News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Keeping Your Head, and Having the Right Priorities Amid Disaster

Started by Doktor Howl, May 21, 2013, 03:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

morbid curiosity sells, people stopping to see a car crash with mangled bodies and all that
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Left

Quote from: The Johnny on May 21, 2013, 08:28:49 PM
people stopping to see a car crash with mangled bodies and all that
I really hate that whole slowing down to look at wrecks crap....Come ON people, it's not like you haven't seen mangled cars before.
...If you need to stop and help, that's entirely different-I've got advanced first-aid training now, and I DO stop to make sure everyone's sucking oxygen.
But once the paramedics arrive I'm just cluttering shit up, and ought to get out of the way.

...When a tornado hit my neighborhood, I wasn't home.  I pulled up 5 minutes after, everyone was alive, they were looking at where the neighbor's trailer had been. ( Fortunately, he'd been at the bar, getting drunk)

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."