News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left

Quote from: The Twid on June 21, 2013, 01:26:29 AM
A mutual friend of Villagers and I (was her friend first) has safely made it to Afghanistan.

Fingers crossed.

I would think the words "safely" and "Afghanistan" don't necessarily belong in the same sentence. :eek:
I hope she has an uneventful visit.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

A mutual friend of Villagers and I (was her friend first) has safely made it to Afghanistan.

Fingers crossed.

May her stay there and her return be equally safe.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 21, 2013, 01:34:04 AM

Fingers crossed.

I would think the words "safely" and "Afghanistan" don't necessarily belong in the same sentence. :eek:

Likewise. She signed up for scientific research. She just posted a picture of herself in camo and carrying a rifle saying it was hot as balls.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 21, 2013, 01:36:07 AM

Fingers crossed.

May her stay there and her return be equally safe.

Thanks CPD. :)

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Twid on June 21, 2013, 01:37:25 AM

Fingers crossed.

Likewise. She signed up for scientific research. She just posted a picture of herself in camo and carrying a rifle saying it was hot as balls.

I seriously want to do science in Afghanistan. Just with less bullets and stuff in it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cainad on June 21, 2013, 02:45:50 AM
Quote from: The Twid on June 21, 2013, 01:37:25 AM

Fingers crossed.

I seriously want to do science in Afghanistan. Just with less bullets and stuff in it.

Neuroscience. Navy. Deployment orders. Here's your gun, Dr. Smile.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am in a slit-eyed piss-poor mood.

Come home (I love living on one side of a valley and working on the other side, because it means that the first part of the ride is downhill and then by the end of the ride when I'm tired it's all uphill for the last two miles) and my internet is dead, which is AWESOME because it means I can't check my school email, which school has called me personally and left me a voicemail instructing me to check because I have a very important email.

Internet finally comes back and it turns out that the email is telling me that my summer classes have been canceled due to insufficient enrollment.

OH, GREAT. So classes start Monday and I have no classes and no books and of course everything's waitlisted and has been since about five minutes after registration opened, which is why I registered the second registration opened.

THANKS FUCKERS.

So, now I am taking a health class and am waitlisted for public speaking and spanish. I better fucking get in.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love how they couldn't tell me that in a voice message.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 21, 2013, 03:07:28 AM
I love how they couldn't tell me that in a voice message.

Wouldn't be official, I guess.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

That's pretty shitty.

I have some shit waitlisted too. Gotta get that unwaitlisted within the next couple of weeks.

Don Coyote

spent half the day painting minis and the rest of it killing the party in Spears of the Dawn,  rolling up characters for my mecha knight campaign. They killed a giant radioactive two headed possibly nanotech gone bad bear. The magical girl basically nuked the fuck out of it. In player's mech is wearing its fur as extra armor, the magical girl's mech is wearing a skull as a helmet and the other as a pauldron. my wife's knight took a single giant class to be made into a drinking vessel.  They also saved a farmer and his bed of cattle from three robber knights in decrepit mechs. mech limbs were flying about. I think I did a good thing.

Salty

I have wrangled my unruly minion and acquired all that I need to build my empire of ENDLESS HEALTH.

Now I just need to sell my car....ECH.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

So I'm pretty sure the trusty Exploder just gave up the ghost. At least it had good timing. My Maine tabs are up at the end of the month and I was trying to decide whether it was worth it to drop the $350-400 it would cost to title and register it in WA. My buddy who has a shop is gonna look at it tomorrow morning. If it's what I think it is (dead fuel pump) then it's probably not worth spending the money to fix it. On the other hand, if it IS worth fixing it, he says he "knows a way" to get it titled and registered in WA for much less money. So we'll see. I have a feeling I'll be car shopping tomorrow before work. And the bus that runs from right outside my apartment to right outside my work doesn't run on weekends, so that sucks.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Don Coyote

East Coast Hustle

Oh, and ECHGF 2.0 is WAY more angry at me about the minor spat we had earlier than makes any sense. Between that and some of the things she said when she was yelling, I'd put $5 on "I'm not happy here and this is my way of creating a problem between us in order to have an excuse to pack my bags and go back to Virginia". I understand and I could be cool with that even though I don't approve of her methods (if that's what they are) but it'll suck to have to find a roommate on the fly if it comes to that.

I don't do anything half-assed, even bad days. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"