News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Dream a Little Dream With Me, part 4

Started by Doktor Howl, June 25, 2013, 04:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

So I was hanging off of Lady Liberty's shoulder, trying to keep away from the collectors, when I watched her torch gutter and then go out.

And it occurred to me, too late, that the only thing between us and the consequences of our sins was that torch, or rather the liberty it represented.  That liberty we had thrown away in pursuit of "safety" and "showing those brown people a thing or two" and "defending the sanctity of marriage".

With that torch gone, there wasn't any light left to hold back the things in the darkness.  Below me, dead Chinese laborers and slaves gathered around the base of the statue, while shadows peeled from the walls of Hiroshima and Nagasaki flowed up the side, muttering in Japanese.  In the distance, I could see Chochise and his men approaching.

All of them, all the victims used as fuel for the American Way™, come back for dinner.

Someone cleared his throat right next to me.  How did Matthew Shepard get up here?

Matthew smiled, and shoved me off the edge.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 25, 2013, 05:11:30 PM
Whoa, dude!

Relax, it's just 400 years of slapstick, gone into syndication.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

My head is full of angry bees, it seems.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 25, 2013, 05:32:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 25, 2013, 05:31:50 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 25, 2013, 05:30:40 PM

Can't see.   :sad:

Aw  man. It's Oprah, with BEES!

Oh, I love that one.  Just squish em all down like the scientist dude in your sig, and jam 'em in my head.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 25, 2013, 04:59:52 PM
So I was hanging off of Lady Liberty's shoulder, trying to keep away from the collectors, when I watched her torch gutter and then go out.

And it occurred to me, too late, that the only thing between us and the consequences of our sins was that torch, or rather the liberty it represented.  That liberty we had thrown away in pursuit of "safety" and "showing those brown people a thing or two" and "defending the sanctity of marriage".

With that torch gone, there wasn't any light left to hold back the things in the darkness.  Below me, dead Chinese laborers and slaves gathered around the base of the statue, while shadows peeled from the walls of Hiroshima and Nagasaki flowed up the side, muttering in Japanese.  In the distance, I could see Chochise and his men approaching.

All of them, all the victims used as fuel for the American Way™, come back for dinner.

Someone cleared his throat right next to me.  How did Matthew Shepard get up here?

The national narrative, one of overcoming injustice and tyranny to establish a place among (or on top of, rather) the great civilizations of history, is glaringly incongruous with all those pesky little details of our actual history. Our "shining city on the hill" was built from the ground up out of bones and bombs, glued together with the blood of the inconvenient and disenfranchised, and the whole thing has been smeared with a thin coat of silver spray paint (the kind with plenty of CFCs) that barely masks the unsightly foundations under our feet and does nothing at all to cover the smell.

And our liberty? Our freedom? Our rights? What are those? I am "free" to abandon all means to support myself (if they don't abandon me first). I am "free" to badmouth our leaders, so long as it sounds like a joke and nobody listens. I am "at liberty" to pull myself up by my bootstraps, but I'm too broke to afford boots. I have the "right" to remain silent -- pretty sure that's just about the only one left, and they're even trying to take that one away.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: V3X on June 25, 2013, 06:07:32 PM
I have the "right" to remain silent -- pretty sure that's just about the only one left, and they're even trying to take that one away.

HAW HAW!

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,34810.0.html
Molon Lube

LMNO

Loved the Matthew Shepard punch line.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 25, 2013, 04:59:52 PM

This is STUNNING.

Hi, Matthew. Can't say I blame ya.*

*EDIT: Not a shot at Dok.
I just really, really couldn't blame that guy for ANYTHING at this point.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division