News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Unlimited RWHN Appreciation Thread!

Started by Ben Shapiro, June 30, 2013, 02:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I think we should leave it as a lesson in subtle difference.

No thread should be nuked, IMO.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 02, 2013, 01:06:59 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 02, 2013, 12:50:44 AM
Yes, I'm a preventionist.

First and foremost I'm a Dad, but after Agrippa and some other scheezy episodes I've stopped talking about them here.

I'm also a musician...but as a single dad I have no fucking time to record music anymore.
I'm also a son.
I'm a punner.
I'm a Discordian.
And now, happily, I'm a boyfriend to a gorgeous and wonderful woman who's made me happier than I've been since the birth of my children. 

I'm a lot of things. 
And I am a very passionate person.
I'm passionate about all of the things above, yes, including my job.

So if you guys are going to start threads about drugs, yes, I am going to join the converstion.  Yes, I am going to have VERY strong positions.  And I am going to voice them.

To the exclusion of all other conversation?

It's never been to the exclusion of all other conversation.  That is selective memory.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 02, 2013, 01:19:49 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 01, 2013, 10:58:19 PM
Alright. I'm going to give this one more go. You are not your job, there's more to you than drugs, or rather, lack thereof, and I know you're an interesting person. I forget why aside from the music (since I am also a musician), but the back and forth and the snark has made me forgotten.

It could well be that you've just given up and are giving The PeopleTM what they want.

Yes, this is more or less where I am at.  Aside from the fact that I don't have the free time I used t have to devote to this site, the discourse has gotten to the point, in my opinion, where I feel like it doesn't do me any good to post a whole lot constructive because even when I do I get flak.  No matter what I post there is some hidden agenda, and it all stems from butthurt over my position on drug legalization.  Period.  So fuck it, if all people want is to dance, let's dance.  If you want something else, make some fucking attempt to separate my position on drugs from the rest of my activity on this site. 

Great way to disprove the butthurt allegations. And admittedly, I haven't been on as much lately, but what rest of your activity? Aside from the new gf, which is going to be a topic you're going to talk about anyway since it's new and exciting.

QuoteBut that's not what I want, and that's not what LMNO apparently wants, and presumably Suu as well. I don't know why specifically Bearman started this thread. I like and respect him and I'm sure he has his reasons, even if they're monkey reasons (we're all monkeys, from time to time)

Of course they are monkey reasons, he wants to be one of the cool kids.  That's fine, I can oblige that if it makes him happy.

QuoteBut do you actually want this? Do you want to swing about on the bars with your hands too? Or do you want to rise above it?

I have risen above it.  Here's the deal, I think this place has gone a bit over the edge with the doom and gloom and despair, the horrormirth.  I've tried to start more positive-based threads in the PD subforum, but no one wants to talk about that.  People want to wallow in the doom and gloom.  You know what, life is way too fucking short for that bullshit.  I'm not saying ignore the bad and the strife in the world, but fuck, get out and get some fresh air, enjoy the good, enjoy that which brings joy and happiness.  Live, Laugh, Love, Learn. 

I get the appeal of the dark.  I was there when we were writing the BIP.  I guess, I'm kind of over that.  I want to fix shit, but I want to enjoy the fuck out of life too.  Discordia can be a tool to encourage that.  That is my Discordia these days. 

QuoteActually, you know, I don't think monkeys are the appropriate animal here. You're all acting like fish with mutant hands and fishing rods. I'll admit, I've engaged in the stupid drug convos too. People think you're trolling, but you're biting the worm, too.

So stop being a fucking fish, and the fish fishermen will stop trying to bait you.

You realize you are essentially asking me to not engage in drug conversations becUse the rest of the board can't engage with me without losing their shit.  So you want me to censor myself, allow for a one-sided circle-jerk, just to keep the peace.  Is that what you want?

No, I want you to be able to change the channel from time to time. It took me pointing out that there was important gay stuff going on in order to stop the alcohol huffing thread from turning into YET ANOTHER. And no, it's not just you. Like I said, everyone is a mutant fish. Who's going to walk on land first though?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Cain

AFK

And yet you are only hollering at me.

And therin lies another reason I don't give a fuck.

Y'all have seemingly decided that this is ALL me.

Okay, I can work with that, so don't complain about the results.

Salty

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 02, 2013, 01:31:14 AM
Aside from Alty, of course.

I can't tell if you're saying I'm a.mutant fish, not a mutant fish, already on.the land, or refusing.to step out of the water.

No, RWHN, it is ALL us. Duh.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 02, 2013, 01:33:30 AM

Again, way to cherry pick my words.

You know, if it's everyone else, maybe it is you. At least for keeping it going, by your own admission. So, yeah, hands, soap. Enjoy your pattern.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on July 02, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

I can't tell if you're saying I'm a.mutant fish, not a mutant fish, already on.the land, or refusing.to step out of the water.

First to step on land.

ETA: Which, I suppose makes you a double mutant fish.

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 02, 2013, 01:38:28 AM

You know, if it's everyone else, maybe it is you. At least for keeping it going, by your own admission. So, yeah, hands, soap. Enjoy your pattern.

There are words, and then there are actions.  Why no calls upon other individuals who engage in trollish behaviors in these threads?  Why an I the only person you are addressing specifically by name? 

Nephew Twiddleton

In the meantime, I have more fulfilling things to do, like pretending I'm a some sort of Star Trek alien at some sort of Navy rank I'll never achieve (depending on which of my 3 characters I'm playing. Right now I'm a Romulan Republic subcommander who just got done deprogramming from Tal Shiar brainwashing. Exciting stuff.)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 02, 2013, 01:40:53 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 02, 2013, 01:38:28 AM

There are words, and then there are actions.  Why no calls upon other individuals who engage in trollish behaviors in these threads?  Why an I the only person you are addressing specifically by name?

Ok.

Twid, cut it out. ECH, cut it out. Nigel, cut it out. Roger, cut it out. Bearman, cut it out. Paes, cut it out. Cain, you usually avoid these things. Cut it out sometimes. Hylie- Don't come in this room. Trust me. Net, cut it out. Waffles... I don't know, keep marauding. LMNO, keep being rational. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of other people. Want me to call anyone else out so you feel that you're being told to cut it out equally?

Nephew Twiddleton

Salty

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 02, 2013, 01:38:44 AM
Quote from: Alty on July 02, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

First to step on land.

ETA: Which, I suppose makes you a double mutant fish.

:noodledance:

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh. Stelz. Cut it out.

Anyone else not covered it "you all"?