News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

the golden fiddle

Started by Left, July 05, 2013, 12:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

I liked the end. The malevolent god implication.

The only thing I question is why he didn't send it back to his sorry-ass family when he decided not to keep it. There would have been consequences for melting it down, I'm sure, but after being shot at I couldn't blame him if he stuck it in a priority mail box and let nature take its course. The only logic I can see for him hanging out at the crossroads for three nights is he was "too nice".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Left

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 27, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

The only thing I question is why he didn't send it back to his sorry-ass family when he decided not to keep it. There would have been consequences for melting it down, I'm sure, but after being shot at I couldn't blame him if he stuck it in a priority mail box and let nature take its course. The only logic I can see for him hanging out at the crossroads for three nights is he was "too nice".
I was trying to get that he was too much in love with it to destroy it
Sort of like a self-protective element to the fiddle itself?
Also that there was a druglike compulsion involved to play and play and play...
I can fix that, I think.
Thanks!

Edited to add...I *think* I took care of that, part 5...He DID try to destroy it, then tried to get rid of it...and you can see how that went...

I was thinking of Job. 
Too, I was thinking about the Christian concept of the angels not having free will-lots of power, but no free will. Lucifer is an angel; God presumably made him to be the being he is, right?
Well, Christian mythology context.
(I dig the phrase "Christian mythology.")
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Random anger problem on January 27, 2014, 01:33:45 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 27, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

I was trying to get that he was too much in love with it to destroy it
Sort of like a self-protective element to the fiddle itself?
Also that there was a druglike compulsion involved to play and play and play...
I can fix that, I think.
Thanks!

Edited to add...I *think* I took care of that, part 5...He DID try to destroy it, then tried to get rid of it...and you can see how that went...

I was thinking of Job. 
Too, I was thinking about the Christian concept of the angels not having free will-lots of power, but no free will. Lucifer is an angel; God presumably made him to be the being he is, right?
Well, Christian mythology context.
(I dig the phrase "Christian mythology.")

It looks fixed to me.  :)
"Drug-like" is right. I've seen people flush shit, throw it out, whatever. Destroy it. They usually end up going back to it in a day or two, though. So the metaphor works there, the fiddle comes right back.

And yeah, "Christian mythology" is a fun phrase.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

3n1g

This is a seriously fantastic work. Would love to see it published/illustrated!

Left

Thanks and thanks everyone.
Here's hoping inspiration will smack me in the back of the head more often.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy