Main Menu

Split from Freedom in Houston

Started by von, May 03, 2013, 01:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2013, 07:41:01 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 05, 2013, 07:38:07 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2013, 07:31:16 AM
Fuck it, I activated his account.  ECH is right.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Jesus, I hope so.  I'm banking that he hasn't got a shred of self-respect, and will start posting again.

My bet on this is that you're right. If I've learned one thing, it's to trust your instinct. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Here's my very public meddling:

Dear fucknuts (I don't remember your username because I'm terrible),

I think you can do better than this. No, not better at offending people, you happen to be in the one place on the planet where friends tear each other new assholes more often than 4chan, and you don't have years of personal ammunition or any amount of emotional investment you can betray them with. You can't be better at being an asshole, but you can be better at not being one. And I think this is a good place for you to practice.

I don't know who you are, but I know some of the things you're talking about. I have so many email addresses with attendant personas that I needed to make another one just to manage them all. I've been around long enough to know that I can never be an oldfag because no one who showed up in 2008 will ever qualify. I've bounced from one community to another and I've spent so much time using fake names irl that if I ever end up in court they'll have to include it as an alias. I went into that world with a weak ego, like you did, and it caused some seriously weird mental shit. I want to unpack it, to sort it out and box it up with a pretty bow and hand it back to the internet so that other people can understand what it's like to play with that kind of identity when your brain's wired a little wrong, so people understand what they're doing before the damage is done, but it's really hard to make the words come. I think you have some of the same stuff going on. I think having a real conversation with you about all those feels would be productive, not just in making one or both of us feel better or have better footing in the world, but for us to be able to help others. I've been wanting to get this into words for a long time, but it's hard to find someone who's been through enough of the same thing to be a useful sounding board. You could be that guy.

Please don't run away just because you took a few steps backwards. You can be better than that, and I can be too.

Or kill me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good luck with that, Gogira. I respect your efforts.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 05, 2013, 04:46:32 PM
Good luck with that, Gogira. I respect your efforts.

Not likely that he'll come back of be persuaded by it, but it is honestly a thing I'd like to figure out with someone eventually. Lose nothing by putting it out there :)

Ben Shapiro

$5 New Mexican he'll spam the forums with just racist words. He'll put two whole apologies first though.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

von

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 07, 2013, 04:43:38 AM
He PM'd me. Wat do now?

Perhaps reply concerning your grand idea of putting things to words about...all that above? Seemed like something interesting...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel