News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Oh, Oregon!

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 04, 2013, 03:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: MMIX on May 01, 2017, 12:29:38 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on May 01, 2017, 09:29:31 AM
Scientists are cool. Engineers are cool. People are dumbasses.

When I was working in the Edubusiness my department [Behavioural Sciences] shared a building with the school of engineering. Let me share my anthropological expertise with you; a lot of engineers are dumber than the materials they manipulate. Especially the professors

Unfortunately most scientists and engineers are still people.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

MMIX

Quote from: Xaz on May 01, 2017, 12:30:23 PM

When I was working in the Edubusiness my department [Behavioural Sciences] shared a building with the school of engineering. Let me share my anthropological expertise with you; a lot of engineers are dumber than the materials they manipulate. Especially the professors

:cn:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: MMIX on May 01, 2017, 12:38:53 PM
Quote from: Xaz on May 01, 2017, 12:30:23 PM

:cn:

Who cites the scientists?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have met a number of engineers of the variety you describe, and they are truly... memorable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Oregon can top that, Trivial.  Why just stab someone when you can do it rural Oregon style?

http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/person-stabbed-at-estacada-grocery-store-officials-say/439651514
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chucklemaster

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but PDXAlerts on twitter is
interesting.
Lots of stuff people shouldn't have the police called on them for. In fact, much of it is highlighting national heroes.
It's also a bit celebratory of cops fucking up protests, which is eh, but what do you expect from a police-oriented account?
blah blah blah the rest of the song

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chucklemaster on May 21, 2017, 11:31:20 PM
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but PDXAlerts on twitter is
interesting.
Lots of stuff people shouldn't have the police called on them for. In fact, much of it is highlighting national heroes.
It's also a bit celebratory of cops fucking up protests, which is eh, but what do you expect from a police-oriented account?

It really is a sort of snapshot of Portland that you don't see elsewhere. Things that, like the Columbia Villa, people don't talk about.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."