News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

I fucking HAET PUA's

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, June 20, 2013, 09:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left

Quote from: Cainad on June 20, 2013, 10:27:44 PM
I forget who it was, but a while back someone here posted a plausible explanation as to why so many dudes get sucked into the PUA garbage. Something about how re-framing sexual relationships as a "game" with "rules" and "strategies" makes it more digestible for the kind of shy, awkward nerds who really just want a girlfriend but have no idea how to get one.
That's a pretty charitable way to look at it.

I've never heard the term "negging."  That's nasty shit.

...What these guys do is disgusting.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Pope Pixie Pickle

actually PUA tactics and how they tie into rape culture got a pretty extensive outing here.

Blackfoot got butthurt and left after MANY of us called him creepy.

Junkenstein

If you're not that familar with PUA's, you're in for a real treat.

Download a copy of "The Game" by Neil Strauss. That's practically the bible for most internet pua's. I'm betting 2 pages till you notice your face has contorted to "What the fuck" and within a chapter you will have thrown it down at least once in disgust.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 20, 2013, 11:56:54 PM
I forget who it was, but a while back someone here posted a plausible explanation as to why so many dudes get sucked into the PUA garbage. Something about how re-framing sexual relationships as a "game" with "rules" and "strategies" makes it more digestible for the kind of shy, awkward nerds who really just want a girlfriend but have no idea how to get one.

I put it charitably because a lot of these dudes really don't think they're hurting anybody, and are greatly offended when accused of reinforcing rape culture and misogyny. That doesn't change the reality that PUA "techniques" and mentality are completely deplorable and disgusting, but a lot of these dudes are mostly just suckers (the creeps who write those books gotta make their money off of somebody, after all).

They'd meet a nice girl the proper, human way if they weren't hoodwinked into believing that it's a battle between cockshy vaginas and "Nice Guys."

It's sort of like... trying to tell someone who thinks that they've found a convenient shortcut that they are actually walking on puppies. Some dickface told them that the sign telling people not to take this shortcut is actually just a ploy to keep them from their destination, and they never bothered to look down at their feet. If you scream at them, they'll just get mad and keep stepping on puppies until they get what they want. You have to actually convince them to look at their feet and see what a bloody mess they're making.

Also, I've been drinking. Take this analogy with exactly 100 grains of salt.

Anna Mae Bollocks

They have schools for PUAs, hylie. Pricey schools.
And women who act as plants and let themselves be "picked up". It's all a racket.  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: stelz on June 21, 2013, 12:52:42 AM

And women who act as plants and let themselves be "picked up". It's all a racket.  :horrormirth:

Oh god I forgot that those things existed :vom:

Left

Quote from: stelz on June 21, 2013, 12:52:42 AM

Schools to teach you how to act like a misogynistic sociopath...

Bu🤠ns

It's really no different than any other self-help scheme.  It's probably even effective in the sense that it boosts the poor dupe's confidence and, instead of realizing he's being more confident (and thus attractive), he attributes his success to the techniques.  That and confirmation bias. 

The sad part is he's never actually gets deep into his own self-awareness to make effective changes...and remains on the superficial level.  I think that xkcd comic is pretty accurate.

The Johnny

"Let's mimic behaviour and practices, of succesful and confident people, and hope for the best!"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Golden Applesauce

If someone was accusing me of not taking consent seriously, I don't think I'd reach for this quote to defend myself:

If at any point a girl wants you to stop, she will let you know. If she says "STOP," or "GET AWAY FROM ME," or shoves you away, you know she is not interested. It happens. Stop escalating immediately and say this line:

"No problem. I don't want you to do anything you aren't comfortable with."

Memorize that line. It is your go-to when faced with resistance. Say it genuinely, without presumption. All master seducers are also masters at making women feel comfortable. You'll be no different. If a woman isn't comfortable, take a break and try again later.

So a "no" isn't good enough, they have to scream or push you away, and even that just rates a "try again later." What are women supposed to do when they're not interested? Defenestrate the guy?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Johnny

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 21, 2013, 05:33:48 AM
If someone was accusing me of not taking consent seriously, I don't think I'd reach for this quote to defend myself:

If at any point a girl wants you to stop, she will let you know. If she says "STOP," or "GET AWAY FROM ME," or shoves you away, you know she is not interested. It happens. Stop escalating immediately and say this line:

Memorize that line. It is your go-to when faced with resistance. Say it genuinely, without presumption. All master seducers are also masters at making women feel comfortable. You'll be no different. If a woman isn't comfortable, take a break and try again later.

So a "no" isn't good enough, they have to scream or push you away, and even that just rates a "try again later." What are women supposed to do when they're not interested? Defenestrate the guy?

But G.A., you are under a very big assumption that women can make rational decisions beyond the whim of the moment, when our field expertise shows that if a girl rejects you, its because your seduction technique and approach wasn't properly executed - women don't have memories beyond that of a goldfish, so we can approach her as tabla rasa after a given ammount of time and try to execute our seduction technique correctly this time.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Left

What are women supposed to do when they're not interested? Defenestrate the guy?

Sounds reasonable. :evil:

Cain

Quote from: The Johnny on June 21, 2013, 06:04:54 AM

But G.A., you are under a very big assumption that women can make rational decisions beyond the whim of the moment, when our field expertise shows that if a girl rejects you, its because your seduction technique and approach wasn't properly executed - women don't have memories beyond that of a goldfish, so we can approach her as tabla rasa after a given ammount of time and try to execute our seduction technique correctly this time.

You "didn't display high enough value".

Pope Pixie Pickle

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on June 20, 2013, 11:50:00 PM
I'd be up for trolling PUA's.

They're hard to troll because they're even worse obsessive control freaks than Pagans, and if they even get a HINT that you might be a woman, or a man who has woman friends, they'll IP ban you in a heartbeat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."