News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Call the cops, get evicted

Started by Trivial, April 27, 2013, 06:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 09:06:11 PM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 29, 2013, 09:02:54 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 29, 2013, 12:17:52 PM
And why aren't the freemarketfags railing against this!?

This isn't 4chan.

You kind of have to allow young republicans a little slack while they learn how to communicate.

Sure. I'm instructing him.  :)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Other traits common to Libertarians:

1.  They ALL started out DIRT FUCKING POOR.  Every one of the little darlings was raised in a cardboard box, and beaten every night in leiu of supper.

2.  They're ALL rich NOW, or at least on the way there.  Of course, an IP trace of any given Libertarian leads to a Starbucks restaurant near a university, but that's obviously because they own the Starbucks.  Alternatively, they are posting from someone's basement, probably their mother's, but that's because the man is keeping them down with health care and shit.

3.  They ALL value money more than (actual) freedom, other human beings, or even their own well-being.  It's a sort of degenerate religion.  Common religious terms include "productivity" (slavery), "entitlements" (poor people being allowed to eat), and "innovation" (their version of the Lord's prayer).

4.  They mostly hate women.  Not all of them hate women, but that's how you bet.  Why?  Because women A) are inexplicably not drawn into conversations when Libertarians very visibly read Atlas Shrugged at the coffee shop, and B) Women tend to be more interested in group survival than in horrible greedhead assbaggery.  Said greedhead assbaggery being the sum total of what Libertarians care about, when the rubber hits the road.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

It is in fact my position that Libertarians should be returned to their natural environment:  Somalia.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 09:17:12 PM
Other traits common to Libertarians:

1.  They ALL started out DIRT FUCKING POOR.  Every one of the little darlings was raised in a cardboard box, and beaten every night in leiu of supper.

2.  They're ALL rich NOW, or at least on the way there.  Of course, an IP trace of any given Libertarian leads to a Starbucks restaurant near a university, but that's obviously because they own the Starbucks.  Alternatively, they are posting from someone's basement, probably their mother's, but that's because the man is keeping them down with health care and shit.

3.  They ALL value money more than (actual) freedom, other human beings, or even their own well-being.  It's a sort of degenerate religion.  Common religious terms include "productivity" (slavery), "entitlements" (poor people being allowed to eat), and "innovation" (their version of the Lord's prayer).

4.  They mostly hate women.  Not all of them hate women, but that's how you bet.  Why?  Because women A) are inexplicably not drawn into conversations when Libertarians very visibly read Atlas Shrugged at the coffee shop, and B) Women tend to be more interested in group survival than in horrible greedhead assbaggery.  Said greedhead assbaggery being the sum total of what Libertarians care about, when the rubber hits the road.

The value freedom so long as it's their freedom. They don't care if other people don't have their freedom.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 29, 2013, 09:22:20 PM
The value freedom so long as it's their freedom. They don't care if other people don't have their freedom.

No, actually, their own freedom comes secondary to money.  No shit.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 09:22:52 PM

Wow. So we can take their guns as long as they make enough money?

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

In today's world, freedom IS money. Money guarantees all those little luxuries like resort hotels for the 'planning meetings' and spas for the 'bonuses' and all the hookers one can blow. Just because all that money comes with certain . . . requirements . . . doesn't mean you're not free. It just means you're dedicated. Dedicated to showing how much better you are than your neighbors, hah-ha!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 29, 2013, 09:23:38 PM

No, guns are kind of sacred (somehow, this ties in with "keeping your money", though not one of them has the stones to actually stand up to the IRS).  But allowing banks and private prisons to arrange all of your society's social mores is just fine.  So are debtor's prisons, lack of due process, and lack of anything resembling control over your own body.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 29, 2013, 09:25:18 PM
In today's world, freedom IS money. Money guarantees all those little luxuries like resort hotels for the 'planning meetings' and spas for the 'bonuses' and all the hookers one can blow. Just because all that money comes with certain . . . requirements . . . doesn't mean you're not free. It just means you're dedicated. Dedicated to showing how much better you are than your neighbors, hah-ha!

Well, it's basically that in a shallow and corrupt nation, the highest aspiration anyone can seem to come up with is "get rich".

Because shrouds have pockets, doncha know.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 29, 2013, 05:54:16 PM
The sheer incredible idiocy of the pre-rich crowd is mind-boggling. How anyone can look at America and think "I'm poor right now but I'm going to make it big someday" with absolutely no plan or basis for doing so is essentially a retard.

Even if they have a plan, they're fucking retarded. Most of the time the "plan" is this nebulous "I will work hard and be rewarded" concept that doesn't actually mean anything. Every once in a while the plan is the slightly more workable "I will go to business school and get an MBA and work in management for a corporation" which ends one of two ways for the common man with no family connections: way one is you're smart and have people skills so you work your way up through management and end up CEO of a small corporation with a salary less than $100k, way two is you're not that smart and you don't have much by way of people skills and you end up unemployed, or doing "small business consulting" which is a fancy way of saying that you're an out of work MBA.

Which scenario is more likely for our little pre-rich teabuddies? I'm gonna go with option 2, because anyone who thinks they're going to get rich with an MBA is obviously a fucking retard. What you're going to get is $200k in debt, and unemployed.

Pre-rich starts at about 5:00
I'M GOING FOR ACTRESSING
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Citation:

QuoteSo: not only is slavery in principle acceptable to a libertarian (propertarian), the slave remains, technically, completely at liberty, even at the moment he is killed with impunity by his master. (His master has no duty to transfer title to the market-acquired slave's life back to the disadvantaged slave.)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 29, 2013, 11:44:08 PM

Citation:

QuoteSo: not only is slavery in principle acceptable to a libertarian (propertarian), the slave remains, technically, completely at liberty, even at the moment he is killed with impunity by his master. (His master has no duty to transfer title to the market-acquired slave's life back to the disadvantaged slave.)

Um, that article is nothing short of amazing.  Good find.

Cain

I know, right?  The abridged version of it that I sometimes use, "would it be permissible to sell yourself into slavery under a libertarian legal system?" tends to get me banned for trolling on libertarian blogs and communities.  But not before creating a massively entertaining row.

von

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2013, 12:36:52 AM
I know, right?  The abridged version of it that I sometimes use, "would it be permissible to sell yourself into slavery under a libertarian legal system?" tends to get me banned for trolling on libertarian blogs and communities.  But not before creating a massively entertaining row.

This position, like the "lol somalia" rebuttle, is something right-libertarians hear too much of -- it's one of the stereotypical "obvious troll" arguments.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 30, 2013, 01:01:21 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2013, 12:36:52 AM

This position, like the "lol somalia" rebuttle, is something right-libertarians hear too much of -- it's one of the stereotypical "obvious troll" arguments.

IOW, they're jujitsued into massive butthurt. :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division