Main Menu

Split from Freedom in Houston

Started by von, May 03, 2013, 01:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 03, 2013, 06:38:24 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 03, 2013, 06:35:10 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 03, 2013, 06:08:21 PM
Anybody want to take bets on the countdown to the repentance post?

14 hours, lots of lurking  with a PM around the 10 hour mark.

That's a good one; you're on! My bet is 10 and a half hours, and the PM will be to Roger.

Your bet is quite lost...the PM was from roger...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: von on May 07, 2013, 07:41:33 AM

That's a good one; you're on! My bet is 10 and a half hours, and the PM will be to Roger.

Well don't YOU feel quite superior!  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

von

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 07, 2013, 07:53:16 AM

Exuberantly so! My innate superiority makes me wish to march like a goose down the main street of my town!

The Johnny

How does it feel to be a racist neo-con?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

von

Quote from: The Johnny on May 07, 2013, 08:32:07 AM

How does it feel to be a racist neo-con?

I don't know if its related, but my right ear itches intensely...so, it feels itchy to my right extremities.

Edit: also, neo-con? Really?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Sorry for not replying to your PM right away, von. As you can see there was a lot of interest in how and whether you'd bounce back. Also, it isn't really a "now what?" kind of conversation, more of a thing where I think throwing both of our experiences out there and see where it takes us, hopefully moving towards something that will be useful not only for our own damaged brainmeats but also those of others.

Before we can do that, however, I think you might want to clear the air a little bit. As someone who's needed therapy on a few occasions for real problems, I'm still pretty put off by your flippant attitude towards mental illness and its treatment, and you went full-on retard at a lot of other folks here.

Sitting in this uncomfortable feeling of acknowledging you did something wrong, having the emotion instead of running away with it, is one of the first steps to stop being a shitforbrains. Mending fences is part of it, too, although no one has an obligation to forgive you. (See also the redemption/forgiveness thread)

The Good Reverend Roger

I was congratulating him on his stellar performance.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

So, unless there have been things going on in PMs that I am not privy to, I have to say I am rather underwhelmed at this return.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on May 07, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
So, unless there have been things going on in PMs that I am not privy to, I have to say I am rather underwhelmed at this return.

Nothing of substance in mine. At least it's not an explosively offensive one?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 07, 2013, 02:46:44 PM

I was congratulating him on his stellar performance.

He did follow the script perfectly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

I demand to know when the PM was sent. I didn't specify who from or too, so I think I may have won this bet.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

von

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 07, 2013, 04:58:00 PM
I demand to know when the PM was sent. I didn't specify who from or too, so I think I may have won this bet.

Yesterday @ 01:17:06 server time...

von

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 07, 2013, 12:41:50 PM
Sorry for not replying to your PM right away, von. As you can see there was a lot of interest in how and whether you'd bounce back. Also, it isn't really a "now what?" kind of conversation, more of a thing where I think throwing both of our experiences out there and see where it takes us, hopefully moving towards something that will be useful not only for our own damaged brainmeats but also those of others.

Before we can do that, however, I think you might want to clear the air a little bit. As someone who's needed therapy on a few occasions for real problems, I'm still pretty put off by your flippant attitude towards mental illness and its treatment, and you went full-on retard at a lot of other folks here.

Sitting in this uncomfortable feeling of acknowledging you did something wrong, having the emotion instead of running away with it, is one of the first steps to stop being a shitforbrains. Mending fences is part of it, too, although no one has an obligation to forgive you. (See also the redemption/forgiveness thread)

Awesome...I'll attempt to desconstruct and reply:

QuoteSorry for not replying to your PM right away, von.
I cannot deride you for slowness, especially since my message consisted of only two words in a vague frame of reference.

QuoteAlso, it isn't really a "now what?" kind of conversation...
You proposed and idea; I was simply asking for clarification of what variety of information is needed, aims of the project so that relevant information can be queried, and any and all other minutiae you think would have been relevant.

QuoteBefore we can do that, however, I think you might want to clear the air a little bit.
I've already validated so many people's bets concerning my next moves, shall I also validate /b/earman and force the lot of you to pay him $5 NM dollars a piece for rendering an apology?
In reality, I'm not particularly remorseful over my actions -- perhaps a bit embarassed at my ineffective reactions, but not remorseful.

QuoteAs someone who's needed therapy on a few occasions for real problems, I'm still pretty put off by your flippant attitude towards mental illness and its treatment...
As someone else who's been treated involuntarily on multiple occasions, I can tell you quite honestly that my flippant attitude towards mental illness is in reality thinly veiled violent antipathy towards psychology and all of its practitioners. Yay for you having your issues resolved by psychology, but I'm not going to validate a methodology that has me still twitching from akathesia due to petty offenses such as cutting my hair unfasionably or smoking marijuana.
Psychology helped you with traumas -- psychology caused some of mine; we will never agree here...
On a side note, never make argument from anecdote -- someone else can always counter with their own.

Quote...and you went full-on retard at a lot of other folks here.
Heh, yes I did -- I am quite embarassed that I was so ineffective. I'll need to be more subtle next time...

QuoteSitting in this uncomfortable feeling of acknowledging you did something wrong...
It is uncomfortable acknowledging that I didn't forsee manual registration validation -- I_think_ur_gay from torpark, china would have been a consummate sockpuppet. I need to lurk moar and see how this community has dealt with attacks in the past, what has been waged against it, and what would blindside it -- so, yes, admitting that I engaged in poor tactical planning is very uncomfortable /joke
In all seriousness, I'm not so much remorseful about my actions as I am to their ineffectiveness as being tools of winning an argument...

QuoteMending fences is part of it...
grand...! If I were seeking a restoration of social capital among this community, I would have waited 3 or so weeks for this whole ordeal to die down, read up on critical theory a bit more in order to socially integrate a bit more, and then registered a sockpuppet with more valid credentials than mr._ur_gay. I would have had tabula rasa overnight and wouldn't have had the terribly difficult experience of playing mr.evilracist asshole like I am now -- it would be far simpler, and I could even have poked fun at mr.vonzwietracht that way...

Quote...although no one has an obligation to forgive you.
Restitution is payed so that one can be reintegrated into a community. In that any tail-tucking I do as social payment may not explicitly be accepted, there appears to be a diminished motivation for me to even hazard making that payment in the first place. Secondly, in that I really have no motive to continue in this community as anything other than a fringe racist troll, I have not motive to seek forgiveness, and therefore no obligation to pay for it either.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: von on May 07, 2013, 10:31:44 PM
Secondly, in that I really have no motive to continue in this community as anything other than a fringe racist troll, I have not motive to seek forgiveness, and therefore no obligation to pay for it either.

Well, there you have it.