Author Topic: MAYBE DAY 2022 IS COMING!  (Read 436 times)

Bobby Campbell

• Bard O'Dummy
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
    • bc
MAYBE DAY 2022 IS COMING!
« on: June 05, 2022, 07:41:50 pm »

MAYBE DAY 2022 is our 3rd annual virtual celebration of the lives and ideas of Robert Anton Wilson.
There will be a maybe logical explosion of memes that goes live on July 23rd 8:08 AM UTC at www.maybeday.net

We're going to switch things up a bit this year and introduce an old school webring, instead of the digital NT zine.
Everyone is invited & encouraged to share a weblink to the NEW TRAJECTORIES WEBRING!

This accomplishes a few things, including illuminating a path up, over, and beyond the walled gardens of corporate controlled social media platform monopolies, re-releasing the electronic extensions of our nervous systems back into the true wilderness of the world wide web.

I've got like maybe 5 websites I visit anymore, it's ridiculous, I'm ready to visit strange new worlds!
The idea is simple: Make something cool • Share the link • Explore the webring  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

LMK if you need help getting your piece online. Video presentations would be very welcome additions.

You can contact me here or at RGC777@gmail.com

Approximate deadline for submitting links & video presentations is July 18th

Also! As always, in the spirit of Discordians sticking apart, do please feel free & encouraged to create & post Maybe Day content using your own ways and means. A decentralized and self-organizing Maybe Day would be just the thing to keep the lasagna flying onward and upward to ever greater glory.

<3<3<3

bc

ZenPunkist

• Known
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE DAY 2022 IS COMING!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 03:30:23 pm »
Always great to be part of anything with you all <3 This kind of reminds me of a website that blew my mind a little after I happened upon MLA, and it looks like they keep adding content: https://fusionanomaly.net/symbiosis.html

Thank you Bobby!
In an all too impermanent existence, the kindest thing you can be is an asshole.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

• Deserved It
  • Now 30% more declassified!
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL LORD ENKI
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 05:28:03 pm »
I suspect we'll probably get a lot of writing, images, video, & audio, but it occurs to me that it'd be really cool to do something interactive (ex., with twine).

I may not have time to do anything cool myself, though.

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bobby Campbell

• Bard O'Dummy
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
    • bc
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 07:14:27 pm »
Always great to be part of anything with you all <3 This kind of reminds me of a website that blew my mind a little after I happened upon MLA, and it looks like they keep adding content: https://fusionanomaly.net/symbiosis.html

Thank you Bobby!

I loved fusion anomaly! That's exactly the kind of weird web stuff I'd love to find again  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:
Thanks as always & forever for the enthusiasm ZP!

I suspect we'll probably get a lot of writing, images, video, & audio, but it occurs to me that it'd be really cool to do something interactive (ex., with twine).

I may not have time to do anything cool myself, though.

Something truly interactive would be great, I'll have to check out twine!

I just got a working version of the webring up and running.
I just have a few sample sites up for now, but will populate with sites as they start rolling in.
You can check out the demo here: https://new-trajectories.com/