News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Thanks everybody!!

I borrowed a bit from an early edition Cosmic Trigger cover:

They're setting up a "digital dome" at the Cosmic Trigger play in Nov, which I guess is like a mini imax screen, and I'm scribbling up some relevant pics for the occasion .

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

Agnosis!
(Book 1 of 2) #FINDTHEOTHERS
64 Pages • Digital Download (PDF)
By Bobby Campbell & Marcelino Balao III

A technoshaman from a post-apocalyptic future sparks resistance against the dystopian forces that have overtaken humanity.
Take the hero's journey through the 8 dimensions of mind with this psychedelic, Discordian hypersigil!

It's time to wake up from the nightmare of history.
Are you ready?

DOWNLOAD LINK

BUDDHAFART
(Book 1 of 2) PULL MY FINGER
50 Pages • Digital Download (PDF)
By Bobby Campbell & Todd Purse
(With Marcelino Balao III)
EXPLICIT (NSFW)

It's a metafictional riddle, wrapped in a crude mystery, inside a surrealist enigma, but perhaps there is a key!

This is the secret history of the Twin Gods of Chaos, Aiwass Hodge & Aiwass Podge, and of their initiation into the Discordian Mythos.

The eternal return is back with a vengeance, and this time it's personal!

DOWNLOAD LINK

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am hopeful about the direction of this series already.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hmmm nice, I'll check that out!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 10, 2015, 01:34:12 AM
Hmmm nice, I'll check that out!

Thank you muchly! It's a great blog!

Bobby Campbell

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Like most artists, I learned fairly early that for the most part, the only person who will act happy when you foist your art at them is  your mother. Making art and assuming others want it because you like it is an exercise in egotism, which makes sense because in my experience most artists have fragile egos and are in constant need of validation. Therefore, when people ignore, reject, or dismiss your art, it is often a crushing blow to the ego. This is especially difficult for children.

The reaction formation defense mechanism that many artists develop in response to this is "Fuck you if you don't like my art, I don't give a fuck". It is fairly transparent.

Most functional and successful artists I know eventually arrive at a point where they make the art to satisfy their need to be creative, but then rather than shoving it at people and demanding appreciation, share it with people and hope for appreciation. We all still want the appreciation, the change is in the expectation.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 17, 2015, 02:47:04 PM
Like most artists, I learned fairly early that for the most part, the only person who will act happy when you foist your art at them is  your mother. Making art and assuming others want it because you like it is an exercise in egotism, which makes sense because in my experience most artists have fragile egos and are in constant need of validation. Therefore, when people ignore, reject, or dismiss your art, it is often a crushing blow to the ego. This is especially difficult for children.

The reaction formation defense mechanism that many artists develop in response to this is "Fuck you if you don't like my art, I don't give a fuck". It is fairly transparent.

Most functional and successful artists I know eventually arrive at a point where they make the art to satisfy their need to be creative, but then rather than shoving it at people and demanding appreciation, share it with people and hope for appreciation. We all still want the appreciation, the change is in the expectation.

Very well put, Nigel!

This is exactly the line of thinking I was aiming for :fnord: