News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

What's wrong with steve jackson?

Started by Chucklemaster, May 07, 2013, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucklemaster

I've noticed multiple instances(ask if you want specific links) of people hating on SJ, as well as on the black cover fourth edition( :aaa:), why is this? the black cover is the Principia I keep in my house, and I never saw anything wrong with it.
blah blah blah the rest of the song

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: zer0n on May 07, 2013, 10:58:14 PM
I've noticed multiple instances(ask if you want specific links) of people hating on SJ, as well as on the black cover fourth edition( :aaa:), why is this? the black cover is the Principia I keep in my house, and I never saw anything wrong with it.

That's because you're a communist, and you kiss terrorists on the beard.  Steve Jackson ate my neighbor's baby.  He can cling to glass surfaces.  He throws kittens off of overpasses.

Oh, and he published Warp War, for which he should be fed into a sausage grinder, feet first.  The bastard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chucklemaster

Okay, but is there anything really wrong with the edition itself? I mean, some(note: SOME, not most) of the stuff in there is actually cool, and even if you don't like that, the rest is just the original, no reduced fat, capital P D, Principia Discordia, right? (also, on an unrelated note, because screw it, my favorite page is 63, I think it really captures the essence of Discordianism, as long as you pay attention the the words in parentheses, what's yours?)

Junkenstein

The edition is a foul and filthy thing.

Cast it out.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

AFK

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the SJ edition per se.  Not all of the additional content is quite up to snuff, but I don't suppose that's a crime.  But SJ himself is an oily bastard.  He also has very thin skin.  He got all bent out of shape when I asked him about the sequel of all original content he references in the SJ edition of PD. 

i think his main interest in Discordia is simply about how he can use the symbols and surface of Discordia to sell product. 

Also his message board sucks.  It's full of sci-fi geeks who wouldn't know funny of it hit them in the face with seltzer water.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Chucklemaster

you know what? I always suspected he was just using the symbols.
gonna keep using the edition, though (not that that was what this was about).  :fnord:

Junkenstein

You sound like a man with hands unscarred from choose your own adventure books.

You know nothing of the pain SJ causes.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 07, 2013, 11:29:49 PM
You sound like a man with hands unscarred from choose your own adventure books.

You know nothing of the pain SJ causes.

And then he "improved" OGRE.

:walken:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chucklemaster

I edited my last post after actually thinking about it  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

AFK

The edition you REALLY want is the sexy hardcover version that Syn put together. 

Chucklemaster

I was curious about that one... where can I get a copy?

AFK

Hmm, I was gonna say Amazon, but looks like neither it nor the paperback versions are available. 

Chucklemaster

Quote from: Six Feet of Sole on May 08, 2013, 03:36:24 AM
Hmm, I was gonna say Amazon, but looks like neither it nor the paperback versions are available.

:horrormirth:

El Sjaako

What I gathered from that is that Syn got ripped off by the publisher and it's not available right now.

Chucklemaster

Quote from: el sjaako on May 09, 2013, 10:48:15 AM
What I gathered from that is that Syn got ripped off by the publisher and it's not available right now.

:horrormirth: :horrormirth:
MY PARTY IS RUINED