News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

ITT: You give me terrible ideas for waffles

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, April 30, 2013, 04:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love these recent "more exotic" waffle suggestions. I think you need to do it. For your guests.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 06:00:01 AM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 09, 2013, 08:09:36 PM
Just stopped by the store, no plain quinoa so I guess I'm cooking up the instant garlic stuff and using that. Maybe a couple cloves of garlic mixed in, because too much is not a thing.

Also on the menu: honey apricot walnut waffles.

There's such a thing as instant garlic quinoa?  :eek:

Apparently it comes in a variety of flavors and offerings. : http://www.earthlychoice.com/easy-quinoa.html
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 06:01:54 AM
Just stopped by the store, no plain quinoa so I guess I'm cooking up the instant garlic stuff and using that. Maybe a couple cloves of garlic mixed in, because too much is not a thing.

Apparently it comes in a variety of flavors and offerings. : http://www.earthlychoice.com/easy-quinoa.html

Freakish!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 03:09:50 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 06:01:54 AM

Freakish!

I dunno, I think it would be pretty good, if you threw some quinoa in.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

I just had a terrible waffle idea (waffles rockefeller) which led to an AMAZING waffle idea (po' boy with waffles as the buns).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, I think I have my mission for the day. Time to go find some crackin' fresh hood canal oysters.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Left

Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 09, 2013, 06:02:21 PM
Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on July 09, 2013, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 09, 2013, 09:48:21 AM
I think you should use whiskey instead of water or milk to make the waffle batter. Waffles that get you drunk.
The alcohol would cook off.
...Would suggest creation of an alcoholic syrup blend for the sweet waffles.

I imagine pureeing a fruit jelly with a matching fruit liquor and lots of sugar might work.

No it wouldn't. Waffle irons don't get hot enough for long enough. Alcohol is harder to cook off than people think it is.
Really?
...Alcohol isn't my fave anyway.
...Something I've been meaning to figure out how to make are chocolate rum balls, and those do, in fact, get you drunk.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on July 10, 2013, 08:59:55 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 09, 2013, 06:02:21 PM
Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on July 09, 2013, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 09, 2013, 09:48:21 AM
I think you should use whiskey instead of water or milk to make the waffle batter. Waffles that get you drunk.
The alcohol would cook off.
...Would suggest creation of an alcoholic syrup blend for the sweet waffles.

I imagine pureeing a fruit jelly with a matching fruit liquor and lots of sugar might work.

No it wouldn't. Waffle irons don't get hot enough for long enough. Alcohol is harder to cook off than people think it is.
Really?
...Alcohol isn't my fave anyway.
...Something I've been meaning to figure out how to make are chocolate rum balls, and those do, in fact, get you drunk.

There's a recipe for chocolate salty balls in my cookie thread that'll fuck you up if you have enough ;)

East Coast Hustle

Freeky

Potato chip waffles. Top with your choice of ketchup, mayo, mustard, whatever.

McGrupp

Sure it's been done before, but it occurred to me that waffles + syrup + ice cream + blender = awesome waffle milkshake. Maybe blend separate so that the waffles aren't liquified, just waffle chunks. Garnish with slice of waffle.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.