News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Split from Freedom in Houston

Started by von, May 03, 2013, 01:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2013, 10:36:23 PM
It was a concealable, downsized assault rifle.

AKM sbr anyone? If manufactured in this configuration, it's technically a pistol.

And then we have this beautiful little toy from Kel-Tec; the Kel-Tec PLR-16. It's a pistol, but it has a gas-impingment action similar to the AR-15, fires the glorious 5.56x45/.223 remington cartridge of glorious capitalism, and takes STANAG magazines in certain configurations -- for all intents, it to is naught but an SBR, but since it was manufactured as a pistol, the name sticks with it.

Finally, pistol of glorious soviet motherland, the obrez is a "pistol"...that was made from the glorious remains of that hero of stalingrad -- the m91/30 mosin-nagant rifle. It fire glorious 7.62x54r, full powered, capitalist pig killing, rifle cartidges.... :fap:

But, yes, I tend to think that the media would be unaware of these glorious devices, and thus it probably is indeed a case of journalistic stupidity...

Salty

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on May 03, 2013, 01:44:13 AM

AKM sbr anyone? If manufactured in this configuration, it's technically a pistol.

And then we have this beautiful little toy from Kel-Tec; the Kel-Tec PLR-16. It's a pistol, but it has a gas-impingment action similar to the AR-15, fires the glorious 5.56x45/.223 remington cartridge of glorious capitalism, and takes STANAG magazines in certain configurations -- for all intents, it to is naught but an SBR, but since it was manufactured as a pistol, the name sticks with it.

Finally, pistol of glorious soviet motherland, the obrez is a "pistol"...that was made from the glorious remains of that hero of stalingrad -- the m91/30 mosin-nagant rifle. It fire glorious 7.62x54r, full powered, capitalist pig killing, rifle cartidges.... :fap:

But, yes, I tend to think that the media would be unaware of these glorious devices, and thus it probably is indeed a case of journalistic stupidity...

Herp, a Derp, a Derp Derp Derp?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

von

Quote from: Alty on May 03, 2013, 02:11:41 AM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on May 03, 2013, 01:44:13 AM

Herp, a Derp, a Derp Derp Derp?

Well, if we're on that then...

Fuck yourself and may your mother's anus swell with the festering pustules of kaposi's sarcoma due to her aids. And may it be also, that your genitals become mutilated by a lawnmower and it be that all who see you rile insults upon you for your disgustingly mutilated penis and/or vulva :argh!:

Also, fuck you

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thread is now about how much Von Zwinkle wants us to know how much he knows about guns.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 03, 2013, 02:32:50 AM
Thread is now about how much Von Zwinkle wants us to know how much he knows wanks off thinking about guns.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

von

Quote from: The Johnny on May 03, 2013, 02:35:15 AM
Thread is now about how much Von Zwinkle wants us to know how much he knows wanks off thinking about guns.

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

pwoblem?

Anyway, my point was to demostrate that the idea of "concealed rifle" isn't so dumb as it initially appeared...and yes, to fap to guns...

Cain

I didn't say rifles, I said assault rifles.  Which incidentally, none of those fit the description of.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on May 03, 2013, 02:38:23 AM

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

pwoblem?

Anyway, my point was to demostrate that the idea of "concealed rifle" isn't so dumb as it initially appeared...and yes, to fap to guns...

Well, congratulations, you're the center of attention, much like a screaming six-year-old at the grocery store. I don't suppose you mind if everyone else carries on the conversation now, do you?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

von

Quote from: Cain on May 03, 2013, 02:47:12 AM
I didn't say rifles, I said assault rifles.  Which incidentally, none of those fit the description of.

Although the example presented isn't capable of automatic fire, the AKM pistol here could very well be made from an automatic AK variant if someone was willing to do the conversion. Likewise, an M4/M16 could be made as an sbr/"pistol" just like the many AR-15 pistols on the market today, so realistically speaking, the concepts presented in the examples i gave still hold water...

von

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 03, 2013, 02:51:35 AM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on May 03, 2013, 02:38:23 AM

pwoblem?

Well, congratulations, you're the center of attention, much like a screaming six-year-old at the grocery store. I don't suppose you mind if everyone else carries on the conversation now, do you?

Yes, please...carry on then.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Apparently they didn't lock the place down or anything. Seen on fapbook earlier:

QuoteHouston shooting in our Terminal, made our connection by seconds, Pissed, lost our Buzz!!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on May 03, 2013, 02:51:45 AM

Although the example presented isn't capable of automatic fire, the AKM pistol here could very well be made from an automatic AK variant if someone was willing to do the conversion. Likewise, an M4/M16 could be made as an sbr/"pistol" just like the many AR-15 pistols on the market today, so realistically speaking, the concepts presented in the examples i gave still hold water...

So apart from the fact they're not selective fire weapons, do not provision to fire from the shoulder, have lower effective ranges than assault rifles and, in one case, don't have a detachable cartridge, they're just like assault rifles.

By that standard, every firearm from the musket onwards is an assault rifle.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

So four shots, one in the ceiling, one shooting at himself, and one the cop firing a shot. That doesn't sound like he was looking to show off heavy artillery. I can imagine how thrilled everyone was, to be interviewed before they could leave.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

von

Quote from: Cain on May 03, 2013, 03:00:16 AM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on May 03, 2013, 02:51:45 AM

So apart from the fact they're not selective fire weapons, do not provision to fire from the shoulder, have lower effective ranges than assault rifles and, in one case, don't have a detachable cartridge, they're just like assault rifles.

By that standard, every firearm from the musket onwards is an assault rifle.

Oy veh...

full auto SBRs do exist. And like assault rifles, they're good for engagements under 300m, fire intermediate cartidges and are select fire. I can see your point in saying that an SBR isn't an assault rifle, but in all honesty, cutting down an assault rifle/strapping a short barrel on an assault rifle reciever is very possible.

let's get into the harder waters of disentagling firearms nomenclature, though. Is a full auto pistol calibre carbine still a pistol calibre carbine, or an SMG?

Salty

I think you're missing the larger point where you murdered a joke with common pedantry.

Except, that's what you're here for, so I guess, good for you then. Well done. You've shown us all the depths of your cleverness. Thank you.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.