful and the people so fucked up?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

von

How the hell do laws like this even...

Seriously? I can see the implied implications of why these laws exist, but how do you makes these laws seem rational enough to vote for?

And why aren't the freemarketfags railing against this!? Landlords shouldn't be forced to evict people just because they call the police! It's between the landlord and the tenant what the terms of their relationship imply: it's none of the anti-nuisance police's business who a landlord chooses to rent to! :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 29, 2013, 12:17:52 PM
And why aren't the freemarketfags railing against this!?

Because it only happens to Those People.  You know the ones.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, nobody listens to free market tards.  Even the GOP laughs at them.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 02:54:56 PM

Ah dude, that's what I meant with the whole "implying impli..." stuff.

Man, call my reasoning behind this disgusting or whatever, but racism is such a counter-utilitarian ideology. Because some half-wit racists wanna cause problems for minorities, there are landlords who have to lose revenue. You'd think that series of bus boycotts would have taught these fools that you don't fuck with people who pour capital into your coffers: black money is just as green as anyone elses...

This would be a fun article to post somewhere where extreme right libertarian types exist with my logic making the premise of nuisance laws seem evil...I'd be interested how the dissonnace between defense of the free market would play out against the typical defense of racism that's prevalent in such crowds...

(and yes, I do see the fucked up-ness of turning the police against the vulnerable -- it should go without saying that this is wrong; just figured this angle of "free marketness" would be a fun way of looking at things under a not-so-typical light)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 29, 2013, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 02:54:56 PM

Ah dude, that's what I meant with the whole "implying impli..." stuff.

I'm just stating what the popular impression of libertarians/free market tards is.  I'm not claiming that it is accurate in all cases or even in general.  But this is the reputation that crowd has.

QuoteMan, call my reasoning behind this disgusting or whatever, but racism is such a counter-utilitarian ideology. Because some half-wit racists wanna cause problems for minorities, there are landlords who have to lose revenue. You'd think that series of bus boycotts would have taught these fools that you don't fuck with people who pour capital into your coffers: black money is just as green as anyone elses...

That's not really the point.  The point is to get women - particularly minorities - to SHUT UP like in the good old days.  To many people right now, that's far more important than money.

QuoteThis would be a fun article to post somewhere where extreme right libertarian types exist with my logic making the premise of nuisance laws seem evil...I'd be interested how the dissonnace between defense of the free market would play out against the typical defense of racism that's prevalent in such crowds...

Make sure you're using a proxy.   :lulz:  They'll free speech your ass right into your grave.

Quote(and yes, I do see the fucked up-ness of turning the police against the vulnerable -- it should go without saying that this is wrong; just figured this angle of "free marketness" would be a fun way of looking at things under a not-so-typical light)

The police are always used against the vulnerable.  They're easy targets, and don't cost too many votes...Because the rest of the vulnerable people are all pre-rich, and don't want to rock the boat.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The sheer incredible idiocy of the pre-rich crowd is mind-boggling. How anyone can look at America and think "I'm poor right now but I'm going to make it big someday" with absolutely no plan or basis for doing so is essentially a retard.

Even if they have a plan, they're fucking retarded. Most of the time the "plan" is this nebulous "I will work hard and be rewarded" concept that doesn't actually mean anything. Every once in a while the plan is the slightly more workable "I will go to business school and get an MBA and work in management for a corporation" which ends one of two ways for the common man with no family connections: way one is you're smart and have people skills so you work your way up through management and end up CEO of a small corporation with a salary less than $100k, way two is you're not that smart and you don't have much by way of people skills and you end up unemployed, or doing "small business consulting" which is a fancy way of saying that you're an out of work MBA.

Which scenario is more likely for our little pre-rich teabuddies? I'm gonna go with option 2, because anyone who thinks they're going to get rich with an MBA is obviously a fucking retard. What you're going to get is $200k in debt, and unemployed.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

This isn't 4chan.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 29, 2013, 09:02:54 PM

This isn't 4chan.

You kind of have to allow young republicans a little slack while they learn how to communicate.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 29, 2013, 09:02:54 PM

This isn't 4chan.

^THIS^

Also, misogyny/ not thinking it applies to them. That's why they aren't going RAARGH.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 29, 2013, 05:54:16 PM
The sheer incredible idiocy of the pre-rich crowd is mind-boggling. How anyone can look at America and think "I'm poor right now but I'm going to make it big someday" with absolutely no plan or basis for doing so is essentially a retard.

Even if they have a plan, they're fucking retarded. Most of the time the "plan" is this nebulous "I will work hard and be rewarded" concept that doesn't actually mean anything. Every once in a while the plan is the slightly more workable "I will go to business school and get an MBA and work in management for a corporation" which ends one of two ways for the common man with no family connections: way one is you're smart and have people skills so you work your way up through management and end up CEO of a small corporation with a salary less than $100k, way two is you're not that smart and you don't have much by way of people skills and you end up unemployed, or doing "small business consulting" which is a fancy way of saying that you're an out of work MBA.

Which scenario is more likely for our little pre-rich teabuddies? I'm gonna go with option 2, because anyone who thinks they're going to get rich with an MBA is obviously a fucking retard. What you're going to get is $200k in debt, and unemployed.

They expect to become rich because they're "exceptional".  When asked about it, they holler shit about "innovation", which is libertarian for "Baby Jesus is gonna give me money".  They're essentially Calvinists, even if they think they're atheist.  The principles remain the same.  God/The Universe/Ayn Rand loves them and will give them nice things.  One day.  Soon.