News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

The blessings of Greyface

Started by Ben, December 07, 2004, 12:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Am I the only one who thinks that order isn't all bad?

Sepia

depends...

in ones own emotional life/view of life (including religion, science, ideology etc) i find order to to lack ingredients to make audible words out of my thoughts.

i go for the order when things needs to be done and i badly want them to be done and 'chaos' the rest of the way.

yet, chaos is still order and order is still chaos because i feel that there must be order in chaos, for instance small packages of chaoes for my mind to understand it/them/etc.

no, i don't know.
Everyone will always be too late

Horab Fibslager

i savour balanced unbalance.

so yeah order is great.
Hell is other people.

EraPassing

I'm a compulsive order-seeker.  I automatically begin to rearrange my surroundings to reflect some sort of pattern, and I look for patterns in events and personalities.  My redeeming characteristic, though, is that my sense of humor is so DISorderly.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

Ben

I'm actually pretty messy sometimes now that I'm all grown up and can be.  Sometimes I wish I was moer orderly about my environment.  My Dad used to condemn nonorder extremely harshly.  Just little things like leaving something out of place would leave him screaming at me like a banshee.  He'd probly faint if he saw my apartment the way it is now.  Maybe I'll clean it better, lest he visit to haunt me.  I think order has its pros and cons, just like chaos.

Horab Fibslager

i greatly enjoy finding patterns in what at first appears to be a mess or disorderly, and disorder in what appears to be very orderly.

from simplicity flows complexity.

every buildign starts with a single brick.
Hell is other people.

agent compassion

If not for order, how would the pizza get from the oven to your house?

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Ben

Sepia

Quote from: agent compassionIf not for order, how would the pizza get from the oven to your house?

the robot moved in chaostery.
Everyone will always be too late

agent compassion

Hehe...

"Chaos Pizza - If it's not at your house within 30 minutes, then it'll be somewhere else. Or cake."

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

There used to be a place here in Omaha during the seventies called "Satans Pizza". I think thats awesome, and would love to open up a pizza place by the same name some day.

Thats also the name of my store in Kingdom of Loathing.

Prickly

Quote from: Z¬?There used to be a place here in Omaha during the seventies called "Satans Pizza". I think thats awesome, and would love to open up a pizza place by the same name some day.

A: You live in Omaha? I'm sorry.... I feel the suffering. I feel the pain. Do you go to UNO? I feel the suffering and pain even worse.

B: They had a SATAN'S PIZZA? In THIS TOWN? Are you fucking SHITTING ME?

C: Don't answer the part about shitting me. I don't wanna know.

Anyway, who are you and how would I know you?
Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.

Quote from: Prickly
Quote from: Z¬?There used to be a place here in Omaha during the seventies called "Satans Pizza". I think thats awesome, and would love to open up a pizza place by the same name some day.

A: You live in Omaha? I'm sorry.... I feel the suffering. I feel the pain. Do you go to UNO? I feel the suffering and pain even worse.

B: They had a SATAN'S PIZZA? In THIS TOWN? Are you fucking SHITTING ME?

C: Don't answer the part about shitting me. I don't wanna know.

Anyway, who are you and how would I know you?

I dont go to UNO because I'm not currently in school, I'm not sure how you'd know me, except that I live at the powerpad and until recently this is where they did hardcore/punk shows (ever since the Cog Factory shut down, may it rest in peace.)

Satans Pizza used to be downtown in the seventies, I believe where Howard Street was (until very recently). From what I understand, back in that day, the old market was nothing more than head shops/record stores... which isnt much different than what it is now, just with more crap and a couple bookstores. This is all heresay, of course, and I was skeptical at first... but I've heard it now from two different sources (unrelated) so I'm pretty sure its true.

I couldnt tell you much about myself that would give you any clue if you knew me, because a lot of that depends on who you know... there is a good chance of it, because I know the way this town works. Anyway, I'm 22 and I used to go to Central High School... I also used to go out to a lot of shows, and I know a lot of people in the local music shit (I cant think of a better way to put it.).

Anyway, you and I are probably two out of maybe twenty or thirty registered libertarians in the county.

Bella

I don't mind order and often find it very useful.
But I'm not often successful in my attempts to maintain order.
I start out with the best intentions in the world and then things just seem to get out of hand and chaos erupts.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Prickly

Quote from: Z¬?I dont go to UNO because I'm not currently in school, I'm not sure how you'd know me, except that I live at the powerpad and until recently this is where they did hardcore/punk shows (ever since the Cog Factory shut down, may it rest in peace.)

Satans Pizza used to be downtown in the seventies, I believe where Howard Street was (until very recently). From what I understand, back in that day, the old market was nothing more than head shops/record stores... which isnt much different than what it is now, just with more crap and a couple bookstores. This is all heresay, of course, and I was skeptical at first... but I've heard it now from two different sources (unrelated) so I'm pretty sure its true.

I couldnt tell you much about myself that would give you any clue if you knew me, because a lot of that depends on who you know... there is a good chance of it, because I know the way this town works. Anyway, I'm 22 and I used to go to Central High School... I also used to go out to a lot of shows, and I know a lot of people in the local music shit (I cant think of a better way to put it.).

Anyway, you and I are probably two out of maybe twenty or thirty registered libertarians in the county.

Actually, there are about 3000 registered Libertarians statewide (only 75 or so of whom have paid dues to the party itself, but we won't get mad at the rest of the 3000 since they at least vote for us). Anyway, the NE LP has meetings the second or third or so sunday of each month (I think it's the third sunday) at 1pm at Godfather's Pizza on 70somethingth and Pacific (the one in the same shopping center as Lee's, which is a damn good chinese place).

I'm 21, but went to Burke, and am not into the local music scene at all, so we've probably never met, unless you've been to any Libertarian events and I just didn't notice.

Also, I happen to work at the Taco Bell at 120th & Center (the shopping center with the Baker's that used to be an Albertson's and before that an empty shell of a store, and before that a HyVee). The earliest I start work is about 7pm, some nights I don't start until 10pm, but if you happen to come through really late one night and there's a guy with long brown hair working the drive through, say a Hail Eris.

See ya at some Libertarian evenst? :) I'm a political science major, so I'll probably be Nebraska's campaign coordinator in 2006, so volunteers are always appreciated.

*volunteers you*

Edit: PS: Have you ever played 1000 blank white cards? I've managed to get quite a few local converts.  :twisted:
Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.