News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Po'Bucker Bait.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 07, 2013, 06:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/30/17988462-more-us-babies-die-on-their-first-day-than-in-68-other-countries-report-shows?lite

I talked about this at work today.  I was told that "American women just have too many abortions", which of course has ANYTHING TO DO AT ALL WITH THE ARTICLE.

Lots of fun facts in there.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

ARE YOU TRYING TO BLAME THE JOB CREATORS(TM)? No, it's those NASTY UPPITY WOMEN GETTING VACCUUM JOBS.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 07, 2013, 06:08:51 PM
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/30/17988462-more-us-babies-die-on-their-first-day-than-in-68-other-countries-report-shows?lite

I talked about this at work today. I was told that "American women just have too many abortions", which of course has ANYTHING TO DO AT ALL WITH THE ARTICLE.

Sounds like someone short-circuited and defaulted to MAIN :lulz:

> Input: AMERICA is kind of shitty in a particular respect, related to childbirth
> ERROR
> Input not acceptable: reconfigure data
> All fault can be placed on women.
> Output: "Too many abortions!"

Anyway, pretty fascinating article. Good find.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on May 07, 2013, 07:24:11 PM

I talked about this at work today. I was told that "American women just have too many abortions", which of course has ANYTHING TO DO AT ALL WITH THE ARTICLE.

> Input: AMERICA is kind of shitty in a particular respect, related to childbirth
> ERROR

I said it way back in 2003...Americans won't look because they CAN'T look, and they'll KILL YOU if you try to make them look.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cainad (dec.)

No kidding. The whole facade is a pane of glass. Once you find one crack, you will see more and more cracks threading through the whole thing, and suddenly realize that with just a little pressure the whole thing is reduced to painful fragments.

Better just to not see the cracks.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on May 07, 2013, 07:27:20 PM
No kidding. The whole facade is a pane of glass. Once you find one crack, you will see more and more cracks threading through the whole thing, and suddenly realize that with just a little pressure the whole thing is reduced to painful fragments.

Look at instead as a field of ice that the nation is walking across.  Cracks are forming, but that's UNPLEASANT and BAD TO THINK ABOUT and even UNPATRIOTIC.  If we don't SEE the cracks, we CAN'T fall through.  In fact, given today's political hilarity, if you demonstrate the cracks in the ice, the po'buckers will all JUMP UP AND DOWN to SHOW YOU HIPPIES A THING OR TWO.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 07, 2013, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: Cainad on May 07, 2013, 07:27:20 PM

Look at instead as a field of ice that the nation is walking across.  Cracks are forming, but that's UNPLEASANT and BAD TO THINK ABOUT and even UNPATRIOTIC.  If we don't SEE the cracks, we CAN'T fall through.  In fact, given today's political hilarity, if you demonstrate the cracks in the ice, the po'buckers will all JUMP UP AND DOWN to SHOW YOU HIPPIES A THING OR TWO.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:horrormirth:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 07, 2013, 07:24:55 PM
Quote from: Cainad on May 07, 2013, 07:24:11 PM

> ERROR

I said it way back in 2003...Americans won't look because they CAN'T look, and they'll KILL YOU if you try to make them look.

Yeah, I see that a lot around here. People who can't find jobs "LACK INITIATIVE", etc.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Quote"Poverty, racism and stress are likely to be important contributing factors to first-day deaths in the United States and other industrialized countries."

I'm glad this was at least acknowledged, though I would have liked a further emphasis on it.  I'm sure I've read somewhere that when you look at whites only, the American data is closer to other first world nations, but I cannot remember the exact details.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 07, 2013, 07:38:58 PM
Quote"Poverty, racism and stress are likely to be important contributing factors to first-day deaths in the United States and other industrialized countries."

I'm glad this was at least acknowledged, though I would have liked a further emphasis on it.  I'm sure I've read somewhere that when you look at whites only, the American data is closer to other first world nations, but I cannot remember the exact details.

It would hardly be a surprise.

America has come a long way in racial equality...Things ARE better now than ever before.  But "better" by no means implies "good enough". 

Junkenstein

QuoteBangladesh is one success story – it has has reduced newborn mortality by 49 percent since 1990, the report says. "Increased family incomes, lower fertility rates and higher levels of female education likely account for a significant share of this success," it says. Door-to-door health workers have also helped, it says.

Just worth noting.

How someone got ABORTION BAD from this is beyond me. You are allowed to talk about failings in healthcare(and other) systems. Surely you want them to improve?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 07, 2013, 07:52:25 PM
QuoteBangladesh is one success story – it has has reduced newborn mortality by 49 percent since 1990, the report says. "Increased family incomes, lower fertility rates and higher levels of female education likely account for a significant share of this success," it says. Door-to-door health workers have also helped, it says.

Just worth noting.

How someone got ABORTION BAD from this is beyond me. You are allowed to talk about failings in healthcare(and other) systems. Surely you want them to improve?

You need to come visit.  You'll never believe us otherwise.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Thing is, Junkenstien, many (not most, but enough) Americans are tiny, scared people who don't feel SAFE because minorities and women are no longer legally their doormat/cum-dumpster.  They feel that America would be better off - and that they themselves would be better off - in an all-White, all-English speaking, male-dominated society.

But even if that DID happen, they'd still be the country's losers.  In fact, they'd be worse off, because what little privilege they enjoy would be gone.  They'd still be pig-ignorant po'buckers, at the bottom of the food chain, subject to the whims of those on the top.

But they can't blame themselves for their shortcomings, so it does no good to point out the obvious.  Likewise, they have invested themselves in "MURRICA IS #1", to associate themselves with success...But that success, like their own conceptions of the perfect society, is an illusion.

Junkenstein

Only if you come here first. My people would probably just interpret this as there's 68 dead babies somewhere.

New reply? POSTING ANYWAY
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 07, 2013, 08:05:41 PM
Only if you come here first. My people would probably just interpret this as there's 68 dead babies somewhere.

New reply? POSTING ANYWAY

I've been to England.  It is also insane, but you guys have more class when you run around with your underwear on your head.  Even in Liverpool.