News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

BUDDHAFART – The story so far...
By Bobby Campbell & Todd Purse
Continued from BUDDHAFART – EP. 13 "PUNCHLINE"

TO BE CONTINUED AFTER A BRIEF INTERMISSION

BUDDHAFART is going on hiatus for a bit while the next act half bakes in the oven  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

New weekly comix & art will continue though.

NEXT SUNDAY "THE DRAGON'S GIFT"

Bobby Campbell

For further context checkout:
JRJR VS. MR. T
A Skeleton Key to The Dragon's Gift

NEXT WEEK: MS. TRI BEGINS!

ZenPunkist

This is so awesome!! I love getting more and more of one of my all-time favorite artists' origin story <3
In an all too impermanent existence, the kindest thing you can be is an asshole.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: ZenPunkist on May 20, 2021, 08:06:23 PM
This is so awesome!! I love getting more and more of one of my all-time favorite artists' origin story <3

Thanks so much, ZP! Appreciate you indulging my shenanigans  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Faust

damn that hits hard, important to tell the all too real situations too
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Faust on May 24, 2021, 02:29:23 PM
damn that hits hard, important to tell the all too real situations too

Thanks for reading, Faust!

An earlier version of this still had the real swears in it, rather than this $#!+, and one of those lines in particular was too much for me.

It was also originally about Ms. Pac-Man. The story popped into my head fully formed in the Spring of 2002. I got out of bed at 2 AM to write it all down.
It's been through several iterations over the last almost 20 years, but I think this one did the trick  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

WHAT THE WHAT?
A Skeleton Key to LUX NATURA

When I was 23, being already an insufferable such & such, I scrawled 3 sevens and an inscrutable ideogram on the back of my jean jacket. There was no because, but there were FAQs!

I wd legit get stopped on the street:
"What does that symbol mean?"
But of course IDK what it means!

I was working at Baker Jeep Eagle at the time, primarily filing service reports, trying to decipher my brother's handwritten alphanumeric VIN codes, and came upon this alien hieroglyphic on the paperwork for an oil change on a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Theoretically it's supposed to be a letter or number, but which one is a mystery I was entirely unable to solve. So whatever all that means is what the symbol means I suppose!

This comic was originally done as an "Illumination Ritual" assignment, while I was studying Chaos Magick with Peter J. Carroll back in like 2006. My thought being, and remaining, that magick is best used within the realm of art/fiction  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

I've got a bit in the Liverpool Arts Lab's latest issue of 'Bodge'
(A British Discordian zine put out by a lot of cool cats from the Cosmic Trigger play crew)
RE: The Lost Doctor:
"What if the late, great Ken Campbell had been The Doctor? From the Universe Next Door comes a possible answer..."
https://soundcloud.com/the-lost-doctor

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell