News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Company that couldn't get their shit together for the Olympics has been given...

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, May 24, 2013, 08:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

A first contact centre for rape and sexual assault victims.

a FOR PROFIT company. With no experience in the field.

http://stavvers.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/g4s-running-rape-support-fuck-that-shit/

Stavvers is balls to the wall angry feminist, but it's the best "uuuh... NO" I've found so far.

I'm all bent out of shape with the thought that a company is profiting from those who have suffered sexual assault.

Freeky

Doktor Howl

If I thought they'd be able to do the job, I'd be okay with it.  Whatever works.

But the company has NO HISTORY OR EXPERIENCE with this sort of thing.  And they're proven failures.
Molon Lube

Cain

GS4's security arm, as employed by the Home Office for the purpose of expelling illegal immigrants, also has a bad reputation in the business for racism.  Oh, and people dying in their care.  That too.

I can just imagine the number of men with histories of sexual violence they'd probably put on the payroll at a contact centre.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on May 24, 2013, 08:57:54 PM
GS4's security arm, as employed by the Home Office for the purpose of expelling illegal immigrants, also has a bad reputation in the business for racism.  Oh, and people dying in their care.  That too.

I can just imagine the number of men with histories of sexual violence they'd probably put on the payroll at a contact centre.

There are perfectly good non-profit orgs that have the ethos and the expertise and the experience for this shit. Run by people who give a fuck about survivors.

Fuck if there are any jobs for feminist organisations, this shit is one of those areas. Same goes for refuges too.

Left

There are perfectly good non-profit orgs that have the ethos and the expertise and the experience for this shit. Run by people who give a fuck about survivors.

Fuck if there are any jobs for feminist organisations, this shit is one of those areas. Same goes for refuges too.
[/quote]

Exactly.
Do you see what I see here?
It's as if they are saying:
"Oh, rape isn't a real, important crime,so we'll let these poorly-trained people deal with it, because it's not like your assault really matters, not like a burglary or something."
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I don't see this going well. But hey, maybe they pull it together and really do a good thing here. It's possible, right?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on May 25, 2013, 02:18:33 AM

Exactly.
Do you see what I see here?
It's as if they are saying:
"Oh, rape isn't a real, important crime,so we'll let these poorly-trained people deal with it, because it's not like your assault really matters, not like a burglary or something."
[/quote]

These centres are usually run by the NHS, unfortunately the "public/private patnership" (I.e privatisation by the back door) being run by the Con Dem govt over here is going to lead to more of this shit.

but that is one of the messages being made here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If, as a society, we had our priorities straight, the only people who would be entrusted with such a sensitive issue would be people with at least an undergraduate degree in psychology AND a certificate (which doesn't exist) in sexual assault response. And they would be paid as well as anyone with an undergraduate degree can be expected to be paid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Left

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 25, 2013, 03:21:35 AM
If, as a society, we had our priorities straight, the only people who would be entrusted with such a sensitive issue would be people with at least an undergraduate degree in psychology AND a certificate (which doesn't exist) in sexual assault response.

Right.
Currently, volunteers are trained to do sexual assault advocacy in the States.

Quote from: Pixie on May 25, 2013, 02:58:05 AM

These centres are usually run by the NHS, unfortunately the "public/private patnership" (I.e privatisation by the back door) being run by the Con Dem govt over here is going to lead to more of this shit.

...I'm underwhelmed by the performance of the NHS on mental-health issues.
I have friends who get to deal with NHS psych serivces. 
I'm told by one of them the NHS is being deliberately allowed to fester.   
Privatization is being offered as an alternative to the NHS, instead of trying to fix what's wrong with it.
:mad:

Meanwhile, our for-profit system here is delivering so much less for so much more... :x

Anyway...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-369262/Women-blame-raped.html
QuoteA third of Britons believe a woman who acts flirtatiously is partially or completely to blame for being raped, according to a new study.
More than a quarter also believe a woman is at least partly responsible for being raped if she wears sexy or revealing clothing, or is drunk, the study found.

Prosecutions for both rape and sexual abuse do seem to be rising-generally that means that violators are actually getting prosecuted.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/13/rape-investigations-belief-false-accusations

QuoteThe study released on Wednesday by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) reveals that during the 17-month test period – when all false allegation cases were referred to the DPP – there were 5,651 prosecutions for rape and 111,891 for domestic violence in England and Wales.

By comparison, over the same timespan, there were only 35 prosecutions for making false allegations of rape, six for false allegations of domestic violence and three that involved false allegations of both rape and domestic violence.

@ Pixie:  Do you think there is more of an increase-of-awareness regarding adult-on-adult sexual assault after the Jimmy Savile scandal?
...Just asking.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes. Going to the police is worthless, here. If you're fortunate, the best case scenario going in the US is "call your brother, have him and some friends go break your assailant's legs".

Left

Doktor Howl

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on May 25, 2013, 03:47:28 AM

I'm told by one of them the NHS is being deliberately allowed to fester.   
Privatization is being offered as an alternative to the NHS, instead of trying to fix what's wrong with it.
:mad:

This has been the core strategy of the privatization assholes since Reagan and Thatcher were phone sexing each other in the 80s.

De-fund it until it breaks, then claim it never worked.
Molon Lube