News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

The City that Ate People #6: True Things

Started by Richter, June 26, 2013, 02:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Elvis is dead.  Sad, but true. 

Scatman John, however faked it.  He is living it up at an obscure jazz joint in the metro northeast, performing once a week for a crowd who ain't saying SHIT.

Janis Joplin tailgated me in a late 90's pickup this morning.  She always was a dodgy bird, and I suspect she had a hand in Perry Ferrel's formative years. 

Jerry Garcia runs a suspiciously well stocked music store in a slowly yuppifying section of the Irish Riviera.  Non-liquor stores routinely pop up and fold around him, yet he remains.  The town has NO live music scene, yet there he is...  Who stocks bagpipes anyways?

Musicians over a certain level of income all have access to this.  It's like an escape clause.  Put down the money and the fame, back up slowly, and "they" will make certain you have a good, stable life.  Just once of many services they provide.   

Cobain is still gone.  He was DONE.  really done.  You could see it in his eyes.  Deal with it.  Life after life is only for the ones willing to keep going, after all.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Cool, man. I like the idea of Scatman John being out there somewhere.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.