News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Ah.  As for myself,

TO THE SPORTS BAR!

For after-work drinks with some co-workers.

But after that...

O DANNY BOY, THE GAYS, THE GAYS ARE CALLING....

Doktor Howl

Thing is, for the first time since 2009, I'm doing it solo.

Should be good for a laugh.
Molon Lube

LMNO

If you have the opportunity, pics would be a blessing.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 07, 2013, 08:55:53 PM
If you have the opportunity, pics would be a blessing.

I'll give it a shot.  I might try to drag my buddy Franklin along to manage the pictures.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

For myself ill be hanging out with pickles tonight and playing trek trivia. I believe it was his girlfriends idea so we stop embarrassing her on facebook by talking about it. But of course thats the whole point of doing it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sita

I suck as a person

I have no soical empathy. That's not to say I have no empathy at all, if you break a leg or lose your house or your dog died I can totally understand how you feel. But when people start talking about friends and family (other than mom and dad), there is nothing for me to go on.

I've only ever had a passing friend, I'm an only child so never had the sibling thing, me and my cousins have never been close. The most interaction with people I've ever had was online, and as anyone can tell you that isn't a hell of lot even after 15 years.

I go to respond to things and can never do so without turning it into a "look at me! see how horrible I have it!" which leads to not posting because I don't know how to word things any other way. I never know how.

And even this post is a pity me post (please don't) but I felt the need to get it out somewhere. My emo moment, I guess. Hopefully it will get buried in this thread.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Sita on June 07, 2013, 09:55:02 PM
I suck as a person

I have no soical empathy. That's not to say I have no empathy at all, if you break a leg or lose your house or your dog died I can totally understand how you feel. But when people start talking about friends and family (other than mom and dad), there is nothing for me to go on.

I've only ever had a passing friend, I'm an only child so never had the sibling thing, me and my cousins have never been close. The most interaction with people I've ever had was online, and as anyone can tell you that isn't a hell of lot even after 15 years.

I go to respond to things and can never do so without turning it into a "look at me! see how horrible I have it!" which leads to not posting because I don't know how to word things any other way. I never know how.

And even this post is a pity me post (please don't) but I felt the need to get it out somewhere. My emo moment, I guess. Hopefully it will get buried in this thread.

Not having social empathy doesn't make you suck as a person. It makes you isolated. Which can be lonely. Everyone is entitled to their moments of pity now and then. We all having feelings, after all.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Hahahaha.

Guess who can operate a keyboard and has to be up at 7am tomorrow to make sure several students make it to their exams?  This guy.

*dies*

Salty

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2013, 10:50:59 PM
Hahahaha.

Guess who can operate a keyboard and has to be up at 7am tomorrow to make sure several students make it to their exams?  This guy.

*dies*

The universe is a cruel motherfucker.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 07, 2013, 08:13:58 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 07, 2013, 08:12:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 07, 2013, 08:10:27 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 07, 2013, 08:10:02 PM
I got rejected for donating blood because my blood pressure is too high.  :sad:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!
\
:mad:

Yeah it sucks.

I also have to give a presentation today, in 50 minutes to be exact, and I really don't want to. Am considering bailing and going for a bike ride instead.

I thought you were done with school?

Just classes. Last mandatory class was Wednesday, last actual class was yesterday, and finals are Monday and Tuesday except for one stupid paper that I think I have until next Sunday to turn in.

Today's presentation was not for any of those, however, but for my internship program. Orientation is on the 17th, training starts the 19th, I start at the internship on the 28th.

For me, there is no "stop", just "less go".  :lol:

Another reason I need to get into much better shape: I don't think I'm going to survive this if I don't. Literally.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What I still don't understand about the blood pressure thing is, if my blood pressure is too high, won't letting some out help?

Works with tires.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

The Northeast is getting weather.

Again.

Another fucking tropical system bypasses my parents and comes right for me. They're starting to think this is funny. My leaking roof, however...

I told the landlord that the roof was still dripping, so he sends his guys over today, and they RIP OPEN MY BEDROOM CEILING to find the leak, and then go into the attic to tar (yes, tar during a feederband of a tropical storm) the hole. Then, they put plastic bags over my icky tar hole. Wet tar. Wet tar that is now dripping down my wall, and there is still water coming in. Navyguy poked a hole in the bag to allow the water to drip out into a bucket. Best we can do until the skies clear Sunday and wait a few days for my building to dry out.

Nothing that we own got ruined but a tarp (glad I keep a couple of those laying around. Part of camping life and being crazy-prepared East Coast) and maybe one or two towels. Still. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Still not as bad as the last apartment, though. At least they are TRYING to fix this mess, which is courtesy of Hurricane Sandy, and not really building negligence.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also, I have now beaten all blog records I previously had, because today I wrote about penises.

http://annasrome.com/2013/06/07/the-phallus-fallacy/

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Left

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 08, 2013, 01:34:40 AM
What I still don't understand about the blood pressure thing is, if my blood pressure is too high, won't letting some out help?

Works with tires.
Temporarily...not sure how long.
Donate blood?
Order a cannula?

...If you've got any supermarkets that sell dandelion greens, or know of safe places to pick them, they are a fairly good diuretic. 
Personally I'd get some gub'mint pills though-I hope you can do that.

We like your brain the way it is, and don't want you poppin' blood vessels. :)

Quote from: Suu on June 08, 2013, 01:38:11 AM

I told the landlord that the roof was still dripping, so he sends his guys over today, and they RIP OPEN MY BEDROOM CEILING to find the leak, and then go into the attic to tar (yes, tar during a feederband of a tropical storm) the hole. Then, they put plastic bags over my icky tar hole. Wet tar. Wet tar that is now dripping down my wall, and there is still water coming in. Navyguy poked a hole in the bag to allow the water to drip out into a bucket.

My sympathies...Yeesh.
They should have just tarped the hole and then put some heavy object, like cinderblocks, on the tarp to anchor it.  I saw a lot of roofs with that arrangement after Ike.
...Apparently after hurricane Ike, some Galveston folks were selling t-shirts that said "I was blown by Ike, then fucked by FEMA...

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Suu

I wasn't fucked by FEMA, we had no idea the damage was there until after it stopped snowing and all the water melted into my roof. We've been fighting with the leak since March now. At least they know where it is now, but they shouldn't have tried to patch it with 40mph winds coming tonight. I'm just waiting for the fucking bag to burst and throw tar and water everywhere in the bedroom.

...Still not as bad as the last apartment.

-Suu
Ask me about Providence's building codes. I'm sure they don't exist.