News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

I MAEDED SO MANY THINGS!

Started by Freeky, March 10, 2016, 06:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 12, 2016, 05:00:45 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 12, 2016, 12:24:49 PM
I think we could throw together a kickass recipe book if we went for it, I love the PD style.

As long as it has Alty's candied yams recipe.  :lulz:

He is a MASTER CHEF.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NeonWytch

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 12, 2016, 12:24:49 PM
I think we could throw together a kickass recipe book if we went for it, I love the PD style.

A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Today, we get extremely ambitious and make a main course PLUS A SIDE!

Fried Rice

Basmati Rice, 2 cups
3 jumbo eggs
corn
peas
carrots
broccoli
soy sauce
sesame oil

1. Cook the rice an hour and a half before dinner is supposed to start, because fried rice takes for fucking ever.  Holy shit, you're on top of this shit tonight.
2. Hot damn, that rice is fucking perfectly cooked.  Let that shit cool completely.
3. Thaw the carrots and peas, corn, and broccoli, because frozen shit is precooked and that cuts cook time by a bit.  Wait, how the fuck has it been 45 minutes?  Uh, scramble the eggs with some oil and soy sauce in.  Just a bit, you don't need to drown the eggs in that crap. 
4. Cook those eggs.  Oh, oh no.  No, time what are you doing.  No time STAHP
5. Stir fry the vegetables in sesameoil andsoy sauce.
6.Stirfry therice andvegetablesand addtheeggs last whyisn'ttherea biggerpan fuck
6.5 SALT ALL THE THINGS

Orange Chicken

SAUCE:
rice vinegar
the zest of 4 ORANGES
orange juice
brown sugar
ancho chile pepper
garlic powder

MEATS:
6 chicken thighs
flour
corn starch
salt
pepper
oil

7. PANIC BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED CUTTING THE THIGHS UP AND YOU'VE GOT LIKE 15 MINTUES BEFORE DINNER
8. Pour some orange juice in a pan.  Add a little vinegar, the zest, some brown sugar (not as much as the zest), the spices. Stare blankly into the pan and the void beyond, and decide to add some soy sauce and terriyaki sauce, also.  Put it on the back burner to begin reducing. Shit, hope that's enough!
9. Cut the chicken quite thin, it'll speed up the cook time and also possibly will come out crunchy or some other more appropriate word.
11. mix like a cup of flour and a cup of corn starch.  Yeah, that looks like enough.
12 are you forgetting anything fuck hope not OIL FUCK SHIT
13. Start heating up the oil.  This is taking a lot longer than you expected.
14. Ah, good, we're up to putting the chicken in the actual oil now.  This will take a long time, because the pan is still too small.
15. Still frying that chicken.
16. Fuck meals that consist of entree + side.  Srsly.
17. Hallelujah, the chicken is all done, and the sauce is about done, too.  Oh.  Oh no.  Is that enough sauce?
18. Add chicken.  Stare in horror, because it doesn't look like it'll be enough sauce.
19. stir that chicken good and hard.  If you stir long enough, you'll get the sauce to touch all the surfaces, and therefore it'll be on all the chicken. Technically.

It's not bad, probably next time I make the chicken I'll use just corn starch, but jesus christ I hate making meals.  The quantity of fried rice alone was enough to last me a week.

Freeky

WASSAIL

2 quarts apple cider
1 quart pineapple juice
1/4 lb dried cranberries
a handful of dried cherries
cinnamon
oranges
cloves
pumpkin pie spice

Cut oranges in half, and if you have whole coves put a bunch in the oranges, but ground cloves still work.  Go easy on the cinnamon if you don't have sticks (take the sticks out after about 6 hours).
Put all that shit in a crockpot, cook on high for an hour and a half, then keep it on the Warm setting overnight. 
Squeeze the oranges into the pot, then toss them out.  Strain all the stuff out if you want, but the fruit makes for a nice snack while you're drinking.

You could probably put hard liquor in, too, but I don't know what would go best.  Go nuts.

Freeky

FUCK YOU, IT'S RUM CAKE!

You're gonna need:

A box of yellow cake mix
1/2 cup of rum (the origninal called for Bacardi gold, but all I have is Captain Morgan Black Bell so who the fuck even cares)
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 ounce dry vanilla pudding mix

another 1/2 cup rum
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 valencia orange squeezings
1/2 cup butter (salted is fine)
1/4 cup water

PUT ALL THE EGGS AND THE FIRST GROUPING OF WET INGREDIENTS IN A BIG FUCKEN BOWL AND USE A HAND MIXER TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT ACTUALLY UNTIL JUST BLENDED, THEN THROW IN THE BOX OF CAKE MIX AND THE PUDDING MIX AND REALLY BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT FOR LIKE 4 MINUTES UNTIL THAT SHIT IS SMOOTH.  GREASE UP YOUR FUCKEN BIG CAKE WHATEVER AND HEAT YOUR OVEN TO 350F, THROW THAT SHIT IN THERE! COOK ABOUT 40 MINUTES, OR UNTIL IT'S FUCKIN DONE.

TEN MINUTES BEFORE YOUR FUCKIN RUM CAKE IS DONE, SLAM A FUCKIN SAUCEPAN ON YOUR STOVE AND THROW THAT BUTTER IN UNTIL IT MELTS!  ADD ALL THE THINGS, BRING TO A BOIL, AND DROP IT BACK DOWN TO JUST A FUCKIN' SIMMER FOR A WHILE.  WE'RE MAKING A GLAZE HERE, SO USE YOUR OWN FUCKIN DISCRETION FOR CONSISTENCY.

CAKE'S DONE!  STAB THAT SHIT GENTLY WITH A SKEWER OR A BIG FUCKIN FORK, AND POUR LIKE HALF THE GLAZE SHIT OVER THE CAKE.  YOU FILL THOSE FUCKIN' HOLES, GLAZE!  PICK A THING ON WHICH THE CAKE WILL REST, CUT THE BUMPY PART OFF AND FLIP YOUR CAKE WHATEVER OVER, DUMPING THE RUM CAKE OUT.  POUR THE REST OF THE RUM GLAZE OVER THE CAKE EVENLY.  HOLY SHIT, EAT THE FUCK OUT OF IT AND BE AMAZE AT THE GOODNESS.

Freeky

Another attempt at making .20 cent ramen edible.

1 1/2 pound baby carrots
5 small potatoes or so
2 pounds of bacon ends
1 sweet onion

Preheat oven OH SHIT LOOK AT THAT PREP WORK YEAAAAH! to 350F

cut baby carrots into thirds and make a layer at the bottom of a glass pan
slice the onion pretty thin oh god dammit fuck you onions, CRYING NOW.
after you've half drowned yourself washing the onion fumes out of your face, layer bacon on top neatly. Don't want to see any onion or carrot.
cook until carrots are soft in the oven, set bacon aside and put onions and carrots in a big pot.
Shit, forgot to cook the potatoes.  Well, there's plenty of bacon grease, anyway.
scrub the potatoes and cut them into very small wedges.
salt and pepper and paprika them, and toss into the bacon grease.
watch youtube and completely forget you're cooking for an hour, remember after the grease starts burning but before the potatoes are blackened.
throw potatoes into pot, add two bowls of water, and simmer.
watch youtube and forget you're cooking for an hour, remember when all the liquid is gone and the stuff is beginning to stick to the bottom.
throw two more bowls of water in and remove from heat.

Later, cook some ramen noodles and add the flavor packet to a bowl of the soup you made.  It's edible, not much else.

Freeky

POOR PEOPLE PASTA

1 bag of angel hair pasta
1 can cream of mushroom condensed soup
1/2 can whole milk

This is disgusting, don't bother making it.

-takes another bite-

Freeky

Stuffed Mushroom Dinner

5 Portobello Mushrooms
2 1/4 cups imitation crab, finely chopped
1 cup cream cheese
1 cup finely chopped parsley
1 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb bacon slices
bread crumbs

1. Remove stem from mushroom. Realize you have no idea how to clean a mushroom. Maybe if you stick it under water...? Okay it's peeling, is that supposed to happen? What are you supposed to do with the fluting? You guess you'll just remove it...?

2. Dump the block of room temp cream cheese in. Remove parself leaves from stems. Gosh, this is taking a while, maybe my fingers are not the most efficient, but how do you get rid of the stems otherwise? Okay, good, now do the green onions. Now the crab, and the cheese. Okay, now mix it all together. Realize that you probably should have smashed the cream cheese a bit, to make it easier to work. Oh well, it's fine, you're sure.

2.5. Pour some oil over the mushroom caps, which will be the bottom. I bet olive oil would be nice.

3. Fill the mushrooms with the mix.

4. Wrap the mushrooms in enough slices of bacon to cover the tops, folding the bacon over itself on the bottom, like you're wrapping a bow the wrong way around.

5. Shit, you forgot the bread crumbs AND to preheat the oven. Well, preheat to 375F, you guess. And, uh, sprinkle the bread crumbs over the bacon generously. Whatever, it'll be fine.

6. Having already put the mushrooms on a cookie sheet, slide those tasty treats in the oven and wait. Check after 20 minutes, then check in 5 minute intervals until done because this is the first time you've done this and you made it up and they're not done cooking but you don't want to forget how you made it so you're writing the recipe NOW.

7. Enjoy the hell out of it, hopefully.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would eat like 500 of these.

The Wizard Joseph

Sounds like an edible food! You can leave the gills in, and just a gentle rinse is good. The stems you can probably chop up and put in the mix or add to the bread crumbs topping.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Just a quick note, it ended up being 25 minutes (but the center were warm and not hot, and the mushrooms in the center were underdone) so maybe do these at 350F for 30 minutes and then hit it with the braise setting for another five minutes to get teh bread crumbs nice and brown and crispy.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 15, 2017, 03:13:39 AM
I would eat like 500 of these.

I saulte you, I was only able to eat one before it was too much for me.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 15, 2017, 04:00:59 AM
Sounds like an edible food! You can leave the gills in, and just a gentle rinse is good. The stems you can probably chop up and put in the mix or add to the bread crumbs topping.

I'll remember that for next time! :)

Freeky

HAM CARAMEL

1 stick of butter, salted
brown sugar, some
honey, a little
lemon juice, a little

Melt butter. Throw everything else in. Stir stir stir stir stir stir stir don't let that shit burn. When it smells like it might start to burn, remove from heat. Either pour over a ham as a glaze (and bake for like 15 minutes) or let it cool some, shape it into cubes or balls or what have you and put in the fridge.

Enjoy either your ham or your caramel, or both, fuckit, there's plenty of mixture.