News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Camden Benares---Info?

Started by Apikoros II, March 21, 2008, 12:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say crap, but I would say far more relevant in the time and place they were written than they are now.

I'd say that the good stuff far outweighs the irrelevant/annoying stuff, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Apikoros II on March 21, 2008, 12:47:13 PM
I wasn't sure where to pop this post so I went with my, well I know Pineal Glands are on the unmentionable list here, so I'll go with gut. Anyways, I was trying to find out some more info on Camden Benares and, man, even wikipedia doesn't have an entry.... Anyone know? Alive? Dead? Where is he now? Does he have a homepage? Should I get the Mathematical symbol for the second law of thermodynamics as a tattoo or the word Chutzpah in Yiddish instead? At what age should a young man begin dating? Is it ok that I don't get the whole "bob" thing? Some of it is cool but some is way over my head...

Ho ho ho!
Molon Lube

Ephenoir

He's real name was John Overton, but he changed it to his discordian name: Camden Benares.

His photos:

He died in 2000. List of his books:

Zen Without Zen Masters
Handful of Zen
Common Sense Tarot: The Complete Gudie to Tarot Reading
It's All in Your Head: Remarkable Facts About the Human Mind (with Jean Stine)
Crying Clown Celebration: The First Book of Phillip (with John F. Carr, unpublished)
Eastern Passage (with John F. Carr, unpublished)
Surface Disturbance (with John F. Carr, unpublished)
Our Lady Marilyn (with John F. Carr, unpublished)
Rainbow Run (with John F. Carr, unpublished)

All that I know. I've just read Zen Without Zen Masters (Polish edition).

Telarus

I've read Zen Without Zen Masters and Common Sense Tarot (Johnny Brainwash lent them to me).

ZWZM is only half about zen. The other half is sexual philosophy/politics influenced by the Kerista Commune (Brother Judd's sect). Common Sense Tarot was the best tarot book I've ever read. He was pretty influential in how the original Discordian society manifested.

That said, if you read ZWZM, you should start with the knowledge that only about half the book is influenced by Zen practices (although it greatly clarified a few things for me), but it's all mixed into the sexial philosophy/politics stuff..
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Placid Dingo

Something exciting I just found; Rainbow Run was actually published last year, and it seems like similar plans are in action for others.

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Run-ebook/dp/B00AJ1W6N4
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Pæs