News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Unlimited RWHN Appreciation Thread!

Started by Ben Shapiro, June 30, 2013, 02:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:31:04 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:29:41 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:24:36 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:21:15 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:19:46 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:07:02 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 04:48:15 AM
I dont want another drug thread. This is a thread about appreciating rwhn. So lets find stuff to actually appreciate about him rather than the weird spot hes gone through with his family life and him turning into what seems to be a guy who we mainly know for his job. What was that comic in the end of the bip again?

Right. So rev- i dont believe ive ever heard any of your music. Before my joining. Got a song or two to share?

https://soundcloud.com/sc0tt-m

Thanks, man. I'll give it a listen tomorrow. Villager's in the next room sleeping, so I won't be putting it on right now.

"End" and "Be Still" are both pretty quiet.  Very minimalist, droney kind of stuff.

Listening to End now. What are you using on it? Sounds like a tin whistle of some sort?

That's it precisely.  It's kinda supposed to be like some kind of marine bird dying.  Uplifting, no?

It reminded me of whale song, actually.  But it does have a very eerie sound to it.

All of the other sounds were just ambient sounds of the room that I recorded and fucked with. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:32:58 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 30, 2013, 05:30:51 AM
You could just stop being a dick to people. It works wonders, as does admitting there may be validity to other people's perspectives even when they disagree with yours. After a couple of years, odds are that everyone would look back on this era as "a rough patch", if they even remember it at all.

You could stop being a dick too.  Interesting concept ain't it?

Is your argument that your personality exists only as a reaction to mine?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:34:16 AM
I dont want another drug thread. This is a thread about appreciating rwhn. So lets find stuff to actually appreciate about him rather than the weird spot hes gone through with his family life and him turning into what seems to be a guy who we mainly know for his job. What was that comic in the end of the bip again?

Right. So rev- i dont believe ive ever heard any of your music. Before my joining. Got a song or two to share?

Thanks, man. I'll give it a listen tomorrow. Villager's in the next room sleeping, so I won't be putting it on right now.

"End" and "Be Still" are both pretty quiet.  Very minimalist, droney kind of stuff.

Listening to End now. What are you using on it? Sounds like a tin whistle of some sort?

That's it precisely.  It's kinda supposed to be like some kind of marine bird dying.  Uplifting, no?

It reminded me of whale song, actually.  But it does have a very eerie sound to it.

All of the other sounds were just ambient sounds of the room that I recorded and fucked with.

What about isolation, had a bit of a woodblock thing going on there, yes?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

"It's not me, it's you"?

Man, that's weak. I still like you. But you're really not making it easy. It's like you're antagonizing everyone on this board, whether it not they personally attacked you.

Which, no matter who you ask, is kind of shitty.

Not to start unintended drama, but did you decide to write me off when you made your persona change?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

AFK

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 30, 2013, 05:37:30 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:32:58 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 30, 2013, 05:30:51 AM
You could just stop being a dick to people. It works wonders, as does admitting there may be validity to other people's perspectives even when they disagree with yours. After a couple of years, odds are that everyone would look back on this era as "a rough patch", if they even remember it at all.

You could stop being a dick too.  Interesting concept ain't it?

Is your argument that your personality exists only as a reaction to mine?

Not in the slightest. 

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:39:05 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:34:16 AM

What about isolation, had a bit of a woodblock thing going on there, yes?

That's an older one and I can't honestly remember how I made those knocking sounds, but it wasn't woodblock as I don't have any.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 30, 2013, 05:40:37 AM
"It's not me, it's you"?

Man, that's weak. I still like you. But you're really not making it easy. It's like you're antagonizing everyone on this board, whether it not they personally attacked you.

Which, no matter who you ask, is kind of shitty.

Not to start unintended drama, but did you decide to write me off when you made your persona change?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

I wasn't saying "It's not me, it's you."  Simply observing that, yeah maybe I act like a dick, but in my observation, Nigel also acts like a dick towards people on the board.  But I'm not linking the two.

And the only people I directly antagonize are the ones who are clearly in any "debates" with me for precisely that reason.  And if you are honest, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  You know the people who get into the drug debates simply because they want to stir shit.  But does anyone raise a fuss about that?  Nope.  It's ALL directed at me. 

So tell me, if I'm going to get shit no matter what I do, why should I bother?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bottom line is, guy with a weak and malformed sense of identity, I don't like you and I don't respect you as you are now. I think you're kind of dumb, as in not very bright, and I think you're a stooge for a part of the American system that does more harm to the population than it does good. That said, I think that on some level you THINK you're doing good (ties into the dumb thing), which makes you not entirely an abhorrent person. I don't read 99% of your posts because, well, typically they're kind of dumb. I get the impression that you're one of those guys who's a standard deviation or two above mean IQ and thinks that makes you the smartest guy in the room, which is probably true in bumfuck Maine but is way off the mark on this forum.

But even so, if you stopped posting stupid shit with the intent of pissing all over everyone on the board just because you're holding a grudge against me, most likely a lot of people who currently agree with me would change their minds. I might, even. Probably not, but I might.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

I have no grudge against you.

I just don't like you.

LMNO

QuoteSo tell me, if I'm going to get shit no matter what I do, why should I bother?

Indeed. Well, have a good night, and I wish the best for your kid.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:52:19 AM
I have no grudge against you.

I just don't like you.

Thank fuck.

Anyway, I am occasionally a dick to people on this forum, particularly when they say something egregiously stupid. I am not a dick all the time, or most of the time, or to everyone. Almost everyone on this forum is a dick to other people on this forum occasionally, especially when they see that someone has said something egregiously stupid. Almost no one is a dick all the time, or most of the time, or to everyone, with the exception of ECH, who is entirely made of dicks.

AFK

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

AFK

Oh well, I knew it was just a matter of time before you'd roll in.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:15:39 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 30, 2013, 05:12:25 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 04:24:40 AM
My "weirdness" is simply giving the people what they want.  I dunno when, but like two or three drug threads ago it was made pretty clear to me that solely because if my stance on a certain issue, I had failed the PD.COM litmus test.  Despite, as LMNO points out, being one of the people who helped create the BIP, someone who ran the BIP forum/lifeboat during the big server crash, and being a significant contributor for many years. 

So I guess I thought to myself, well fuck it, if 95% of the board has decided I'm AKK because I disagree with them on something, then sure, I can do that gig.  I figure, at the least, it's a fun social exercise.  I could post content, I could contribute, but none of you REALLY want that,  You want me as a villain.  And so here we are.

Bullshit. People don't think you're a DK because you disagree with them, they think you're a DK because you stopped treating anyone who disagrees with YOU with even a shred of respect. And you quite clearly like being treated like a useless prick, because if you didn't you would stop acting like one.

Cart before horse

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Molon Lube