News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Call the cops, get evicted

Started by Trivial, April 27, 2013, 06:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, I've spent a half hour looking into it, and Somalia is by no means better off than it was under Barre.  It's a living nightmare.  It's just that nobody hears about the horror because they have no means of communicating it, and because nobody gives a shit about them in the first place.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

Funny story, one of the guys I work with claims to be from Somalia. I was eating lunch at the news table, (the one by the tv that always has CNN) and they're talking about gun control. He thinks gun control is silly. The town he's from only had one murder last year, and it was a stabbing. Everybody there has a dozen machine guns, and maybe some light anti-aircraft weapons, and everybody there leaves each other alone because everybody knows everybody else is armed to the teeth. The piracy problem has more or less gone away now, but European boats are the easiest targets because they are sissies and don't carry guns. American boats carry guns, so nobody messes with them.

I thought that was interesting.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on May 01, 2013, 10:09:02 AM
Funny story, one of the guys I work with claims to be from Somalia. I was eating lunch at the news table, (the one by the tv that always has CNN) and they're talking about gun control. He thinks gun control is silly. The town he's from only had one murder last year, and it was a stabbing. Everybody there has a dozen machine guns, and maybe some light anti-aircraft weapons, and everybody there leaves each other alone because everybody knows everybody else is armed to the teeth. The piracy problem has more or less gone away now, but European boats are the easiest targets because they are sissies and don't carry guns. American boats carry guns, so nobody messes with them.

I thought that was interesting.

Oh, wow, my neighborhood only had one murder last year, and it was a stabbing too! So clearly Portland and Somalia are pretty much identical.

:lol:

Sounds like the UN still considers Somalia piracy a problem: http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2012/sc10824.doc.htm

This article seems to have a different view on the crime rate from the guy you work with: http://somalilandpress.com/crime-rate-soars-in-somaliland-37410
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But, you know, you work with a guy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 01, 2013, 05:22:32 PM

I know a guy who's brother's wife's cousin knows a guy.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 01, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

I heard about a guy once.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 01, 2013, 06:23:28 PM

I read that somebody heard about a guy.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: stelz on May 01, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 01, 2013, 06:23:28 PM

I read that somebody heard about a guy.

But did you READ ALL THE GUYS?

Cain

Guys??  GUYS.

I THINK ABOUT GUYS 19 HOURS A DAY

I SIT IN MY BASEMENT AND ROCK BACK AND FORTH, AND FOAM GUYS OUT OF MY MOUTH

GUYS CAN SECRETLY FLY

GUYS SECRETLY RUN EVERYTHING AND OWN EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

MY DOG IS SECRETLY A GUY.  I SHAKE HIM FOR ANSWERS BUT HE WAS TAUGHT TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT.

GUYS CAN TELEPORT

JERRY SEINFELD IS A SPACE ALIEN WHO CAME FROM THE GUY MOTHERSHIP

GUYS OWN AND RUN EVERYTHING BUT THEY ARE NOT SMART, NO SIR, THEY ARE REALLYDUMB

I LIKE TO ACCUSE GUYS OF MANY THINGS AND THEN ACCUSE THEM OF WHINING WHEN THEY RESPOND TO MY ATTACKS

YOU ARE SECRETLY A GUY

EVERYONE IS A GUY

THERE ARE NO GUYS

HELP ME, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD FRIGHTEN ME

HOW COME GUYS WHO KNOW GUYS WHO KNOW GUYS KNOW GUYS?  I SIT IN MY BASEMENT AND FUME ALL DAY LONG AND NEVER SOCIALIZE WHY DO I NOT KNOW ANY GUYS

OHHH MY HEAD HOW IT HURTS

GUYS ARE SECRETLY AFRAID OF FRUIT

WHERE IS MY MEDICATION?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on May 01, 2013, 06:48:11 PM
Guys??  GUYS.

GUYS CAN SECRETLY FLY

MY DOG IS SECRETLY A GUY.  I SHAKE HIM FOR ANSWERS BUT HE WAS TAUGHT TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT.

GUYS CAN TELEPORT

I LIKE TO ACCUSE GUYS OF MANY THINGS AND THEN ACCUSE THEM OF WHINING WHEN THEY RESPOND TO MY ATTACKS

YOU ARE SECRETLY A GUY

EVERYONE IS A GUY

THERE ARE NO GUYS

HOW COME GUYS WHO KNOW GUYS WHO KNOW GUYS KNOW GUYS?  I SIT IN MY BASEMENT AND FUME ALL DAY LONG AND NEVER SOCIALIZE WHY DO I NOT KNOW ANY GUYS

WHERE IS MY MEDICATION?

I'D SAY ALL THE GUYS ARE REPTILIANS BUT THEN THE GUYS WOULD HAVE TO KILL ME
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bruno

See, I told you it was a funny story.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 01, 2013, 06:48:11 PM
Guys??  GUYS.

GUYS CAN SECRETLY FLY

GUYS CAN TELEPORT

YOU ARE SECRETLY A GUY

EVERYONE IS A GUY

THERE ARE NO GUYS

WHERE IS MY MEDICATION?

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Pergamos

Who do you think made the wold what it is?  You think it was God?  You think it was random chance?  NOO It was Guys!

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!