News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 09, 2014, 09:01:49 PM
Thx again! I got 2 boys, 3 & 5 :)
Here's something we all worked on together: 

Awwww!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Thank you very kindly, TC & Nigel!

Bobby Campbell

"These people, Joyce, to some degree Pound, McLuhan, they were the prophets of the world in which we now stand,
the world of integrated interactive media, extraordinary data retrieval that erases the 17th century notion of the
unconscious. Nothing is now unconscious if your data search commands are powerful enough."
- Terence McKenna in Riding Range w/ Marshall McLuhan

Bobby Campbell

Faust

Awesome!

I've put a link to the event on the front page and on the http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/

I really want to go but there's not a chance of me getting time off.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bobby Campbell

Thanks muchly!

I also wish I could go, but alas am stuck on the wrong side of the ocean.

I'm told most of it is going to posted on youtube at least. :fnord:

Telarus

Sweet, video would be very cool.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Excellent and rather exciting!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

I've added the poster to the front page as well at the request of Tall Paul from the facebook event group.

Bobby Campbell

Oh that's cool! I don't know Tall Paul, but much thx to you both!

Bobby Campbell

Tom Jackson over at RAWIllumination.net is kicking off a weekly Illuminatus! Reading Group on monday.

I pitched in an image of support:

Douglas Rushkoff's graphic novel TESTAMENT was released as a digital comic on comixology.com this week.

I had fun translating it from print to digital format, and even got to design the cover (A collage comprised of existing series artwork)

Bobby Campbell

March was a weird month of mostly miscues and fuck ups, but I'm working my way through it...

Wrote my first piece for disinfo.com recently, just testing the waters, figured I'd kick it off w/ a call back to GM's famous rant, but due to a misunderstanding the image got left out, but here it is anyways!

Got fired off a gig drawing caricatures for a local weekly paper after only 3 weeks. Can't blame them though.  The guy that replaced me is legitimately better for the job, and draws in a nice clean classic caricature style.  It was fun to do back to basics pen and ink drawings though.

Drew this cover off of the author's description and think it turned out well enough, but after 3 rounds of additions and revisions became disillusioned with the project and suggested they start over with another artist. I don't blame the author at all for wanting the cover of his book to be just right, but I'd rather give up the money than re-draw the hand in the foreground clutching an American flag, "just to see what it looks like." I ain't the one.

This guy's agent said the 3 figures weren't exciting enough, but the joke's on him because I fucked up by assuming the "3 Soldiers" Vietnam memorial statue (that they're based on) was federal property and hence public domain, whereas actually it's the IP of a very litigious VFW group, and the cover is unusable anyway. Start over with a new artist, I say.

I need money so I've been taking on projects I don't really care about, but it doesn't seem to be working out for me, so I think I'll lean towards a different approach.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's really good stuff, Bobby.  But welcome to the world of art.  Nothing is ever quite good enough, and the more obscure a writer is, the more everything has to be PERFECT.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Fucking hell that sounds head wrecking.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2014, 07:27:44 AM
Fucking hell that sounds head wrecking.

After the MSY/tales from Fat Ernie's, it took me three years to even THINK about trying another project that involved more than me.

I have the same problem with artists that Bobby has with writers.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.