News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Unlimited RWHN Appreciation Thread!

Started by Ben Shapiro, June 30, 2013, 02:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Suu on June 30, 2013, 04:37:31 AM
Your livelihood is based on drugs. You're going to have a strong opinion because of this. Basically what it comes down to is that threads appear to argue for the sake of arguing, and that, to me, goes against what we work for here.

I seriously feel like I haven't seen a thread that had a serious, mature discussion of a topic in ages. It always winds down to butthurt and arguing.

I dunno. This thread is bullshit. Be happy with yourself, RWHN. Some of us are glad life has turned around a bit for you.

Life is really good for me now.  I've met a wonderful woman, my kids like her, her kid likes me.  We actually like a lot of the same things which is something the former Mrs RWHN and I could never say about each other.

Life's pretty damned peachy.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 04:24:40 AM
My "weirdness" is simply giving the people what they want.  I dunno when, but like two or three drug threads ago it was made pretty clear to me that solely because if my stance on a certain issue, I had failed the PD.COM litmus test.  Despite, as LMNO points out, being one of the people who helped create the BIP, someone who ran the BIP forum/lifeboat during the big server crash, and being a significant contributor for many years. 

So I guess I thought to myself, well fuck it, if 95% of the board has decided I'm AKK because I disagree with them on something, then sure, I can do that gig.  I figure, at the least, it's a fun social exercise.  I could post content, I could contribute, but none of you REALLY want that,  You want me as a villain.  And so here we are.

Bullshit. People don't think you're a DK because you disagree with them, they think you're a DK because you stopped treating anyone who disagrees with YOU with even a shred of respect. And you quite clearly like being treated like a useless prick, because if you didn't you would stop acting like one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

There's a pretty viscious circle, true enough.

But why keep it going, ESPECIALLY when it's guaranteed to trash your online persona?

I mean, as far as I know you still self-identify as a Discordian, and I know one of your favorite parables is the Sermon on Ethics and Love, so you KNOW that "oh, well, then stop" is a unilateral act.

So really, other than playing the role others expect of you, what the hell are you doing?

AFK

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 30, 2013, 05:12:25 AM
Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 04:24:40 AM
My "weirdness" is simply giving the people what they want.  I dunno when, but like two or three drug threads ago it was made pretty clear to me that solely because if my stance on a certain issue, I had failed the PD.COM litmus test.  Despite, as LMNO points out, being one of the people who helped create the BIP, someone who ran the BIP forum/lifeboat during the big server crash, and being a significant contributor for many years. 

So I guess I thought to myself, well fuck it, if 95% of the board has decided I'm AKK because I disagree with them on something, then sure, I can do that gig.  I figure, at the least, it's a fun social exercise.  I could post content, I could contribute, but none of you REALLY want that,  You want me as a villain.  And so here we are.

Bullshit. People don't think you're a DK because you disagree with them, they think you're a DK because you stopped treating anyone who disagrees with YOU with even a shred of respect. And you quite clearly like being treated like a useless prick, because if you didn't you would stop acting like one.

Cart before horse

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 30, 2013, 05:13:50 AM

But why keep it going, ESPECIALLY when it's guaranteed to trash your online persona?

There is a reason I haven't used that name in ages now.  RWHN is gone, or at least he is here.

QuoteI mean, as far as I know you still self-identify as a Discordian, and I know one of your favorite parables is the Sermon on Ethics and Love, so you KNOW that "oh, well, then stop" is a unilateral act.

So really, other than playing the role others expect of you, what the hell are you doing?

Actually my absolute favorite is Nonsense as Salvation.  So this is me not taking it all so seriously.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:07:02 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 04:48:15 AM
I dont want another drug thread. This is a thread about appreciating rwhn. So lets find stuff to actually appreciate about him rather than the weird spot hes gone through with his family life and him turning into what seems to be a guy who we mainly know for his job. What was that comic in the end of the bip again?

Right. So rev- i dont believe ive ever heard any of your music. Before my joining. Got a song or two to share?

https://soundcloud.com/sc0tt-m

Thanks, man. I'll give it a listen tomorrow. Villager's in the next room sleeping, so I won't be putting it on right now.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:19:46 AM
I dont want another drug thread. This is a thread about appreciating rwhn. So lets find stuff to actually appreciate about him rather than the weird spot hes gone through with his family life and him turning into what seems to be a guy who we mainly know for his job. What was that comic in the end of the bip again?

Right. So rev- i dont believe ive ever heard any of your music. Before my joining. Got a song or two to share?

Thanks, man. I'll give it a listen tomorrow. Villager's in the next room sleeping, so I won't be putting it on right now.

"End" and "Be Still" are both pretty quiet.  Very minimalist, droney kind of stuff.

LMNO

So this is what you actually want to be doing with your non-work brain?

Because, I gotta say, fake persona or not, that's a little upsetting.

Especially because I'm fairly sure I'm not included in your list of enemies, but you pretty much shut the board down when you do your thing, and that DOES affect me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:18:43 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 30, 2013, 05:13:50 AM

There is a reason I haven't used that name in ages now.  RWHN is gone, or at least he is here.

QuoteI mean, as far as I know you still self-identify as a Discordian, and I know one of your favorite parables is the Sermon on Ethics and Love, so you KNOW that "oh, well, then stop" is a unilateral act.

Actually my absolute favorite is Nonsense as Salvation.  So this is me not taking it all so seriously.

So you are not-seriously fucking with people you don't like or respect just to be a dick, AKA trolling.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:21:15 AM

"End" and "Be Still" are both pretty quiet.  Very minimalist, droney kind of stuff.

Listening to End now. What are you using on it? Sounds like a tin whistle of some sort?

AFK

Well, first off, I spend a tiny fraction of my non-work time here.  Trust me, if I was able to be at my GFs place tonight, I wouldn't be talking to you spags.

Second, I just post to post.  Whether or not the board shuts down is not my responsibility.  May I remind that ECH started that last big drug thread, not me.  Dok started the vaportini thread, not me.  I posted a sincere opinion on the Bert and Ernie article in Random News.  I actually believe that was a stupid magazine cover, and I'm going to express that opinion.  If that "shuts down" the board, then the board is in trouble.

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:24:36 AM

Listening to End now. What are you using on it? Sounds like a tin whistle of some sort?

That's it precisely.  It's kinda supposed to be like some kind of marine bird dying.  Uplifting, no?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You could just stop being a dick to people. It works wonders, as does admitting there may be validity to other people's perspectives even when they disagree with yours. After a couple of years, odds are that everyone would look back on this era as "a rough patch", if they even remember it at all.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 30, 2013, 05:29:41 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 30, 2013, 05:24:36 AM

That's it precisely.  It's kinda supposed to be like some kind of marine bird dying.  Uplifting, no?

It reminded me of whale song, actually.  But it does have a very eerie sound to it.

AFK

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 30, 2013, 05:30:51 AM
You could just stop being a dick to people. It works wonders, as does admitting there may be validity to other people's perspectives even when they disagree with yours. After a couple of years, odds are that everyone would look back on this era as "a rough patch", if they even remember it at all.

You could stop being a dick too.  Interesting concept ain't it?