News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

EDIT: I DON'T KNOW CHILI FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND.

Started by Freeky, May 31, 2013, 03:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

I don't think my mom even knows what constitutes GOOD food.  There's a jug of milk in her fridge, or there was yesterday, that had green patches on the inside.  It's weird because her house is otherwise sterile and lacking personality in it's cleanliness, even the rest of the fridge.

:vom:

trippinprincezz13

I've seen a few recipes - I think even the one I use as a base when I make chili - that say to put corn meal in it. I've always wondered - WHY??? - and just skipped over it. My chili's probably still an abomination in the culinary world for one reason or another, though I've never had any complaints, but never saw the need for any sort of flour or corn meal.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 16, 2013, 08:57:19 PM
My mom used to fry steak in olive oil.

No joke.

And that seems sad and confusing :(
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Ben Shapiro

If my mom wasn't a proud old school Mexican, and learned to read,speak English, and use a computer she'd vomit all over this thread.

What kind of chili are you making?
Mexican?
Tex-Mex?
New Mexican?
Red?
Brown?
Green?

Give me NAMES of this place that serves pineapple chili! I will burn them down like in WACO!

Freeky

Thread title will be changed to reflect my relationship with chili in general in a few seconds.  Please hold while we connect you.

Salty

Now I want to create Hole in the Ground Chili.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: /b/earman on June 18, 2013, 12:02:51 AM
If my mom wasn't a proud old school Mexican, and learned to read,speak English, and use a computer she'd vomit all over this thread.

Mexican?
Tex-Mex?
New Mexican?
Red?
Brown?
Green?

Give me NAMES of this place that serves pineapple chili! I will burn them down like in WACO!

Mercifully, I don't remember the name of the place. It's been 13 or 14 years since the last time I ended up there. It's in El Paso. Like I said, it's a Chinese/Tex-Mex buffet. I hope to christ there's not more than one of those.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sita

Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 18, 2013, 11:09:19 AM

Mexican?
Tex-Mex?
New Mexican?
Red?
Brown?
Green?

Mercifully, I don't remember the name of the place. It's been 13 or 14 years since the last time I ended up there. It's in El Paso. Like I said, it's a Chinese/Tex-Mex buffet. I hope to christ there's not more than one of those.
Google informs me that there is indeed more than one of those in existence across the states.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on June 18, 2013, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 18, 2013, 11:09:19 AM

Mexican?
Tex-Mex?
New Mexican?
Red?
Brown?
Green?

Google informs me that there is indeed more than one of those in existence across the states.

NOOOOOOO

THAT IS NOT OK!  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Also Freeky, I hope you meant "simmer" when you wrote "boil".

I suspect boiling would be too aggressive of a heat level for the meat and veggies to handle.

Freeky

Unfortunately, I don't know.  I didn't get a chance to eat it.  It isn't that it was a big hit; it wasn't.  It got left out for a full day without being heated, so I don't think it's good anymore.