News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

LIBER JUNGLE: OVERTURE
(Mostly stuff I've posted here already)

Bobby Campbell

Newly printed comix hot off the presses for SPX 2015  :fnord:

minuspace

I love the purusha ref., and how it calls for spirit :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: LuciferX on September 10, 2015, 07:26:22 AM

Thanks! I just recently reconnected with my old Indian Religion & Philosophy professor. I love all that stuff. Even the most far out fantasy-sci-fi-psychedelia seems hum drum compared to Hindu metaphysics.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 10, 2015, 11:44:39 PM
That's awesome!

Thanks much! It's been 10 years since I've tabled at a comic convention. I'm bringing the kids along and they've got mini comix that we made together. I'm pretty excited  :fnord:

minuspace

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on September 11, 2015, 03:17:07 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on September 10, 2015, 07:26:22 AM

Thanks! I just recently reconnected with my old Indian Religion & Philosophy professor. I love all that stuff. Even the most far out fantasy-sci-fi-psychedelia seems hum drum compared to Hindu metaphysics.

Yea, me too - started off quite partial to Vedanta, though just now rediscovering how that metaphysics was also richly encoded in the narrative/mythology; apart from the formal discourse I used to focus on.  Thank you for sharing.

Bobby Campbell

I started an all ages web comic w/ my kids  :fnord:
www.awesomecomix.net

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love it! It's totally cute, and what a great thing to do with your kids.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Thanks very much, Nigel!

Can't wait to show everyone what the boys and I have cooked up!  :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was awesome! It seems so different from your other work, very 1970's superhero-serial.

minuspace

Bobby Campbell

Oh! It's on the website, but I shd mention here that the art for Agnosis! is done by the entirely excellent Marcelino Balao III!

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2015, 07:20:04 AM
That was awesome! It seems so different from your other work, very 1970's superhero-serial.

Thanks so much! 70's superhero-serial is an awesome description  :fnord:

Quote from: LuciferX on November 18, 2015, 08:44:31 AM

Bingo!!  :)