News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

CREEPING PINKDOM

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 09, 2013, 07:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://www.today.com/moms/pinterest-stress-afflicts-nearly-half-moms-survey-says-1C9850275

You know, there's so much low-grade horror in there, I honestly don't know where to begin.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteWhile Glennon Doyle Melton's family photo looks idyllic, in reality, she said, she felt really sick that day, cried in the car on the way to the park, and had to bribe the kids to sit and smile for the picture.

I mean, examine that for a moment.  Misery...for the sake of looking good on a website.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2013, 07:05:26 PM
http://www.today.com/moms/pinterest-stress-afflicts-nearly-half-moms-survey-says-1C9850275

You know, there's so much low-grade horror in there, I honestly don't know where to begin.

:lulz:

I have a Pinterest account with like 400 followers. I never check it or update it. I don't understand Pinterest at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 09, 2013, 07:13:55 PM

I have a Pinterest account with like 400 followers. I never check it or update it. I don't understand Pinterest at all.

It's another set of unattainable goals for people who feel guilty for not being perfect.

It's a treadmill, and behind that treadmill is a nervous breakdown waiting for you to stumble.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

If you aren't perfect and showing off how perfect you are, how are you going to inspire shame others into being perfect too? But then what if someone is MORE perfect than you? And you can't catch up!? That means YOU'RE the loser. OMG NO, NO NO!!

Life is just so hard.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Pinterest was useful for coming up with good cookie ideas, I'll give it that much.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My psycho ex-housemate is totally that kind of person. She used to do things that look good in pictures, like washing dishes with my kids (managing to break a whole bunch of my nicest, most expensive kitchenwares), baking with them (until they started telling her that they didn't want any cookies in order to get out of it), walking my dogs with them (until my pit bull pulled the leash out of her hand and tried to play with a terrified dachshund, inspiring the dachshund's owner to scream epithets at her and threaten her with a lawsuit), and taking them to the park (until they started avoiding her because they didn't want to go to the park).

Then she accused me of being a shitty mom because I didn't want to do any of that stuff.  :lulz:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2013, 07:15:28 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 09, 2013, 07:13:55 PM

It's another set of unattainable goals for people who feel guilty for not being perfect.

It's a treadmill, and behind that treadmill is a nervous breakdown waiting for you to stumble.

This makes me want to start putting up pictures. Nigel-style. :lol:

Junkenstein

QuoteShe's still a fan of the site, but she's learned not to let herself think that the artfully curated photos represent anyone's reality. "Pinterest is largely a site of unrealized dreams."

Andersen said she's heard other moms say self-deprecating things like, "It was just a little party, nothing I'd put on Pinterest" -- as if simply throwing an enjoyable kids' party isn't enough anymore.

Concern about being judged on the internet. If somewhere you choose to interact with is actively making you feel like shit why go there?

That's got to be the mark of a fool. It's a fucking social website, not the only job in town.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I wasn't even aware that Pininterest was like that. I think I have a few band pics and one or two other things in mine. Haven't been there enough to even NOTICE the baked goods. It does seem like a "women's" site though. I never get any notifications on my facebook page that guys pinned anything. That imbalance is probably why I don't bother...who needs an online version of "The View", Redbook or Lifetime?  :x :x :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Here is the thing about being a "perfect mom". Your house can be spotless and your cookie jar full and your craft room impeccably organized, you can make Martha Stewart dinners every night, take your kids to the zoo on Saturdays, etc etc etc, and it isn't going to make your kids happy or well-adjusted or even make them LIKE you.

What will is hanging out with your kids doing stuff THEY want to do, and talking to them about stuff that genuinely interests you. Don't fucking humor them if they're yammering on about a video game or TV show you have no interest in. They can tell. They can detect your boredom right through your facade of pretending-to-give-a-shit. So tell them you aren't interested in it because you don't play it or know anything about it, and see if you can find a subject that both of you are interested in.

That's it. The whole magic.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and have a fucking life and your own interests. People who devote EVERY IOTA OF THEIR PERSONAL BEINGS to their children are boring as fuck, and that translates to their own children ultimately being bored by  them. If other people don't find you interesting, your kids won't either, so as soon as they're old enough to start wanting to spend time with interesting people, they won't want to spend time with you.

Gosh, it's almost like they're people!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Nigel, you are the best and all of your mom-ing is the best and anyone who says otherwise is obviously insane.

Anna Mae Bollocks

But not devoting EVERY IOTA OF YOUR PERSONAL BEING to making PRETTIER SHIT FOR THE SCHOOL CHRISTMAS PARTY THAN THE OTHER MOMS DID isn't PARENTING!!!!!

Fuck 'em. I made peanut butter brownies and sent 'em in cheap tupperware and every one of those ugly mofos got eaten. They picked the CRUMBS out.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division