News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

NIGEL, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 28, 2013, 05:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 28, 2013, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 28, 2013, 06:36:07 PM
It'll be good practice for the future, when they have to say other irrelevant bullshit they don't mean for no good reason.

You just summed up the state's biggest newspaper in one perfectly concise sentence.

I was thinking job interviews, but yes.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 28, 2013, 08:15:56 AM
We said the Pledge of Allegiance every day in my school. Only towards the end of my senior year did it become a problem. Kids started rising up . . . and getting detention and then suspension. Apparently if you don't say it, you're an un-American commie-pinko faggot bastard or something. And if you DO say it, then you're a Patriotic hero of my little ponies and stars spring from your twat dispensing truth, justice, and seasonally appropriate confetti.

I didn't really care one way or the other. It was just another bullshit part of school and one of the least irritating ones at that.

I have my Junior High Principal to thank for cementing my will like no one else ever could.

By 8th grade I had decided I would sit for the pledge.

By 9th I grew the balls to do it. There were a few of us. I don't know I could have done it on my own. There was a gulf war and stuff--it made it easier.

My Principal was not pleased. He called us out in the middle of a school assembly. Accused us of being disrespectful. Trying to show off. Something along those lines. It fucking sucked.

I learned then and there that I had a choice between sucking it up and being a fucking hypocrite, or sucking it up and being derided and shamed. He didn't cement my will to never be a hypocrite. He cemented my will to suck it up.

Fuck anybody who forces that choice on kids.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on April 28, 2013, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 28, 2013, 08:15:56 AM
We said the Pledge of Allegiance every day in my school. Only towards the end of my senior year did it become a problem. Kids started rising up . . . and getting detention and then suspension. Apparently if you don't say it, you're an un-American commie-pinko faggot bastard or something. And if you DO say it, then you're a Patriotic hero of my little ponies and stars spring from your twat dispensing truth, justice, and seasonally appropriate confetti.

I didn't really care one way or the other. It was just another bullshit part of school and one of the least irritating ones at that.

I have my Junior High Principal to thank for cementing my will like no one else ever could.

By 8th grade I had decided I would sit for the pledge.

By 9th I grew the balls to do it. There were a few of us. I don't know I could have done it on my own. There was a gulf war and stuff--it made it easier.

My Principal was not pleased. He called us out in the middle of a school assembly. Accused us of being disrespectful. Trying to show off. Something along those lines. It fucking sucked.

I learned then and there that I had a choice between sucking it up and being a fucking hypocrite, or sucking it up and being derided and shamed. He didn't cement my will to never be a hypocrite. He cemented my will to suck it up.

Fuck anybody who forces that choice on kids.

Shitty situation, no doubt.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 28, 2013, 07:06:26 PM
Oh, and then it DID pass. Really, fuckers? Fuck.

I am happy to note that my old family friend and State rep for my district was the guy who spoke out most harshly against it.

WELCOME
TO
ARIZONA
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 01:22:28 AM

I am happy to note that my old family friend and State rep for my district was the guy who spoke out most harshly against it.

WELCOME
TO
ARIZONA

Or Texas. Or Florida.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: stelz on April 29, 2013, 03:28:53 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 01:22:28 AM

WELCOME
TO
ARIZONA

Or Texas. Or Florida.

Also Arizona.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Aucoq

QuoteFrederick ended his remarks by quoting folks singer John Prine: "The flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore."

That's great. :lol:

In high school we said the pledge every day as well as a moment of silence for praying. I never said the pledge nor cared about it. It was just a couple of minutes for my friends and I to shoot the shit during class. It always seemed very child indoctrination-esque/culty to me. Looking back I wonder how many of my classmates get hard-ons seeing a flag lapel pin on a politician now because of saying the pledge every day though. I mean it has to work on at least some kids, right?
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Personally, I see nothing wrong with legally forcing minors to swear fealty to a society that's systematically fucking them over.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sita

We had the pledge every day. I stopped saying it around 2nd or 3rd grade because I thought it was stupid.
Never did have a teacher complain about it though.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sita on April 29, 2013, 03:27:54 PM
We had the pledge every day. I stopped saying it around 2nd or 3rd grade because I thought it was stupid.
Never did have a teacher complain about it though.

Same here.  But in 6th grade homeroom, I had a teacher who said that anyone who didn't feel like saying it could remain seated if they chose.  I ran into him when I was in high school, and that came up.  He said that the pledge in and of itself was un-American and contrary to everything the founders had said.  It's basically a holdover from the 50s, when the same sort of MAKE EVERYONE LISTEN TO US mentality that we have today was running wild in the nation.

You know, when they threw people in jail for unpopular political ideologies, etc.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Aucoq on April 29, 2013, 01:33:30 PM
QuoteFrederick ended his remarks by quoting folks singer John Prine: "The flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore."

That's great. :lol:

In high school we said the pledge every day as well as a moment of silence for praying. I never said the pledge nor cared about it. It was just a couple of minutes for my friends and I to shoot the shit during class. It always seemed very child indoctrination-esque/culty to me. Looking back I wonder how many of my classmates get hard-ons seeing a flag lapel pin on a politician now because of saying the pledge every day though. I mean it has to work on at least some kids, right?

Lew is fucking awesome. He's an old family friend, as well as being my district's rep.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Johnny on April 28, 2013, 07:15:42 AM
OHOH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEE!

:teabagger1:

I still say that girl in the bottom right hand corner is gonna kill all of those fuckers, one fine day.

E.O.T.

ABOUT

fuckin time something happens here to shake things up.

AND

it's as shocking as a piece of toast.

LOVE

the notion that being asked to recite the pledge is like being bullied.

FUCK
"a good fight justifies any cause"

The Good Reverend Roger

And then she's gonna EAT 'em.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: E.O.T. on April 30, 2013, 09:18:30 PM

ABOUT

fuckin time something happens here to shake things up.

AND

it's as shocking as a piece of toast.

LOVE

the notion that being asked to recite the pledge is like being bullied.

FUCK

Of course.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with coercing children to pledge allegiance to a nation that is fucking them over from birth.

It's just fine.