News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2014, 03:08:34 AM
It's really good stuff, Bobby.  But welcome to the world of art.  Nothing is ever quite good enough, and the more obscure a writer is, the more everything has to be PERFECT.

Thanks very much! And yeah I really can't blame them either. They've probably got a lot riding on these books and shouldn't settle for something they don't actually like. I wish them well in their pursuit of perfection w/ someone else!

Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2014, 07:27:44 AM
Fucking hell that sounds head wrecking.

It is indeed! Neil Gaiman has a great bit about how it seemed like he got punished every time he did stuff just for the money. Not a bad lesson for me to learn maybe.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2014, 03:58:26 PM

After the MSY/tales from Fat Ernie's, it took me three years to even THINK about trying another project that involved more than me.

I have the same problem with artists that Bobby has with writers.

Yeah it occurs to me that it might be ridiculous to still be dealing w/ publishers & middlemen in the current paradigm.

The pay is negligible anyway, I might as well put my time and energy back into making and distributing my own stuff.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on April 09, 2014, 04:15:50 PM

Yeah it occurs to me that it might be ridiculous to still be dealing w/ publishers & middlemen in the current paradigm.

The pay is negligible anyway, I might as well put my time and energy back into making and distributing my own stuff.

No shit.  I'm sitting on 3 stories for graphic novels, complete, and I've just finally given up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2014, 04:29:06 PM

No shit.  I'm sitting on 3 stories for graphic novels, complete, and I've just finally given up.

In all honesty if I could quit I absolutely would, but that doesn't seem possible for me, so I just try to enjoy the compulsion as best as I can

Bobby Campbell

I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, but it sounds pretty awesome...

Bobby Campbell

I contributed a few scribbles to the Cosmic Trigger crowd funding effort.
3 of the 24 RAW "Selves" trading cards offered as a perk for donating to the cause.

THE FOOL

THE FATHER

THE MYSTIC

Also, I like that TV show Community quite a bit

hooplala

No Inspector Spacetime??
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2014, 11:06:41 PM
No Inspector Spacetime??

All in due time, or should I say... space  :fnord:

trix

Wow, I'm late to the party, but, what incredible talent you have!

I really like these, all of these.

Do you sell copies of the comic book or just give online for free?

Would you be offended if color printed stapled together copies started randomly appearing in waiting rooms?
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Bobby Campbell

Thanks so much, trix!  :fnord:

Quote from: trix on July 09, 2014, 07:29:04 AM

Do you sell copies of the comic book or just give online for free?

Would you be offended if color printed stapled together copies started randomly appearing in waiting rooms?

I'm going to start selling digital comix this summer, but currently everything's free.

I wouldn't be offended at all if print copies started spreading around! That would be awesome.

If fact here's a link to a print quality version of Weird Comix #1

THANKS!

Bu🤠ns

I love your reality tunnel, Bobby! I can't wait for Issue #2

Bobby Campbell

Very much obliged, Bu☆ns!  :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Good stuff!

I always enjoy your work, Bobby.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bobby Campbell