News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

A guide for "new" Popes

Started by El Sjaako, April 27, 2013, 12:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Sjaako

I wanted to make something with the facebook Discordians, and this is what I got:

http://www.abnormail.org/documents/newpope.pdf

Eater of Clowns

I like it.  It's a fun riff on the stuff in the Principia without rehashing the same thing.  Good thing to leave hanging around with a pope card stapled to it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

GrannySmith

thanks, i recently poped all my facebook friends and one was wondering about the hat  :)
  X  

Q. G. Pennyworth

Is there a version of this that works as a trifold? It seems like everything would be in the wrong order if I printed this and folded it up.

El Sjaako

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 27, 2013, 03:23:29 PM
Is there a version of this that works as a trifold? It seems like everything would be in the wrong order if I printed this and folded it up.

It doesn't? I guess I should have actually printed it out and tried.

After some testing with a piece of paper (I don't have access to a printer right now), I think it works if you fold it the other way. Usually there would be a fold on the left of the cover of the leaflet, and the end of the paper on the right. Now you want the fold to be on the right of the cover.

If you want a changed version I'll be able to make one for you on Tuesday.

Bu🤠ns

Bu🤠ns

I love it btw!  Especially the last bit about burning the pamphlet. 

One thing for the us over here in the States...While it might be a few extra steps for us to cut down an 11x17 (tabloid) size paper to A4 size, it would be even sweeter if you could make a version that's 8.5x11 (letter) size.  :)

I tried fitting to print but you can see how the folds don't line up very neatly and there's a huge margin on the edges. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87357637/2013-04-27%2011.07.23.jpg

Hell, I'd even be happy to adjust it for 8.5x11 (if it's not convenient for you to find that paper size) -- if you're able to provide the source file.

El Sjaako

Quote from: Bu☆ns on April 27, 2013, 05:13:13 PM
I love it btw!  Especially the last bit about burning the pamphlet. 

One thing for the us over here in the States...While it might be a few extra steps for us to cut down an 11x17 (tabloid) size paper to A4 size, it would be even sweeter if you could make a version that's 8.5x11 (letter) size.  :)

Didn't think about that and I'll be happy to do it. You will have to wait till Tuesday though, when I'm back at the PC with the source files.

I guess thinking about these things in advance comes with experience.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

El Sjaako

I've decided I like the weird fold, and that I am lazy, so I'm sticking to that.

But I have adjusted it to fit on letter paper:

http://www.abnormail.org/documents/newpopeLetter.pdf

I hope that works.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: el sjaako on April 30, 2013, 02:52:45 PM
I've decided I like the weird fold, and that I am lazy, so I'm sticking to that.

But I have adjusted it to fit on letter paper:

http://www.abnormail.org/documents/newpopeLetter.pdf

I hope that works.

Awesome! thanks.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.