News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Redux version of 2004ish comic

Posted another antique over at disinfo: https://disinfo.com/2016/01/bill-hicks-good-news/

Bobby Campbell

minuspace

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 12, 2016, 02:36:21 AM
Super cool, LuciferX!  :fnord:

Thank you.  Can't wait to check out new posts here, always pleasantly surprised :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: LuciferX on January 13, 2016, 04:04:34 PM

Thank you.  Can't wait to check out new posts here, always pleasantly surprised :fnord:

Thanks, as always, for checking in!  :fnord:

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 14, 2016, 01:10:03 AM
:lulz: Nice!

Super very much obliged!  :fnord:

I wrote a silly thing about How James Joyce Inspired Star Wars

Ziegejunge

Been meaning to say how much I appreciate your work, Bobby Campbell! Thank you for sharing, and keep it up!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't care much about Star Wars, but my friends do, so I'm gonna repost that on my Facebook. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Ziegejunge on January 19, 2016, 08:06:22 PM
Been meaning to say how much I appreciate your work, Bobby Campbell! Thank you for sharing, and keep it up!

I really appreciate that, Ziegejunge!  :fnord:

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2016, 10:09:54 PM
I don't care much about Star Wars, but my friends do, so I'm gonna repost that on my Facebook. :)

Right on & thanks, Nigel!

Yeah, the venn diagram of people who care about Joyce & people who care about Star Wars is a pretty small sliver, but hopefully all 15 of them will enjoy this!  :fnord:

Faust

I didn't realise the Hero with a thousand faces references Finnegan wake. It was talked about a lot in Illuminatus! but I've never read it. Will have to give it a try.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Faust on January 20, 2016, 11:55:04 AM
I didn't realise the Hero with a thousand faces references Finnegan wake. It was talked about a lot in Illuminatus! but I've never read it. Will have to give it a try.

Right on! Yeah Joyce was probably the biggest influence on Joseph Campbell. The book he wrote just before "Hero w/ a Thousand Faces" was "A Skeleton Key to Finnegans Wake" which is one of my very favorite books, and where you can see him first developing the ideas for the hero's journey.

Bobby Campbell

I read two Andre the Giant graphic novels this weekend, and enjoyed them enough to scribble up something about it!   :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Awww, I have a huge soft spot for Andre the Giant.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 04:34:07 AM
Awww, I have a huge soft spot for Andre the Giant.

Same! I don't think I could revisit it now, but I've got a great fondness for professional wrestling as folk performance art.

Bobby Campbell

Check out Raw Currency for the backstory on these here bills, and also to download a printable pdf so that you can make your own RAW cash!  :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Okey-dokey! That'll do it for awhile :)

I'm getting ready to move and it'll be a minute before I get my studio set back up.

Best wishes to all and thanks so very much for humoring me and my oddball scribbles.

Figuring to return w/ all new foolishness on April 1st  :fnord:

Excelsior!

bc