News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

The curse of the spinning statue at Manchester Museum

Started by Bu🤠ns, June 23, 2013, 03:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'd like to point out that it didn't start spinning until it was brought to Manchester.

It's Manchester that is cursed, not the statue.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have friends in Manchester and one of them is a museum display designer, I wonder what they think of this?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 23, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
I'd like to point out that it didn't start spinning until it was brought to Manchester.

:lulz:

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on June 23, 2013, 04:46:49 PM

The plot thickens :)

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 23, 2013, 04:49:46 PM
I have friends in Manchester and one of them is a museum display designer, I wonder what they think of this?

Well isn't that just insanely convenient. :P

Telarus

I wonder if it's designed that way.... Maybe as a prototype to full sized one...

:eek:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Freeky

It's clearly asking for beer, bread and beef.  Nobody can read it if the words are at the back.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 23, 2013, 03:51:31 PM
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/video-curse-spinning-statue-manchester-4698583

There's nothing mysterious here.  It's on the end of a center-supported shelf.  People are walking around it, there's probably vibrations in the building from HVAC, trucks going by, elevators, everthing else that goes on in a modern building.

Heavy statue + "Diving board effect" on shelf + time = rotation or sliding.

Of course, the fucking paper immediately says "THERE MAY BE A SPIRITUAL EXPLANATION FOR THIS", because, you know, breathless old assholes want to hear that shit.

But it's crap.  If the mummies themselves don't get up and FUCK SOME SHIT UP on the people that EMPTIED THEIR GRAVES, then what POSSIBLE use would an angry spirit have for ROTATING A STATUE?  Are they going to also hold their breath until we put shit back?  Are they going to run off to the circus, boy that would show us!

Are they trying to communicate?  "What's that, Amenhotep?  Howard Carter fell down the well?"

No.  It's fucking vibrations from shitty display design plus sensationalist bullshit, if not an engineered fraud.

DOK,
BRINGING THE SCIENCE IF YOU CAN'T BRING AN ACTUAL SCARY GODDAMN UNDEAD THINGIE.
Molon Lube

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 24, 2013, 06:11:01 PM
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/video-curse-spinning-statue-manchester-4698583

There's nothing mysterious here.  It's on the end of a center-supported shelf.  People are walking around it, there's probably vibrations in the building from HVAC, trucks going by, elevators, everthing else that goes on in a modern building.

Of course, the fucking paper immediately says "THERE MAY BE A SPIRITUAL EXPLANATION FOR THIS", because, you know, breathless old assholes want to hear that shit.

But it's crap.  If the mummies themselves don't get up and FUCK SOME SHIT UP on the people that EMPTIED THEIR GRAVES, then what POSSIBLE use would an angry spirit have for ROTATING A STATUE?  Are they going to also hold their breath until we put shit back?  Are they going to run off to the circus, boy that would show us!

Are they trying to communicate?  "What's that, Amenhotep?  Howard Carter fell down the well?"

No.  It's fucking vibrations from shitty display design plus sensationalist bullshit, if not an engineered fraud.

DOK,

:lulz:

Yes, of course there's a scientific explanation but that won't bring bodies into the museum! 

I also noticed how they don't move the statue to a different location to see if it doesn't do the same thing.  Then...of course...that just invites 'special pleading'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 24, 2013, 06:11:01 PM

DOK,

I have a Kuan Yin figurine that does that. I don't think Ahmenhotep & company are known for jumping into Kuan Yin figurines from Vietnamese grocery stores in Lynn, Mass and rotating. Houses around here are crap and they shake a little every time somebody walks or lets the screen door slam.

It's great for freaking out Texans though. She moves, and she's Asian. Probably keeps all kinds of shitty people away.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

I just want the mummies to GET ON THEIR JOB and STOP THIS FUCKING AROUND.

I just can't see Brandon Fraser running from a slowly rotating statue, know what I mean?

Boris Karloff is also, I am told, TOTALLY FUCKING UNIMPRESSED.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't understand why they don't put felt on the bottom to prevent this.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 24, 2013, 08:17:17 PM
I just want the mummies to GET ON THEIR JOB and STOP THIS FUCKING AROUND.

I just can't see Brandon Fraser running from a slowly rotating statue, know what I mean?

Boris Karloff is also, I am told, TOTALLY FUCKING UNIMPRESSED.

I'm told Lon Chaney's kid is making gestures that look like jacking off.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division