News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Oh, Oregon!

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 04, 2013, 03:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

http://www.kdrv.com/taser-used-on-naked-i-5-wanderer/

QuoteASHLAND, Ore. – State police confirm the young girl found wandering naked and confused along I-5 early Sunday morning was apprehended with a Taser.
Officials say that woman is a juvenile. She was found just after 4:00 a.m. between mileposts 18 and 19, apparently unresponsive and unaware of her surroundings, and it was Adam Bednar who found her.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Telarus

In other news, THE BEEEEESSSS!!!!!!

http://www.koin.com/2013/06/19/25000-dead-bees-found-in-wilsonville/
QuoteWILSONVILLE, Ore. (KOIN) — Experts are investigating why 25,000 bees were found dead or dying in a parking lot at a Target store in Wilsonville. The strange sight first caught shoppers' eyes a few days ago. It's still there Wednesday, clustered under blooming European Linden trees.

"I've never seen an incident on this scale," said Pollinator Conservation Program Director Mace Vaughan. Experts believe this could be a poisonous species of the tree that caused them to die, or they may have been poisoned by insecticides.

Conservationists Vaughan and Rich Hatfield were in Wilsonville Wednesday, filling test tubes with samples to take back to a lab. There they'll try to confirm either theory for the bees sudden deaths.

"When I was here Monday it was even more dramatic than it is today," Hatfield told KOIN 6 News. "There were bees raining out of trees."

Vaughan said European Linden trees are often treated with insecticides because of the aphids that "rain down" nectar from the trees.

But there's also a chance it's not insecticide at all. Vaughan took pollen samples and will test the buds and flowers from the trees.

"We can't say for sure that it is something that they put on the tree," Hatfield said, "because these trees are European Linden trees, which have been known to be toxic to bees."

They said they hope to have an answer within a couple of days.

"It brings it home," Hatfield said, "that we've got a lot of work to do to learn how to not harm these insects that are critical to our food supply."

Bees are critical agriculture. If there really are 25,000 to 30,000 dead bees, which is how it appears, that would be hundreds of bumblebee colonies that are now dead.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 15, 2013, 09:53:23 PM
Quote from: Delcon on June 15, 2013, 02:48:52 AM
I don't understand this place. Since when is acting weird considered cool? They're too fucking high to realize they're RETARDED WEIRDOS. Best thing is we are all laughing at them, except for the part where this kind of "outlandishness" is slowly turning our country into a bunch of pussies. OUTLANDISH PUSSIES

I don't know you from Adam, but if your avatar is an indication that you actually LIVE in Saco (or, god forbid, Biddo) then I don't really think you should be talking down to anyone for being from a particular city. :lulz:

:lol: My ex is from Sacramento and he called it "Sac-toe" which I always thought sounded far too grotesquely evocative of sweaty, smelly body parts. I finally said something about it and he just looked at me and said "yeah? Well, that's what it is."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 21, 2013, 04:11:24 AM

QuoteASHLAND, Ore. – State police confirm the young girl found wandering naked and confused along I-5 early Sunday morning was apprehended with a Taser.
Officials say that woman is a juvenile. She was found just after 4:00 a.m. between mileposts 18 and 19, apparently unresponsive and unaware of her surroundings, and it was Adam Bednar who found her.

In classic Oregon police style. "OH HEY, WE GOT A NEKKID UNARMED DAZED YOUNG GIRL, BETTER TAZE HER!"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on June 21, 2013, 08:52:16 PM
In other news, THE BEEEEESSSS!!!!!!

http://www.koin.com/2013/06/19/25000-dead-bees-found-in-wilsonville/
QuoteWILSONVILLE, Ore. (KOIN) — Experts are investigating why 25,000 bees were found dead or dying in a parking lot at a Target store in Wilsonville. The strange sight first caught shoppers' eyes a few days ago. It's still there Wednesday, clustered under blooming European Linden trees.

"I've never seen an incident on this scale," said Pollinator Conservation Program Director Mace Vaughan. Experts believe this could be a poisonous species of the tree that caused them to die, or they may have been poisoned by insecticides.

Conservationists Vaughan and Rich Hatfield were in Wilsonville Wednesday, filling test tubes with samples to take back to a lab. There they'll try to confirm either theory for the bees sudden deaths.

"When I was here Monday it was even more dramatic than it is today," Hatfield told KOIN 6 News. "There were bees raining out of trees."

Vaughan said European Linden trees are often treated with insecticides because of the aphids that "rain down" nectar from the trees.

But there's also a chance it's not insecticide at all. Vaughan took pollen samples and will test the buds and flowers from the trees.

"We can't say for sure that it is something that they put on the tree," Hatfield said, "because these trees are European Linden trees, which have been known to be toxic to bees."

They said they hope to have an answer within a couple of days.

"It brings it home," Hatfield said, "that we've got a lot of work to do to learn how to not harm these insects that are critical to our food supply."

Bees are critical agriculture. If there really are 25,000 to 30,000 dead bees, which is how it appears, that would be hundreds of bumblebee colonies that are now dead.

Shit, that's a new one on me. I had no idea that lindens could be toxic to bees, and I've never heard of anything like this before, anywhere.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I did a little research and the nectar is toxic for honeybees when they consume it in great quantities due to a shortage of other blossoms in the area. So, the acute poisoning of bumblebees (there were other insects as well, like ladybugs) sounds far more likely to be a pesticide issue. Which is alarming, as well.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 22, 2013, 06:01:05 PM
I don't understand this place. Since when is acting weird considered cool? They're too fucking high to realize they're RETARDED WEIRDOS. Best thing is we are all laughing at them, except for the part where this kind of "outlandishness" is slowly turning our country into a bunch of pussies. OUTLANDISH PUSSIES

I don't know you from Adam, but if your avatar is an indication that you actually LIVE in Saco (or, god forbid, Biddo) then I don't really think you should be talking down to anyone for being from a particular city. :lulz:

:lol: My ex is from Sacramento and he called it "Sac-toe" which I always thought sounded far too grotesquely evocative of sweaty, smelly body parts. I finally said something about it and he just looked at me and said "yeah? Well, that's what it is."

Actually the pic I was talking about depicted a postmark from Saco, Maine.

But Sacto sucks too. I really don't understand why there's a "there" there.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 22, 2013, 06:02:41 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 21, 2013, 04:11:24 AM

In classic Oregon police style. "OH HEY, WE GOT A NEKKID UNARMED DAZED YOUNG GIRL, BETTER TAZE HER!"

It makes me want to move there EVEN MORE. Just so I can get a free tasering just by walking down the street naked.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 22, 2013, 09:32:50 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 22, 2013, 06:01:05 PM

Actually the pic I was talking about depicted a postmark from Saco, Maine.

But Sacto sucks too. I really don't understand why there's a "there" there.

Oh

My aging eyes cannot see!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The bee thing totally turned out to be pesticides, and the death toll is up to over 50,000.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=9148432

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Other headlines today included a train catching on fire on a railroad bridge in my neighborhood, a guy running over a cougar on Hwy 47, some guy in a helium-balloon lawnchair contraption getting stuck in a tree, some fugitives holed up in an industrial building in Sherwood having a standoff with police, and allegations of sabotage involving the ongoing GMO wheat saga from a few weeks ago.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I tried to link to them, but my browser froze and I lost the post so fuck it.

I have noticed that most daily Oregon news headlines include:

A hiker being lost or found or both

Wildlife

A crazy person

GMO

Bees.

East Coast Hustle

:lulz:

yeah, that's pretty spot-on.

I'm'a have to see if I can do a breakdown for Pugetopolis. Maybe even wait for an insomnia night and run a bunch into a word cloud program.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 23, 2013, 10:45:56 PM
:lulz:

yeah, that's pretty spot-on.

I'm'a have to see if I can do a breakdown for Pugetopolis. Maybe even wait for an insomnia night and run a bunch into a word cloud program.

:lulz: I'm looking forward to this.

Doktor Howl

So, a friend of mine's mother owns a rental property in Portland.  The tenant was chronically behind on rent, it seems, and friend's mother went to look in on things.  Busted windows, raw garbage in the house, etc.  She has the woman living there evicted.

Two days later, woman is seen with some bald guy (not me, assholes, there's lots of bald dudes) entering the house, then leaving again.  An hour later, house burns down rapidly.

Okay, weird but not unheard of, works for friend's mom, as the insurance will cover the house, and she'll still be able to sell the property it's on, or just let it go to taxes.

Here's where the fun starts.  In the good old days, tenant lady and bald dude would have been hit with an arson charge, which is in itself extremely serious jail time.  HOWEVER, as it was determined that some sort of timing device was used, it's being called a bomb.  Since it's a bomb, it's domestic terrorism.  IF tenant lady or bald dude - when caught, if they aren't already - finger even ONE MORE PERSON, it becomes a terrorist conspiracy.  Note that there are no grades of terrorist conspiracy.

SO, angry evictee is now legally identical to Osama Bin Ladin.

WELCOME TO AMERICA.
Molon Lube