News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Unlimited RWHN Appreciation Thread!

Started by Ben Shapiro, June 30, 2013, 02:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Twid, you're owed cookies or drinks or something, jesusfuckdude.

Salty

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 01, 2013, 11:43:08 PM
You know, I'd be a little annoyed if I acted the arse for this long, this consistently and people still stuck up for me.

SRSLY. It might he funny if people werent genuinely reaching out. With their feelings. That this fuckass doesn't give a fuck about.

But its all just pixels on a screen, rite? No actual human emotion ITT. nope, nun uh.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 02, 2013, 12:42:11 AM
Twid, you're owed cookies or drinks or something, jesusfuckdude.

I'll take my words not being misinterpreted over either, deliberately or otherwise.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Try rephrasing because when I read "you aren't your job", that reads to me that you are implying that I do think I'm my job. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 02, 2013, 12:45:17 AM
Try rephrasing because when I read "you aren't your job", that reads to me that you are implying that I do think I'm my job.

:facepalm:

Later.

Nephew Twiddleton

Get back to me when you take that filter off, since, you know, I was making a deliberate attempt to actually appreciate you in this thread.

AFK

Yes, I'm a preventionist.

First and foremost I'm a Dad, but after Agrippa and some other scheezy episodes I've stopped talking about them here.

I'm also a musician...but as a single dad I have no fucking time to record music anymore.
I'm also a son.
I'm a punner.
I'm a Discordian.
And now, happily, I'm a boyfriend to a gorgeous and wonderful woman who's made me happier than I've been since the birth of my children. 

I'm a lot of things. 
And I am a very passionate person.
I'm passionate about all of the things above, yes, including my job.

So if you guys are going to start threads about drugs, yes, I am going to join the converstion.  Yes, I am going to have VERY strong positions.  And I am going to voice them. 

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 01, 2013, 11:29:18 PM
Quote from: stelz on July 01, 2013, 11:25:50 PM
Quote from: /b/earman on July 01, 2013, 08:22:49 PM
Shitting on your friends who continue to pat you on your back for being an Aspie. CHECK

Reminding Nigel how much you hate her. CHECK

Neglecting to reinforce any useful contribution to the actual website. Check

Turning this thread into a "Drug Thread". Still pending

The whole purpose of this thread was to redirect, or split RWHN derailings with his usual "trolling".

This will do for now.

I think EVERYTHING RWHN POSTS FROM NOW ON should be moved to this thread.

Not. Even. Joking.

Even if he says something meaningful and not at all jackassy?

You'd need a wayback machine to get that.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on July 01, 2013, 11:25:50 PM
Quote from: /b/earman on July 01, 2013, 08:22:49 PM
Shitting on your friends who continue to pat you on your back for being an Aspie. CHECK

Reminding Nigel how much you hate her. CHECK

Neglecting to reinforce any useful contribution to the actual website. Check

Turning this thread into a "Drug Thread". Still pending

The whole purpose of this thread was to redirect, or split RWHN derailings with his usual "trolling".

This will do for now.

I think EVERYTHING RWHN POSTS FROM NOW ON should be moved to this thread.

Not. Even. Joking.

I don't, and I've already stated why a couple of times so I won't say it again. Not arguing with you because it isn't up for argument anyway, just making my position known.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

I can understand why some people want it to, just saying that it wont.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 02, 2013, 12:50:44 AM
Yes, I'm a preventionist.

First and foremost I'm a Dad, but after Agrippa and some other scheezy episodes I've stopped talking about them here.

I'm also a musician...but as a single dad I have no fucking time to record music anymore.
I'm also a son.
I'm a punner.
I'm a Discordian.
And now, happily, I'm a boyfriend to a gorgeous and wonderful woman who's made me happier than I've been since the birth of my children. 

I'm a lot of things. 
And I am a very passionate person.
I'm passionate about all of the things above, yes, including my job.

So if you guys are going to start threads about drugs, yes, I am going to join the converstion.  Yes, I am going to have VERY strong positions.  And I am going to voice them.

To the exclusion of all other conversation?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2013, 01:04:14 AM
Yeah, that's not going to happen.

I can understand why some people want it to, just saying that it wont.

It's not warranted.

Salty

I really think we shouldn't have any kind of UNLIMITED thread for RWHN.

Those are reserved for people who have always contributed nothing but shit to this website.

And as much as this guy makes me.want to punch babies in the face, I can't approve of this in the least.

He may be too stupid to realize when he's throwing valuable relationships away, but he's no Poptart.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Alty on July 02, 2013, 01:11:05 AM
I really think we shouldn't have any kind of UNLIMITED thread for RWHN.

Those are reserved for people who have always contributed nothing but shit to this website.

And as much as this guy makes me.want to punch babies in the face, I can't approve of this in the least.

He may be too stupid to realize when he's throwing valuable relationships away, but he's no Poptart.

I find myself unable to argue with this, but thread nuking is really ECH's call, or Cain's in ECH's absence.
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 01, 2013, 10:58:19 PM
Alright. I'm going to give this one more go. You are not your job, there's more to you than drugs, or rather, lack thereof, and I know you're an interesting person. I forget why aside from the music (since I am also a musician), but the back and forth and the snark has made me forgotten.

It could well be that you've just given up and are giving The PeopleTM what they want.

Yes, this is more or less where I am at.  Aside from the fact that I don't have the free time I used t have to devote to this site, the discourse has gotten to the point, in my opinion, where I feel like it doesn't do me any good to post a whole lot constructive because even when I do I get flak.  No matter what I post there is some hidden agenda, and it all stems from butthurt over my position on drug legalization.  Period.  So fuck it, if all people want is to dance, let's dance.  If you want something else, make some fucking attempt to separate my position on drugs from the rest of my activity on this site. 

QuoteBut that's not what I want, and that's not what LMNO apparently wants, and presumably Suu as well. I don't know why specifically Bearman started this thread. I like and respect him and I'm sure he has his reasons, even if they're monkey reasons (we're all monkeys, from time to time)

Of course they are monkey reasons, he wants to be one of the cool kids.  That's fine, I can oblige that if it makes him happy.

QuoteBut do you actually want this? Do you want to swing about on the bars with your hands too? Or do you want to rise above it?

I have risen above it.  Here's the deal, I think this place has gone a bit over the edge with the doom and gloom and despair, the horrormirth.  I've tried to start more positive-based threads in the PD subforum, but no one wants to talk about that.  People want to wallow in the doom and gloom.  You know what, life is way too fucking short for that bullshit.  I'm not saying ignore the bad and the strife in the world, but fuck, get out and get some fresh air, enjoy the good, enjoy that which brings joy and happiness.  Live, Laugh, Love, Learn. 

I get the appeal of the dark.  I was there when we were writing the BIP.  I guess, I'm kind of over that.  I want to fix shit, but I want to enjoy the fuck out of life too.  Discordia can be a tool to encourage that.  That is my Discordia these days. 

QuoteActually, you know, I don't think monkeys are the appropriate animal here. You're all acting like fish with mutant hands and fishing rods. I'll admit, I've engaged in the stupid drug convos too. People think you're trolling, but you're biting the worm, too.

So stop being a fucking fish, and the fish fishermen will stop trying to bait you.

You realize you are essentially asking me to not engage in drug conversations becUse the rest of the board can't engage with me without losing their shit.  So you want me to censor myself, allow for a one-sided circle-jerk, just to keep the peace.  Is that what you want?