News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Objection!

Started by Doktor Howl, July 01, 2013, 04:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

I am reasonably certain that my tax money was sent in to allow society to function.  I took this to mean roads, bridges, some social safety net so poor people don't have to hit people over the head to take their wallets, etc.  I did NOT expect it to mean that the government could waste tons and tons of my filthy lucre listening to my Goddamn phone conversations, reading my email, etc.  This is like giving your kid a charge card for emergencies at college, only to find that an "emergency" is a keg of beer and 5 pizzas a week.

They claim it's to "keep me safe".  I ALREADY felt safe.  Now I feel like I have to watch everything I say or write, to avoid a nice meeting with some pleasant chaps in jackboots, at my door at 2 AM. 

I also didn't count on my money going to flying death robots dropping bombs on some folks I've never even heard of, in some unknown province in Pakistan or whatever 3rd world country (Oregon?) that we're bombing or spying on these days.  I suppose they need to kill lots of people so that there will be MORE angry people for the next generation.

What really kind of gets on my ass, though, is states spending money they don't have in lawsuits aimed at preventing people from having their rights, if how they choose to exercise those rights doesn't meet the moral standards of no-good busybody assholes who are apparently SO PERFECT that they have the time and moral authority to police everyone else's love lives, etc.  Of course, these lawsuits always wind up in federal court, which means I have to pay for SOME OTHER STATE'S BIGOTRY.

Just shut the fuck up and mind your Goddamn business.  If you don't like Gay marriage, don't have a Gay marriage.  If you don't like abortions, don't have a Goddamn abortion.  Just live YOUR life, and save your moral outrage for screaming your hate into the Rush Limbaugh radio show.  And while you're at it, GO FUCK YOURSELF.  YOU'RE TOO GODDAMN LOUD.  SHUT UP.

And as for the "other side", well, you lefties have had what can only be called a collapse of principle, haven't you?  Oh, yes.  All the shit Bush did that you screamed about, you now DEFEND, because it's "your side" doing it.  Also, as above, if you don't like gun ownership, DON'T OWN A FIREARM.  Just SHUT UP.

I just want to be left alone while I drive on the roads my money was supposed to pay for.  I just want to get some SLEEP, without hearing everyone screaming about whatever chunk of SOMEONE ELSE'S BUSINESS they're all fucking upset about.

Just shut up.

Okay for now,
Dok

Molon Lube

LMNO

That needs to be broadcasted all over the world.

Cain

B-but, if I don't complain about how other people are Doing Wrong Things, how will everyone know how utterly righteous I am?  How can I signal my moral superiority and inflate my in-group status among my peers if you take that away from me, Doktor?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2013, 05:05:48 PM
B-but, if I don't complain about how other people are Doing Wrong Things, how will everyone know how utterly righteous I am?  How can I signal my moral superiority and inflate my in-group status among my peers if you take that away from me, Doktor?

Private facebook page.  Seriously.  Zuckerburg did ONE THING RIGHT.

Molon Lube

Ben Shapiro

Can I share all your rants facebook for future references?

Usually I post them in my statuses or on actual pages.

"God Tier Rant"
-- The Good Reverend Roger

Doktor Howl

Quote from: /b/earman on July 01, 2013, 08:48:12 PM

"God Tier Rant"

Just hang "The Good Reverend Roger" on them, and spray 'em around.  Belman and Friends or just on your wall, doesn't matter.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Posted on Facebook

This oughtta be good.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 01, 2013, 09:15:38 PM
Posted on Facebook

This oughtta be good.

I'm thinking of doing one on mushy-headed trends (flouride, cleansing, etc).

Which might be interesting where you are.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2013, 09:16:38 PM
Posted on Facebook

This oughtta be good.

YES
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 01, 2013, 09:21:15 PM
Posted on Facebook

This oughtta be good.

YES

On it.  Give me about 30 minutes.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2013, 09:22:21 PM
Posted on Facebook

This oughtta be good.

YES

SWEEET

Turns out my friends FUCKING LOVED this one, BTW. It got shared all over the place.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Because it's what people are actually THINKING*

*If they think. Big "if", there.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 02, 2013, 06:09:39 PM
Posted on Facebook

This oughtta be good.

YES

SWEEET

Turns out my friends FUCKING LOVED this one, BTW. It got shared all over the place.

Didn't mean to drop the ball on this.  Thunderstorm, etc.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 02, 2013, 07:04:57 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 02, 2013, 06:09:39 PM
Posted on Facebook

This oughtta be good.

YES

SWEEET

Didn't mean to drop the ball on this.  Thunderstorm, etc.

No worries! Gives 'em a day or so to mull over the last one.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2013, 08:50:19 PM
Quote from: /b/earman on July 01, 2013, 08:48:12 PM

"God Tier Rant"

Just hang "The Good Reverend Roger" on them, and spray 'em around.  Belman and Friends or just on your wall, doesn't matter.

I put it on my wall and it's not pissing anybody off. Is it possible I've already run off all the morons? Looks like I have some "friending" to do. :? :lol:

"likes this."
"Wow. What a great rant."
"wow! someone with common sense, that's not so common anymore."
"WORD!"
"who is rev roger?"
"I dunno, but I want him on my team!"
"The Great Reverend Roger does not play on teams. In fact if you're on a "team" you're the people he's talking about."
"Thanks for the rant!!! I agree."
"Love this."
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division