News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

There's an app for that!

Started by Pæs, July 01, 2013, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

An app to gamify everything and win at life. Can take informatioon from all of your other apps and use it to credit you with LIFE POINTS. Want to challenge yourself to get up early? Apply a Gamify penalty to your alarm clock snooze. Go for a ten minute run three times a week? Tell Gamify when you're going and it will provide the framework to verify that you've achieved your goal and reward you with LIFE POINTS.

ALSO: Gamify for kids, like a Gold Star Chart, only controlled by parents through a web interface and accessed by the child through a mobile device.
Rewards once you complete enough chores! Select from a list of things your parent selected OR one of our sponsored reward suggestions!

Cramulus

That's a cool idea! So like, set custom triggers (read:goals) that will award points.

Like, I want to get in shape. So I tell the app to give me a small reward (+1) every time I do sit ups in the morning, a medium reward (+3) every time I go jogging, and a big reward (+5) every time I go to the gym.

When I do one of those things, I flip open the app and log my action, it awards points and eventually badges, etc.

You could save a set of these goals (call it a Quest) and share them with friends. You could invite people to join your quest party, and that quest consists of whatever you choose. The app would display the other people in your party and their level/achievements as well.

LMNO

Ok, that's actually a pretty fantastic app. Would buy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."