News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Honestly i didnt read it. Using phone. If its about effecting gene expression rather than suggesting that grandmas experiences alter them somehow then i suppose that makes more sense. Its selection at that point.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

I should know better at this point than to think a headline accurately sums up the content.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: El Twid on June 08, 2013, 06:11:35 PM
Honestly i didnt read it. Using phone. If its about effecting gene expression rather than suggesting that grandmas experiences alter them somehow then i suppose that makes more sense. Its selection at that point.

You should probably read the article.

It SOUNDS like you're saying that you think it's ridiculous to think that a person's environment and experiences could effect the way their genes are expressed in a way that could be passed on to their subsequent offspring.

But that probably isn't what you're saying, because that's silly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Will do when i get the chance. Pats birthday celebration today.

Salty

Just an FYI: you might think, on ocassion, Alty must be high out of his mind to post that shit, sometimes.

But its not that. I do anywhere from 10-20 hours of what essentially amounts to isometrics every week. Like doing Pilates that whole time.

This absolutely fries my brain. Its very strange. Well that and I don't enjoy food. I'm forcing myself to eat oatmeal right now because I'm shaking all over and hurt. Oh do I hurt.

But its the brain part that bothers me.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Heh. And then pickleson reminds me that his mom is an irresponsible person and that there is a reason pickles has full custody.

Twid
Just found out that cats will resort to cannibalism

Anna Mae Bollocks

I think it's saying that the way the genes are expressed gets passed on. What happens to grandma gets passed to mom and so forth.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Picklesons ten btw and pickles has had custody for at least 3 years. And this all was realized because i asked him why he hisses like a cat.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on June 08, 2013, 06:41:00 PM
I think it's saying that the way the genes are expressed gets passed on. What happens to grandma gets passed to mom and so forth.

Yes, it's the heritability of gene expression.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

I guess the idea is just kind of scarey. It's saying that our great grandkids could have problems because of stuff that happened to US.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on June 08, 2013, 07:32:23 PM
I guess the idea is just kind of scarey. It's saying that our great grandkids could have problems because of stuff that happened to US.

Yes, exactly. Or advantages.

Don Coyote

I am going to be pissed at my wife for the next two hours.
Her: go water the trees outside
I'm studying but whatever be a nice break right?
Hose is all fucked the fucked up because she did some kind of thing that involved not putting the hose away.
All kinds of hidden fucking holes around the new trees because neither she nor her father fucking filled in the holes properly from when they tore out the dead trees. Almost roll my bad ankle but what the fuck ever right?
Get done watering the trees.
Try to the put the hose back in a way that fucking makes sense.
Hose doesn't want to fucking cooperate.
Fuck it. She can unfuck the hose when she gets home. I've got a final to fucking study for.

East Coast Hustle

I really can't believe the phone call I just got.

There is, apparently, a possibility (however tiny) that I will be offered my old job back sometime next year. The Phoenix was sold to a research institution who is apparently looking to land a 6 year contract with National Geographic to use the Phoenix as a platform for ROV operation. If it happens, they want our old Chief Engineer and Chief Mate to crew it. Chief Engineer called to make sure I was in if and when the time comes.

Of course, as with all things that are too good to maybe be true, there's a catch and this time that catch is "yeah, but you'd probably have to move to New Beige."

Still, I could have to move to goddamn Lagos, Nigeria and I'd still weep tears of joy if it meant I got to cook in that galley again for at least 6 years.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

That sounds pretty sweet, if it all comes through.

So, I actually managed to get 8 hours of sleep.  A miracle occured.  Problem is, I think I'm so far behind on sleep it's going to take at least another night before I feel normal again.  On the plus side, I've actually been able to do things which require memory or problem solving, for the first time in almost a week.

Now I just have to make it through working with my boss tonight.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Marching in corsets is a thing and I did it.

Also, CPD? The shawl was lovely and kept me warm on the ride downtown. Thanks again.