News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Someone linked Netjester to Cleverbot

Started by Dalek, May 17, 2013, 09:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Don't worry about me. I'm a chaos magician. I'll be fine. The Universe is looking after me

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, why have a relationship when you can just light up the same portion of your brain with drugs?

Sure, you more or less become like a chimpanzee strapped to a gurney, but isn't that a small price to pay?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 17, 2013, 10:20:20 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 17, 2013, 10:19:22 PM
Surprise.

I'm shocked.  Why wouldn't a young lady be head over heels for such a fine young go-getter?

She probably was, until he ran out of meth and she found someone with a steadier supply.

But you know, his mother was an unreasonable idiot for thinking the girl was a bad idea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dalek on May 17, 2013, 10:23:05 PM
Don't worry about me. I'm a chaos magician. I'll be fine. The Universe is looking after me

Yes, you'll be just fine.  No worries.  Just have another hit, you little junkie, and everything will be sunshine.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dalek

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 17, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
Surprise.

I'm shocked.  Why wouldn't a young lady be head over heels for such a fine young go-getter?

She probably was, until he ran out of meth and she found someone with a steadier supply.

But you know, his mother was an unreasonable idiot for thinking the girl was a bad idea.

Hey, I'm 18 - I'm entitled not to listen to my parents

The Good Reverend Roger

Surprise.

Doesn't sound like he ran out.  I mean, he's got a gram in his pocket.

The odds of being able to continuously have that gram, of course, are somewhere between "zero" and "glory hole".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dalek on May 17, 2013, 10:25:30 PM
Surprise.

Yeah, they can't tell you what to do.  And they're OLD, so they're stupid.  They do not understand the sheer opulence of the junkie lifestyle.

The Good Reverend Roger

Don't worry about me.

Missed this bit.

I'm not, Dalek.  Worrying about junkies is kinda dumb.

Dalek

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dalek on May 17, 2013, 10:40:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 17, 2013, 10:33:13 PM
Don't worry about me.

Missed this bit.

Soooo edgy

No, just common sense.  Junkies are doomed.  Nothing at all can save them (you).  Worrying about them is wasted effort and wasted emotion, because for all intents and purposes, they're already dead.  What's walking around (for the moment) isn't them, it's their habit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dalek on May 17, 2013, 10:25:30 PM
Surprise.

:lulz: Yeah, if you're paying your own rent.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Don't worry about me.

Missed this bit.

Soooo edgy

Why is it edgy to not worry about people who don't really matter? :? I mean, I'm sure you matter to someone, but why would you matter to Roger?

Left

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 17, 2013, 11:16:34 PM
Don't worry about me.

Missed this bit.

Soooo edgy

Why is it edgy to not worry about people who don't really matter? :? I mean, I'm sure you matter to someone, but why would you matter to Roger?

...I don't like to define anyone as not mattering.

Addiction's an interesting and dramatic way to grow yourself...it insures you put yourself in a place where, sooner or later you kind of hit a wall.  You either have to become a new person at that point or you start actively dying.

...Of all the drugs I've ever done, none of them were as fun the second time.

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: hylierandom on May 19, 2013, 07:53:15 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 17, 2013, 11:16:34 PM
Don't worry about me.

Missed this bit.

Soooo edgy

...I don't like to define anyone as not mattering.

Addiction's an interesting and dramatic way to grow yourself...it insures you put yourself in a place where, sooner or later you kind of hit a wall.  You either have to become a new person at that point or you start actively dying.

...Of all the drugs I've ever done, none of them were as fun the second time.

I didn't say you don't matter. I said you don't matter to Roger. Why would you? I mean, for all I know, maybe you do, that's his call.

The rest of your post makes no sense.

The Good Reverend Roger

I care about all humanity.

It's just, you know, the people that I can't fucking stand.  If it weren't for them, humanity would be fucking PERFECT.