News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

You should be proud of yourself!

Started by Left, June 22, 2013, 02:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left

Some days continuing to suck oxygen is a triumph, you know?
Or actually tossing one's cookies in the toilet and not all over the place.
Life's hard.
I wanted to kind of celebrate little victories, give each other cred.

Today I rode 5 miles when I really wasn't feeling like it.
I meditated.
I was feeling hopeless and worthless again,  so I argued myself into an ok mood whilst showering.

How about y'all?
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

The Johnny

I can't tell details, but i denounced somebody in my job for negligence and they got fired, so that's something.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yesterday I did pretty good, except for the part where I thought I was early and it turned out I was late. :) But that was just for the library training, and I have already been to like 50 library trainings (OK, probably really only four) and it turned out that it was being run by my friend E so we went and had lunch afterwards.

I also had an interesting conversation with Hot But Arrogant Professor about IQ as an indicator of classroom performance, and the ethics of a social system that is designed for people with high intellectual capacity to take monetary advantage of people with low intellectual capacity.

And then I wanted to find and bump a thread I started a long time ago about how some people are smarter than other people. That was a shitstorm. :lol: I think I was pretty new here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

For the past week, I have managed to wake up without a hangover.

Considering I've been in PTown with Team Vodka for the past week, this is an achievement.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 22, 2013, 06:25:35 PM
For the past week, I have managed to wake up without a hangover.

Considering I've been in PTown with Team Vodka for the past week, this is an achievement.

Good job!

I am a little hungover. After cooking four separate meals for my children (I know, never do that, but they seriously have different dietary requirements) Hot Cowboy took me out to see Copper & Coal and we had four drinks.

Four.

I am not the "whole damn bottle" girl I used to be.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

I posted a video I've been sitting on for three months!

Salty

I squished a mosquito with my left eyelid/ball.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Quote from: Alty on June 22, 2013, 07:05:16 PM
I squished a mosquito with my left eyelid/ball.

I am so hot for you right now.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I get paid in little deposits that come a few days after the sale, and yesterday's was delayed for some stupid reason. I am living on air for the weekend and being very zen about it, distracting myself on the interbutts. Yay me and fuck them.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today, I went to the beach that is ten minutes from my front door that almost nobody knows about because it's on the other side of a heavy industrial district.

Now I am slightly sunburned.

Left

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on June 22, 2013, 06:57:06 PM
I posted a video I've been sitting on for three months!
I don't know where to look for these?
Are we allowed to see it?
*Looks hopeful*
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

LMNO

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 23, 2013, 12:37:19 AM
Today, I went to the beach that is ten minutes from my front door that almost nobody knows about because it's on the other side of a heavy industrial district.

Now I am slightly sunburned.

:mittens:

President Television

I spent nearly all of last night being complimented on my bone structure by near-strangers on the Internet. It's not much, and it's an accident of birth, but it gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Oh, and I finally complimented a girl I've been into for a while. Which is a huge step for someone with social anxiety like mine. Again, warm and fuzzies.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on June 23, 2013, 05:05:05 AM
I spent nearly all of last night being complimented on my bone structure by near-strangers on the Internet. It's not much, and it's an accident of birth, but it gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Oh, and I finally complimented a girl I've been into for a while. Which is a huge step for someone with social anxiety like mine. Again, warm and fuzzies.

Yay!