News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Call the cops, get evicted

Started by Trivial, April 27, 2013, 06:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 02:09:40 AM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 30, 2013, 02:07:15 AM

Shit I derailed so hard...so um, how 'bout them nuisance laws? Any ideas on how to get those removed?

Well, first you have to get rid of all the humans that wanted nuisance laws. 

That means pretty much everyone except that old deaf mute guy down the street, and I wouldn't be too sure about him.

I mean, seriously, VZ, who makes laws in America?  The legislators.  And WHY do they make endless laws?  Because The People are too stupid to reelect do-nothing congressmen.

And if you tore it all up, people would just start building it again.  Because humans are DUMB.

This is so depressingly true...so depressingly true that it makes the whole thing seem pointless. After reading this post, I now have this itch in the center-rear of my skull -- feels like where the cerebrum and the cerebellum connect -- anyway, this itch...it tickles in a funny way that just makes me laugh...seriously, I can't fucking stop chuckling at this. I mean, it's like when you have an itch that you just can scratch and the futility of the endeavour makes you do inanely goofy things in order to reach that one spot on your back -- but you still end up failing.

This post has given me the urge to insert a coat hanger into my ear in order to scratch this itch that's wedged between two surfaces of my brain. I absolutely can't stop laughing at this!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 30, 2013, 02:18:35 AM

Shit I derailed so hard...so um, how 'bout them nuisance laws? Any ideas on how to get those removed?

That means pretty much everyone except that old deaf mute guy down the street, and I wouldn't be too sure about him.

I mean, seriously, VZ, who makes laws in America?  The legislators.  And WHY do they make endless laws?  Because The People are too stupid to reelect do-nothing congressmen.

And if you tore it all up, people would just start building it again.  Because humans are DUMB.

This is so depressingly true...so depressingly true that it makes the whole thing seem pointless. After reading this post, I now have this itch in the center-rear of my skull -- feels like where the cerebrum and the cerebellum connect -- anyway, this itch...it tickles in a funny way that just makes me laugh...seriously, I can't fucking stop chuckling at this. I mean, it's like when you have an itch that you just can scratch and the futility of the endeavour makes you do inanely goofy things in order to reach that one spot on your back -- but you still end up failing.

This post has given me the urge to insert a coat hanger into my ear in order to scratch this itch that's wedged between two surfaces of my brain. I absolutely can't stop laughing at this!

Rule #1:  Monkeys.

There is no rule #2.

Gotta say, though, that I've noticed that you completely ignore Nigel's responses.  Curious, here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 02:19:47 AM

There is no rule #2.

Gotta say, though, that I've noticed that you completely ignore Nigel's responses.  Curious, here.

It's the easy way out, Roger. He can just pretend I don't exist, and then there isn't the discomfort of actually, y'know.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 30, 2013, 02:25:19 AM

There is no rule #2.

It's the easy way out, Roger. He can just pretend I don't exist, and then there isn't the discomfort of actually, y'know.

It's because you're so damn Nigel.  You should work on that.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 02:02:26 AM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 30, 2013, 01:52:58 AM

You appear to be saying: I want my enemy to wet his pants and cry

No, I want my enemy to quit the field.

QuoteYou know, I used to be afraid of you when I was a kid: always figured the big evil roger from peedee would crawl out of the internet and smash all of my hippy dreams. Your misanthropy is actually enjoyable and engaging, come to find out.

Yes, Dirty Old Uncle Roger turns out to be mostly harmless.  Certain people are shocked to learn this.  Others, like LMNO had me figured out from day one.

Maybe.

I had a glimmer that you were OK when Little Billy was frying racist republican ass on Mystic Pricks.
And LMNO probably has about 30 IQ points on me. So yeah, he probably did.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on April 30, 2013, 02:26:15 AM

QuoteYou know, I used to be afraid of you when I was a kid: always figured the big evil roger from peedee would crawl out of the internet and smash all of my hippy dreams. Your misanthropy is actually enjoyable and engaging, come to find out.

Yes, Dirty Old Uncle Roger turns out to be mostly harmless.  Certain people are shocked to learn this.  Others, like LMNO had me figured out from day one.

Maybe.

I had a glimmer that you were OK when Little Billy was frying racist republican ass on Mystic Pricks.

You've both also met me in person. 

I miss Little Billy.   :sad:  Poor bastard didn't have a chance.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 02:27:42 AM
Quote from: stelz on April 30, 2013, 02:26:15 AM

Maybe.

You've both also met me in person. 

I miss Little Billy.   :sad:  Poor bastard didn't have a chance.

They KILLED him.
I WILL NEVER FORGIVE.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 02:26:00 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 30, 2013, 02:25:19 AM

There is no rule #2.

It's because you're so damn Nigel.  You should work on that.

I keep trying, but now none of the therapists in Portland will see me anymore.  :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

von

There is no rule #2.

Nigel's responses provided the same effect as your last one...

They hit deeper though -- harder to respond to...

I don't engage in politics directly -- scoffing at it and ridiculing it and debating it is easy, because in the end, politics are not something I actually do. Nigel, though, she presents economics...truth about economics to such a degree that it's hard to deal with directly. Unlike politics, all humans deal with economics directly at some scale.

I have been one of those poor free market idiots for so long...I see alot of truth in nigel's posts, so I do not debate them...I read them, I absorb their information, but I do not dare debate them because there is much truth in them.

There is a further reason, as well, for me not replying to nigel.

In the TN cuts benefits thread, I said some terribly rude things to/about nigel -- In truth, I respect her greatly (hell, I've been lurking here for years...the regulars here shaped my ideas about the world all through highschool) and that I've disrespected her so openly in a public forum has kinda got me sitting here cowering in shame: I dare not speak directly to her for I feel I said such rude things about her that any further words from me towards her would be insulting to her.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 30, 2013, 02:31:13 AM

There is no rule #2.

I don't engage in politics directly -- scoffing at it and ridiculing it and debating it is easy, because in the end, politics are not something I actually do. Nigel, though, she presents economics...truth about economics to such a degree that it's hard to deal with directly. Unlike politics, all humans deal with economics directly at some scale.

I have been one of those poor free market idiots for so long...I see alot of truth in nigel's posts, so I do not debate them...I read them, I absorb their information, but I do not dare debate them because there is much truth in them.

In the TN cuts benefits thread, I said some terribly rude things to/about nigel -- In truth, I respect her greatly (hell, I've been lurking here for years...the regulars here shaped my ideas about the world all through highschool) and that I've disrespected her so openly in a public forum has kinda got me sitting here cowering in shame: I dare not speak directly to her for I feel I said such rude things about her that any further words from me towards her would be insulting to her.

You may find that an apology is a lot easier than it may seem.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There is no rule #2.

Well you just fucking proved me wrong, kid...  :lulz:

I had bets on you not being bipedal enough to say ANY of the stuff you just said up there. Congrats! I will now eat my hat.

For the record, I really respect that you nutted up and said that. That was really courageous.

I'm gonna tell you a little secret about me, and that is that I forgive easily and don't hold grudges. So, you're OK by me. That was damn upright of you. 

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 02:33:13 AM

There is no rule #2.

You may find that an apology is a lot easier than it may seem.

With things that evoke real emotion from me, I get long winded and word things in the most incomprehensibly obscure way possible: guess its just a way to cope with shame.

Regardless, Nigel, I apologise for anything I've said against you...

Anna Mae Bollocks

I was going to say Nigel's great, just do the biped thing and it's all good, but she beat me to it.

Because she is also FAST.

And possibly omniscient.  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on April 30, 2013, 02:40:27 AM
I was going to say Nigel's great, just do the biped thing and it's all good, but she beat me to it.

Because she is also FAST.

And possibly omniscient.  :lol:

It was her recent promotion.

von

Hey guise! Now that I've displayed a slim glimmer of humanity, can I lose my epiteth of being naught but a randroid troll from totse, or is this simply asking too much? :lulz: