News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Unlimited RWHN Appreciation Thread!

Started by Ben Shapiro, June 30, 2013, 02:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 30, 2013, 03:49:13 AM
If it gives him the attention he craves and keeps him from trolling everyone else's threads and posting his desperate-sounding "I'M SO HAPPY" posts in Open Bar, I'm all for it.

I learned it by watching you Dad!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 30, 2013, 04:06:26 AM
I dunno if an attack thread on people is a good idea in general though.

This.

Even if there are times we disagree with each other, I don't think that The Poster Formerly Known as RWHN is deserving of this. This is an honor reserved for the true assholes of PD. Granted, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I know I'm far from innocent when I post on this board, but I'm not Poptard, Lamanite, or one of the scores of true douchenozzles that come here just to fuck with us. If RHWN feels that he at least has friends here, and at least can vent, or get his point across, fuck, if he gets off on his stance in drug threads, then so be it. You'd be surprised how often I've used this board as some sort of free shrink. Shit, there are times I have called, or think about calling, one of the few people I have numbers for just to blab something out with the promise of a helpful ear, advice, or , "YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON." Depending on what I need to hear.

PD got me through my divorce and the subsequent crazy, damnit. If that's what it takes to get RHWN back on track, then so be it.

-Suu

Trying this new, righteous approach to life.
Feels kinda dirty about it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Let it be known that I like RWHN, despite the weirdness I've seen of late. Granted, I might feel the same if I was generally reviled at a place I had helped create the BIP.

I'm torn. Honestly.

AFK

My "weirdness" is simply giving the people what they want.  I dunno when, but like two or three drug threads ago it was made pretty clear to me that solely because if my stance on a certain issue, I had failed the PD.COM litmus test.  Despite, as LMNO points out, being one of the people who helped create the BIP, someone who ran the BIP forum/lifeboat during the big server crash, and being a significant contributor for many years. 

So I guess I thought to myself, well fuck it, if 95% of the board has decided I'm AKK because I disagree with them on something, then sure, I can do that gig.  I figure, at the least, it's a fun social exercise.  I could post content, I could contribute, but none of you REALLY want that,  You want me as a villain.  And so here we are.

LMNO

See, that's one of the things that bugs me. 

There are plenty of people here who have ideas and stances I don't agree with, but they have plenty I'm comfortable with, like you.

But they didn't choose to act out a role online, goading and cajoling the other posters, and avoiding all the stuff that would balance the former.

That is to say, you stopped posting honestly, and, sad to say, you started authentically trolling.

Why did you change who you are online merely to annoy other people?

Suu

Your livelihood is based on drugs. You're going to have a strong opinion because of this. Basically what it comes down to is that threads appear to argue for the sake of arguing, and that, to me, goes against what we work for here.

I seriously feel like I haven't seen a thread that had a serious, mature discussion of a topic in ages. It always winds down to butthurt and arguing.

I dunno. This thread is bullshit. Be happy with yourself, RWHN. Some of us are glad life has turned around a bit for you.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 30, 2013, 04:33:19 AM

There are plenty of people here who have ideas and stances I don't agree with, but they have plenty I'm comfortable with, like you.

But they didn't choose to act out a role online, goading and cajoling the other posters, and avoiding all the stuff that would balance the former.

That is to say, you stopped posting honestly, and, sad to say, you started authentically trolling.

This is where I am at. I suppose I was one of those 5%. I actually really thought RWHN was a cool, funny, smart, capable guy whose opinion I valued and respected. Then he started shitting all over this place for personal reasons.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

I dont want another drug thread. This is a thread about appreciating rwhn. So lets find stuff to actually appreciate about him rather than the weird spot hes gone through with his family life and him turning into what seems to be a guy who we mainly know for his job. What was that comic in the end of the bip again?

Right. So rev- i dont believe ive ever heard any of your music. Before my joining. Got a song or two to share?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 04:48:15 AM
I dont want another drug thread. This is a thread about appreciating rwhn. So lets find stuff to actually appreciate about him rather than the weird spot hes gone through with his family life and him turning into what seems to be a guy who we mainly know for his job. What was that comic in the end of the bip again?

Right. So rev- i dont believe ive ever heard any of your music. Before my joining. Got a song or two to share?

Clearly, you need to hear the SPAG song.

LMNO

There is a whole lot of good content from RWHN back in the day. I can't put my finger on the precise date, but it was somewhere around the BIP, the board wars/crashes, and the (if I may be honest) weird vibe the board had at that point. A lot of hate shitting was going on, and there was a lot of splatter. Still doesn't explain RWHN's decision to change his online persona.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 30, 2013, 04:33:19 AM

Well gee, because after awhile I couldn't post anything without having my motives questioned.  If I post about my love life like everyone else does, I'm just trying to get attention.  If I bump an old-time thread like others do, I'm just trying to cause trouble.  Fuck, if I just change my username I get shit for it.

Add on top of that that my personal life always gets dragged into the drig threads.  "Oh, now we know why his wife REALLY left him."   

Can you honestly sit there and tell me that any other poster on this board has got the treatment I've had, simply because of disagreement on an issue? 

So, that's why.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ive heard that there was a song called spag. Ive never heard it though.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 04:48:15 AM

https://soundcloud.com/sc0tt-m

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:06:52 AM
Ive heard that there was a song called spag. Ive never heard it though.

Unfortunately, it has been lost in the ether of the internet.  I think it was part of the POEEcasts over at POEE but I believe those are all lost.  I probably still have the master tape somewhere but don't really have the gear currently to digitize it again. 

There actually was a SPAG II as well.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 30, 2013, 04:18:00 AM
Let it be known that I like RWHN, despite the weirdness I've seen of late. Granted, I might feel the same if I was generally reviled at a place I had helped create the BIP.

I'm torn. Honestly.

I don't like him. At all. I did once, before whatever the hell is wrong with him spun out of control and he became such a condescending stick in the mud. But that's irrelevant; he is a longstanding member and once-contributor and as such I oppose anything that might smack of an admin-endorsed public humiliation. But this thread isn't an admin thread, it's bearman's thread, and he's as free to talk shit about RWHN as anyone is free to talk shit about anyone else.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."