News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

CREEPING PINKDOM

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 09, 2013, 07:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 09, 2013, 07:29:48 PM
Nigel, you are the best and all of your mom-ing is the best and anyone who says otherwise is obviously insane.

Awww!  :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on May 09, 2013, 07:38:55 PM
But not devoting EVERY IOTA OF YOUR PERSONAL BEING to making PRETTIER SHIT FOR THE SCHOOL CHRISTMAS PARTY THAN THE OTHER MOMS DID isn't PARENTING!!!!!

Fuck 'em. I made peanut butter brownies and sent 'em in cheap tupperware and every one of those ugly mofos got eaten. They picked the CRUMBS out.

:lulz:

That's how to do it. Some people value style over substance.

Kids aren't dumb. They go for the substance, every time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Social internet is an abomination.  If anything, it makes me long for the time when the Deep Ones decide to reclaim California, because then Silicon Valley twerps will be sacrified to the Great God Dagon, rather than inflicting pointless status signalling and vanity publishing under the guise of "microblogging" and "picture sharing" on the internet at large.

We need to go back to the good old days of the antisocial internet.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2013, 07:09:43 PM
QuoteWhile Glennon Doyle Melton's family photo looks idyllic, in reality, she said, she felt really sick that day, cried in the car on the way to the park, and had to bribe the kids to sit and smile for the picture.

I mean, examine that for a moment.  Misery...for the sake of looking good on a website.

That this has anything to do with the internet is incidental. It's just another expression of Americans placing unsustainable amounts of energy into our egos and image more than actually grappling with the realities that we're working longer hours for less pay, that our cheap goods are cheap because of cruelty, and that being a human goddamn being means that our emotions ought to include a wide range of feelings, even disturbing and uncomfortable ones.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Chucklemaster

this is genuinely creepy shit.  :aaa: :eek:
The human psyche is a scary place.
blah blah blah the rest of the song

Cainad (dec.)

Yikes. Society of the Spectacle, much?