News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Shameless Slander, #7: Queen Gogira

Started by Doktor Howl, May 11, 2015, 04:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Everything is great in this best of all possible worlds.  The blue bird is singing as he sits on the birdfeeder.  The sun is out, the neighbors all wave and say "hello", before they get into their identical Priuses.  The temperature is perfect.  It's awesome.

And then at some point, QG runs out of color film, and we learn what Paul Simon tried to tell us..."Everything is worse in Black & White."

The joy sort of leaks out of everything, things begin to look like the gilded age (noticed that, have you?), or maybe even something worse  One neighbor calls another in to child protective services...Not because the mom did anything wrong with the kid, but because the mom stole her parking space.  Two cops roar up and shoot the Black guy who lives upstairs, while he's on his way to buy some smokes.  Lawyers jam writs under your door telling you your rent control has been abolished.  Donald Trump runs for president again.  All of this in monochrome.  Bad people can hide their deeds in monochrome far easier.

The cabbies intentionally back over house pets.  The meter maids have lighting flashes on their collars.  Wait?  Really?  Yes, really.  The police have swastika arm bands and carry Schmiessers.  The boy scouts goose step down the road.  Workers unfurl a picture of Dear Leader, and you don't recognize him. 

The food riots are in gray scale.  So is the blood.  The blood everywhere, looking almost black in the primitive film she has loaded.

The teabaggers assassinated the president and his cabinet.  Nobody's sure who's in charge.  The military steps in with their grey tanks, to restore order.  A dozen states secede.  There's open fighting in the street.  A small child's doll, soaked in gray (blood?) washes past you in the stream flowing from the broken water main.  The fires burn unchecked,

"Need another roll of film?" her husband asks.

"No, no this is doing nicely, she says, watching through her camera as Newspapermen are rounded up and sent to the waiting trains.

Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 11, 2015, 04:52:51 PM
That got dark in a hurry!

Well, something went wrong to my golden age.  This is as good an explanation as any other, except the one you typically use.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Everything stinks of molasses. The harbor seals are yelling in broken English from the docks. Nixes Mate suddenly and violently completes its journey to the seafloor, kicking up a stinking tsunami full of forgotten corpses and moon jellies. Soft white petals from the fish trees float on the streets, adding their odor to the noxious bouquet.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2015, 04:23:08 PM
Everything is great in this best of all possible worlds.  The blue bird is singing as he sits on the birdfeeder.  The sun is out, the neighbors all wave and say "hello", before they get into their identical Priuses.  The temperature is perfect.  It's awesome.

And then at some point, QG runs out of color film, and we learn what Paul Simon tried to tell us..."Everything is worse in Black & White."

The joy sort of leaks out of everything, things begin to look like the gilded age (noticed that, have you?), or maybe even something worse  One neighbor calls another in to child protective services...Not because the mom did anything wrong with the kid, but because the mom stole her parking space.  Two cops roar up and shoot the Black guy who lives upstairs, while he's on his way to buy some smokes.  Lawyers jam writs under your door telling you your rent control has been abolished.  Donald Trump runs for president again.  All of this in monochrome.  Bad people can hide their deeds in monochrome far easier.

The cabbies intentionally back over house pets.  The meter maids have lighting flashes on their collars.  Wait?  Really?  Yes, really.  The police have swastika arm bands and carry Schmiessers.  The boy scouts goose step down the road.  Workers unfurl a picture of Dear Leader, and you don't recognize him. 

The food riots are in gray scale.  So is the blood.  The blood everywhere, looking almost black in the primitive film she has loaded.

The teabaggers assassinated the president and his cabinet.  Nobody's sure who's in charge.  The military steps in with their grey tanks, to restore order.  A dozen states secede.  There's open fighting in the street.  A small child's doll, soaked in gray (blood?) washes past you in the stream flowing from the broken water main.  The fires burn unchecked,

"Need another roll of film?" her husband asks.

"No, no this is doing nicely, she says, watching through her camera as Newspapermen are rounded up and sent to the waiting trains.

Prophecy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 17, 2017, 04:44:49 PM
Horrible, horrible prophecy :(

The truly
accurate
prophecy
tends to be,
sadly.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, I don't remember any positive prophecies except the land of milk and honey thing, and that wasn't very positive for the Canaanites.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 18, 2017, 02:41:52 AM
Yeah, I don't remember any positive prophecies except the land of milk and honey thing, and that wasn't very positive for the Canaanites.

Exactly. Even the direct messianic prophecies were usually about how bad it was going to suck for "the chosen one" where it wasn't about glory-prop and conquest.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl