News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Chasing the Black Dragon, a tale.

Started by EK WAFFLR, June 02, 2013, 11:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Part one: Cup of Brown Joy.

Chapter one: You say "Herbal", I say "No Thanks".
[/size]

"Herbal?! You gave me herbal?" Arthur spit out his tea, and gave his valet the evil eye. "What is the meaning of this, Carruthers? Are you trying to kill me?"
Carruthers cleared his throat, giving the impression that he thought very little of Arthur's hissy fit indeed. "Yes, sir. I'm afraid we are all out of your regular tea." "By Jove, Carruthers, out of tea? But why didn't you just stroll over to the shop?" Arthur said, eyeballing his manservant with malice aforethought.
"I did to the shop, sir. They were sold out. The manager said hat they hadn't received any tea for weeks. When I returned, I called a colleague of mine to borrow some tea, a task I found most embarrassing, sir. However, the story was the same there. It seems that there's no proper tea to be had in the entire area of Greater London. My apologies, sir."
Arthur fell silent for a bit. He brooded with a passion. This was a crisis! A disaster of epic proportions! Arthur needed, no, craved his tea. He would sell his own grandmother for a cup. Well, he'd sell your grandmother. He let out a deep sigh, deflating like an old zeppelin.
"This is dire news, Carruthers. I need my tea. And herbal just won't do. No right-thinking man drinks herbal. Say, you haven't happened to read anything about it in the papers, or heard something on the radio?"
"I'm afraid not, sir. I find it very mysterious, to be honest." The manservant looked nonplussed, or at least not as plussed as usual. This troubled Arthur. Carruthers were his intellectual superior in almost every aspect, and he secretly wondered if God had the intention of turning his life into a Wodehouse novel. He hoped not.
Arthur brooded a bit more. Then, he got a determined look on his face, stood up and walked towards the front door.
"I must investigate, Carruthers. This tealessness can't continue. I shall comb every tea shop in London! "
"Very well, sir. If sir doesn't mind, I will telephone my colleagues to see if I can find out some more," Carruthers said.
"Very good, Carruthers, get right on that!"

Arthur hated using public transport, but he didn't dare drive his care in his current state. Besides, driving in London was a hassle at the best of times. As the metro noisily took him to Oxford Street, he daydreamed about doing 90mph down it in his '37 Cord 812.
The metro stopped, and he got off, almost running to the nearest tea shop. As he entered it, he noticed a distinct lack of items on the shelves. There were plenty accessories and postcards, but very little tea. Arthur asked the proprietor about this.
"I'm afraid I don't have any answers. I haven't been able to find fresh tea for weeks. The only teas I have left are herbals."
Arthur shuddered. "But, why has this happened? And why haven't the news reported on it?"
"It's baffling, isn't it? But I know as little as you, I'm afraid."
Arthur thanked the proprietor and left.

He spent the rest of the day visiting all the stores he could find, all had the same story to report, and nobody knew why. Defeated, Arthur went home. The valet had no news, as his manservant colleagues knew nothing either.

That night, Arthur wept himself to sleep, and dreamt of horrible things.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hm, an intriguing start! No tea in London?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Freeky

This seems like it will be a silly story.  I like it so far!

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I can hear my British buddies wailing in anguish at the very thought. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Golden Applesauce

Excited !

Do I need to go read some Wodehouse novels?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 03, 2013, 01:20:52 AM
I can hear my British buddies wailing in anguish at the very thought. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Haha, mine, too!

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 03, 2013, 02:45:32 AM
Excited !

I think you should, but that's only because I'm a huge fan.  :D

Quote from: stelz on June 03, 2013, 05:18:31 AM
No tea? Bloody hell!

There's herbal, though. Eww.  :lulz:

Hopefully I'll have another chapter up today.

[/b]

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on June 03, 2013, 11:47:54 AM

Haha, mine, too!

Excited !

No tea? Bloody hell!

If we want to get super technical, there isn't, in fact, any tea. Herbal 'teas' are actually tisanes. The only proper 'tea' is the stuff that actually contains actual tea leaves.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Golden Applesauce

Aren't tea leaves a kind of herb, though?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 03, 2013, 08:36:52 PM
Aren't tea leaves a kind of herb, though?

Yes. They are the leaf (herb) of the tea bush, Camellia Sinensis. "Herbal tea" is a misnomer. What CPD said is accurate, which is that other infusions are, properly, not teas, but tisanes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 03, 2013, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on June 03, 2013, 11:47:54 AM

Haha, mine, too!

Excited !

No tea? Bloody hell!

If we want to get super technical, there isn't, in fact, any tea. Herbal 'teas' are actually tisanes. The only proper 'tea' is the stuff that actually contains actual tea leaves.

By Jove! He's a man of distinction!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

EK WAFFLR

CPD and Nigel, thanks! I'm going to use the shit out of those facts!  :lulz:

[/b]