News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

NIGEL, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 28, 2013, 05:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on April 28, 2013, 07:15:42 AM
OHOH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEE!

:teabagger1:

I still say that girl in the bottom right hand corner is gonna kill all of those fuckers, one fine day.

Hopefully soon.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 09:19:27 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on April 30, 2013, 09:18:30 PM

ABOUT

fuckin time something happens here to shake things up.

AND

it's as shocking as a piece of toast.

LOVE

the notion that being asked to recite the pledge is like being bullied.

FUCK

Of course.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with coercing children to pledge allegiance to a nation that is fucking them over from birth.

It's just fine.

Sort of like there's nothing wrong with one inmate expecting his "girlfriend" to call him "Big Daddy" after a little prison rape.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

E.O.T.

IT SEEMS

to go against most sense to want to eat old nasty meat, even in the most dire times.

I AM

as surprised, as is every person i've spoken to about this new ruling. i don't understand why people would be upset by this, except for juvenile reasons. We are citizens of the United States, why would we not pledge our allegiance to the flag we stand as citizens under?

I WAS NOT

aware that p.d. supported separatist motions against/ within/ for the United States.  I think that is very interesting, however incredibly unlikely.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: E.O.T. on May 01, 2013, 12:36:17 AM

IT SEEMS

to go against most sense to want to eat old nasty meat, even in the most dire times.

I AM

as surprised, as is every person i've spoken to about this new ruling. i don't understand why people would be upset by this, except for juvenile reasons. We are citizens of the United States, why would we not pledge our allegiance to the flag we stand as citizens under?

I WAS NOT

aware that p.d. supported separatist motions against/ within/ for the United States.  I think that is very interesting, however incredibly unlikely.

BECAUSE

The one thing that makes America worth having is "Fuck you, I don't give a shit".

IF

I answer the draft, report to jury duty, and pay my taxes

THEN

That's all the fucking loyalty the USA needs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cainad (dec.)

PD (the WHOLE THING) supports separatism because some of us think that using the arm of the law to enforce a ritual of obedience is a bit fucked? :lulz:

:troll:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on May 01, 2013, 12:46:31 AM
PD (the WHOLE THING) supports separatism because some of us think that using the arm of the law to enforce a ritual of obedience is a bit fucked? :lulz:

Also, I have to share the country with shit like this:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/30/man-loses-life-savings-at-carnival-but-wins-giant-banana-with-dreadlocks/

E.O.T.

WELL

every person one meets on the street may agree to that notion, but it is meaningless

E.O.T.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 01, 2013, 12:39:07 AM

IT SEEMS

I AM

I WAS NOT

BECAUSE

The one thing that makes America worth having is "Fuck you, I don't give a shit".

IF

THEN

THAT

strikes me as a shitty attitude

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: E.O.T. on May 01, 2013, 01:17:32 AM

WELL

every person one meets on the street may agree to that notion, but it is meaningless

So is the pledge, except as a means of conditioning people to accept authority.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: E.O.T. on May 01, 2013, 01:20:45 AM

IT SEEMS

I AM

I WAS NOT

BECAUSE

IF

THEN

THAT

But that's the awesome part.  I get to have my shitty attitude whether you like it or not, and you can be just as civic-minded as YOU please.  Thing is, I won't tell you to be shitty, and you don't tell me to be all patriotic.

I spent enough time in uniform to see how this country gets the bills paid and, frankly, it isn't worth the corn in my shit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

IT SEEMS

I AM

I WAS NOT

Well, to begin with, pledging allegiance to the flag is pledging allegiance to the regime, not to the people. If you happen to disagree with the regime, it's a forced lie under duress. I am not super down with my kids being forced to pledge allegiance to a surveillance regime which makes free use of torture and indefinite detainment, in violation of its own constitution.

Yes, it is all pretty much just symbolic, but symbolism can be meaningful and it can have an effect on the way we think.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

The first definition Merrian-Webster gives for "allegiance" is "the obligation of a feudal vassal to his liege lord"

HAR HAR.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty

Quote from: E.O.T. on May 01, 2013, 01:20:45 AM

IT SEEMS

I AM

I WAS NOT

BECAUSE

IF

THEN

THAT

Tell it to Mark Twain. What's shitty about questioning leadership at every level, at every age? How is their trust earned? By the colors of a flag waved over countless bodies? If they want my allegiance they should do something to earn it, it doesn't come automatically. That's largely what's wrong with everyone. They just go with the rank flow.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Or tell it to Thomas Paine.

Oh snap, 1700's.

America's over, folks. Nothing to see here, move along...
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division